Chapter 11

Calix

No.

This cannot be happening.

It is impossible.

Why must I be the one to suffer all the time?

Why in the world must Isha choose a rumoured haunted bungalow for our first date?

Yesterday, I received a text from Miss Sen about her having a planned date arranged, already. Considering her personality, I for sure, knew that we weren't going on a breakfast, lunch, or dinner date. But again, I wasn't familiar with Isha's hobbies, aspirations, dreams or anything along the line to form a calculative assumption. Somehow, the information about the first date slipped out of my lips in front of Audrey who, with her same teasing glances, assured me not to worry much.

I have been worried. Almost too much to my liking that I could barely focus on my work, the entire day. Especially when Isha said she wanted me to pick her up after eleven-thirty, at night. That made me ponder where we were going so late, if not on a dinner date.

Now, everything makes sense.

"What do you think?" Isha beams at me.

I can only swallow a lump at the sight of the bungalow in front of me. There are no street lights or any sign of houses nearby. We are completely alone, with just a forest staring at us from across the road. Once in a while, less than expected vehicles pass by due to this road being a short-cut to several areas situated in Syncitia's capital, Euthensia. People say that after seven in the evening, ominous and weird things happen here. Some say that they have seen something supernatural lurking around this location. Some say they have heard voices, howling, crying, screaming. While some say they feel sick when they are in front or near the house.

I have neither witnessed nor experienced any paranormal events, in my past twenty-seven years of life. But that doesn't change the fact that I am afraid of ghosts or anything unearthly. It is utterly childish to be expected of a prince, but it is what it is. And my adolescent cousins still wonder why I always avoid watching horror movies with them.

But should I reveal about my irrational fear to Isha, who loves thrill and adventure in her life? No way. It will only give her more opportunities to prove that I am boring.

I am not. I can prove it.

"Is this the reason you told me to clear my schedule for tonight and asked the driver to pick us both up again in the morning?" I ask, my forced smile twitching once in a while.

Isha nods, her excited grin not leaving her face once. "I have brought the necessary items for our first date, which is to be held here. Also, I have always wanted to explore this rumoured haunted bungalow and see for myself if there actually are any paranormal entities skulking at this place. I got the chance, and took it. We'll spend the entire night here. I also have a surprise—"

As Isha keeps on rambling, I can only think of one thing.

Isha is a witch who practices black magic. And she is insane.

 And she is insane