Chapter 18

Isha

I barely received any sleep last night for obvious reasons. And to think that I am on my way to the Royal Palace for our second date, with a swollen face, is horrific. Concealer and foundation can only do wonders in partial amount.

Taking out the compact mirror, I check my reflection for the nth time.

To all the dates that I have been on, in past years, not once have I felt so worked up over my attire. Killian was a completely different case, considering how we had an unhealthy relationship, and he was prone to taunting me regarding everything and no matter what I did. Anyway, I shouldn't waste my time on that filthy asshole anymore.

I do think there are certain logical conclusions as to why I am so tensed over meeting Calix, even though this is just a date made out of a silly bet. Hence, the rational part of my brain says...

I am going on a date with a freaking royalty, regardless, of it having any meaning or not. That's a big deal.

Well, not as big as being in a fake relationship and having already experienced a miserable first date with the same royalty. I just hope things go smoothly tonight.

My nervous fingers fumble with the velvety, midnight blue cloth of my dress, the length of which is a little longer than my knees. For some reason, Calix texted me this morning saying it would be better if I could wear something similar to a gown. It does not have to too extravagant; just a simple, plain dress would suffice even.

I almost sent a sarcastic reply to Prince High Horse which consisted of these words, to be specific: Do you plan on appearing as 'not' boring by preparing a formal and elegant date, similar to our unofficial first date at the restaurant? But, my conscience told me it would be foolishly rude of me to make assumptions before reaching there and seeing everything by myself.

Although, I am ninety percent sure Calix's idea of an exciting date is far too different from mine. I can only wish to hopefully not doze off in the middle, if I have to sit straight, all elegant and formal, and have a lavishing dinner over a sophisticated chat, throughout the night.

The familiar ringtone of my phone blares through my ears. Terror clashes into me at the thought of the caller. It could possibly not be Killian, but there is no guarantee. I had been receiving hundreds of so-called apology messages from my ex, which forced me to block his number, and him on all social media accounts, likewise.

A breath of relief washes over me when I read the Caller ID. It is Aria.

"Yes Didi?"

I frown, not receiving any reply from the other side of the call. I speak a little louder, "Hello? Am I audible to you?"

Another moment of silence prevails. When I plan on disconnecting the call, thinking it's a technical issue, the shivering voice of my elder sister filled with excitement, comes out.

"Isha. I am pregnant."

"Oh congratulations...wait—WHAT?"

I am probably hearing things.

"I am pregnant. Yes, it is true." Aria tries to maintain a calm tone but it comes out shaky, anyway.

"Are—" I don't know what to say. What do you even say on the unexpected announcement of your big sister's pregnancy?

"Are you alright?" I ask, the initial shock fading and it being now replaced with overwhelming emotions.

I am going to be an aunt. Oh my God. Me. Isha Sen. An aunt. That's it. I have decided that I am going to be the best and coolest aunt, out there.