Chapter 31

Calix

Impertinent Lady: Lol you know me well XD Yes I'm heading to the library. Even if I do not, I'll just be on this floor. :)

With a smile enough to rot my teeth and affect it with cavities, I switch off my phone and focus my attention back on the lady in front of me. Mrs Isla Rosa, a.k.a, my therapist who isn't quite sneaky in her acts of sending very obvious teasing glances at me through her glasses.

Isla clears her throat, putting down the phone she was scrolling through earlier before looking straight into my eyes, "Your Royal Highness, I sense something serious. You never request a session when I am just about to get off work."

I smile sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck. "I apologize Mrs Rosa. I just am really...in need of some help."

A knowing smirk appears at the corner of her lips as she pushes the glasses up the bridge of her nose and takes a notepad and pen in her hands. "You have my full attention, Your Royal Highness."

"Well, how should I begin..." I trail off with an awkward chuckle rising up my throat when I remember how I had made the false scenario about a friend and his woman. Well not his woman. Or mine. Or whatever.

My therapist raises an eyebrow, "Is this session going to be about that friend of yours and the mysterious woman once again, Your Royal Highness?"

I gulp, knowing very well it is impossible to escape from those cunning eyes. From what I see, Mrs Isla Rosa probably had everything figured out since the beginning. Especially since she is one of the exclusive people who know about my and Isha's fake relationship, being my therapist. The profession of a detective would've suited her a lot better. Still, I try to test the waters as I answer with scepticism rather than affirmation, "Yes?"

"Your Royal Highness, we are both aware how this friend of yours is you, and that woman he is engaged in a mutual business relationship is Miss Isha Sen."

I cannot help but gulp and laugh more awkwardly than before, "Yes correct about that you are."

"It is time that you are finally admitting the untold truth then it seems, Your Royal Highness." Mrs Rosa's voice takes a teasing turn, causing me to flush deeply out of embarrassment. I was never like this before. So easily readable. And so easily expressible.

Isha. Her presence is intoxicating, and I swear to God, her presence alone has changed me and today, I am here to confront my fears. To understand and learn about the emotions I am going through.

"Your Royal Highness, take your time. There is no rush."

"You know Mrs Rosa, you are always so capable of reading my mind that at times I wonder if I had my mother—birth mother, still with me, she would have been quite a bit like you."

"She was," Mrs Rosa smiled. I know she was. Mrs Isla Rosa has been working at the Royal Palace since the time my mother was a maid here. Apparently, they were close friends. It is through Mrs Rosa that I could hear about my mother's life, personality, stories and imagine that she was with me, comforting me. Consoling me.

For all I know, I would have gone to her first to talk about the emotions I have been feeling whenever Isha is around me.

I take in a deep breath before letting the words flow out of me, "Whenever I am in Isha's presence, I feel different."

Mrs Rosa hums, jotting down notes in her notepad, "Please elaborate."

"I...similar to a cardiac arrest."