Chapter 8

Isha

I have only dreamt of attending a three Michelin star restaurant. Never have I ever even felt that I could receive the opportunity of stepping inside such a heavenly abode. I can peacefully die now, no questions required.

Well, I did have plans of making money and being rich (if I could ever become a famous author) but reality is not as easy as it seems. I have enough confidence to think I could acquire this dream of mine but probably in some twenty or more years.

"Where did you get lost, Miss Sen?" Calix asks when he finds me dreamily gazing at the six-storey, extravagant building in front of me.

"Oh, just," I laugh, being flustered by my actions. I cannot possibly let the prince know how broke I am, in comparison to him. "The building is really beautiful, Your Royal Highness."

"Is it?" Calix tilts his head, following where I am staring at, "I have never paid much attention to the buildings where I have dined at, perhaps."

Because you are a prince of a country, Prince High Horse. My face twitches at the most appropriate words willing to flow out of my candid mouth. But I restrain myself due to the presence of paparazzi swarming around us. Presently, they are being obstructed by the royal guards from reaching us and bombarding us with their various questions. However, one cannot simply ignore their presence.

Unknowingly, my eyes move to the hands resting beside Calix. He appears to be a lot more at ease now.

"Shall we head inside then?" Calix asks, offering his arm at the same time.

I take it and look at the building in front of me, "We shall."  

Only I know how hard I am trying to contain the outburst of squeals

As soon as we step inside through the automatic sliding door, I find myself in a luxurious reception. Chandelier hanging from the ceiling, artificial candles and flowers with fresh scents ornamenting the area, take my breath away. But what intrigues me is that I can notice no guest around. Is everyone dining at the same time and that is why the reception area is so vacant?

"Why is the restaurant only filled with waiters, waitresses, receptionists and other staff?" curiosity gets the best of me and I whisper to Calix, as soon as, one of the staff greets us and proceeds to lead us to our reserved table.

Calix shrugs nonchalantly, "The paparazzi were getting on my nerves and I had some important matters to discuss with you. Hence, I reserved the entire restaurant for tonight."

"Are you crazy?" I put a palm on my mouth when I feel the gaped stares and realize that I had just yelled at a prince. Thank God no paparazzi is around us, or I would have been in the headlines of tomorrow's newspaper.

Calix seems unfazed. He simply glances at me with a raised eyebrow, as if judging me. I clench my fists, trying to calm down. It is only natural that a member of the royal family will not be thrifty like me. Reserving three Michelin star restaurants for a night is a piece of cake for them.