Chapter 20

Calix

I suck in a tight breath at the feeling of Isha's soft lips on mine. My palm moves on to carefully caress her cheeks and with the other, pull the woman by her waist, as close to me, as possible. What started as a sweet, unsure, soft kiss soon turns into an ardent one. Isha's slender fingers tangle into my hair, tugging me closer to her face. Meanwhile, I suck on her lower lips and smile subtly, hearing the soft moan of the girl. Quite literally, our tongues find one another, dominating in an intense fight while we enjoy ourselves in the luscious kiss.

This kiss is different from our first one. It was merely Isha placing her lips on mine and me not responding but today. It feels special, somehow. More fiery, to be specific.

Hearts beating. Teeth clashing. Tongues fighting. Lips entangling in a fervent kiss. I have never experienced this before, but I sure as hell do not hate it.

For what feels like an eternity, we finally pull apart with flushed cheeks, and messy hair, from the hot kiss. Isha's lipstick is smudged, and I am pretty sure I have some on mine too. My thumb moves to her face to remove the tints of red formed from her lipstick, at the corner of her lips.

We stare at one another, huffing and puffing due to the earnest kiss we have just shared before scrambling away from one another when realization strikes us.

What have I done? Horror hits me at the thought that I had allowed myself to accept the sexual tension in the heat of the moment, when I was the one to propose the condition of no kissing policy between us.

"Um-uh." Isha breaks the uncomfortable silence while trying her best to fix her appearance and avoid my eyes in the meantime. I honestly do the same. "It's late and I have work tomorrow so..."

"Yeah yeah, totally. Oh wait, I have arranged dinner for you." In the midst of the whole kissing and dancing session, the preparation of dinner I had made for Isha had slipped out of my mind. Although I am sure, the dinner will be us trying to fill our appetite as fast as possible in silence but there is no way I am allowing my date to leave without having dinner at least.

"No it's alright." Isha hurriedly walks past me to grab her purse and before I can stop her, she is already almost out of the ballroom. "I'll see you later. Thanks for the ki-date. And good night."

"Should I drop-" Isha walks away from my view when I was on the verge of offering her to accompany her to her residence. Even when I have full trust on Broody escorting Isha to her home, and providing her with tight security, for the first time ever, the thought that if only I wasn't someone as popular and important as a prince, strikes me.

And then memories of our shared kiss rushes through my mind, as unknowingly I touch my lips, with a subtle grin. It was overwhelming and filled with so many mind-boggling emotions that I wouldn't mind experiencing the moment from not long ago, again.

On the spur of the moment, I forgot to bring up the topic of the Royal Ball happening next year that Nirvana will be hosting.

Almost instantly, another terrifying thought strikes me. Primarily because of Isha's hurry to move away from me.

Did Isha not like the kiss, due to my lack of experience?