Chapter 41

Isha

"Please don't tell me you have committed a national crime," the words fly out of my mouth the moment Lola reappears in the doorstep of Aria and Dakota's house at around 6 p.m., but a lot calmer than what she was few hours back.

"I should have," Lola let out something similar to a growl as the fiery lady enters the house. "That fucker deserves to die in the worst way possible."

"Language Lola," Aria warns, pointing at her one and a half months pregnant belly as she walks past by and into another room. Lola, who listens to my elder sister more than us, (perhaps somewhat fears too) immediately decreases the volume of her voice.

"That fucker deserves to die in the worst way possible," Lola repeats the sentence in a whispery tone, while I usher her to the living room. My best friend sighs, clearly glad to be out of Aria's earshot and settles into the couch. "I can't believe I thought Calix was different."

I can't help but smile gently, sitting beside her. "I am alright, Lola. Really. I am. Anyway," I exhale staring up at the ceiling, "As you have overheard, it wasn't a real relationship in the beginning. This was bound to end someday. I was just a delusional fool to expect something more with a prince. To hopelessly believe, we had something."

"Isha no," Lola frowns turning her body towards me, and giving my hands an assuring squeeze, "You were not wrong. Fine, it was a fake relationship in the beginning but then, you two dated, didn't you? For real. Even if it was for a small span of time. And you know what, feelings are something we cannot control and does not happen with our permission. You did nothing wrong. You were or, are, just in love. Yes, with the wrong person since clearly that jerk had no business in leading you on with whatever ulterior motive he had, by simply playing with your feelings or using you for whatever reason..."

Invisible thorns prick my skin, as Lola's talks fade away and the hollow, empty, stupid feeling returns. A horrible thought plants its roots in my brain. The thought of Calix using me just to acquire physical pleasure. It isn't that these past two days of absolute hell of loneliness and feelings of betrayal and abandonment, I did not think of the possibility. Of Calix being all nice and charming, like the perfect prince from movies and books, possessive, showing signs of jealousy, sweet gestures, caring and concerning gaze, at times hot and flirtatious, in order to just bed me. Even the thought is disgusting and I can't help but feel guilty for thinking so low of the man for whom I am head over heels for. He made me feel things that I never knew were possible in real world. And to find everything was a bitter lie and a fragment of my own realistic, delusional, hopeless, love, my mind drifts off to that toxic prospect. The thought of Calix using me just to get in my pants. And I allowed him like the naïve woman I am, didn't I?

I for sure do hope that it isn't true. That Calix simply was confused like he had claimed two days ago. However, if the former assumption does come true, I do not know how I will cope with the terrifying information.

I am aware it will pass, just how my feelings for Killian had, but the bittersweet memories and that one plague-like voice taunting me "You just have the body. What else?" will forever haunt my days and nights.

Calix is the beautiful dream I wish I never had.

"Isha?"

Lola's sympathetic voice finds me, pulling me back from the haunting thoughts. "Y-Yes. Yes...what did you say?"

Lola sighs, tugging me into a hug and the warm tears return as they stream down once again and I bury into the warmth of her embrace while her hand softly rubs my back. "Let it all out, Isha. Let it all out."