{Old Friendships}

While Daniel went over the ranks keeping everyone on the edge of their seats

While Daniel went over the ranks keeping everyone on the edge of their seats. Leah sat on the top row biting her lower lip. She took deep slow breaths in and out, holding back her tears. Ivy sat next to her, rubbing her back and leaning her head against her shoulder. She knew how much this meant to the girl. It had taken her years to accept herself and learn to love every inch of her body. All her self esteem and confidence had been dragged across the ground because of her mother. Hearing and seeing that many people supported her or have also gone through similar citations really broke her heart. She's aware of how cruel parents could be to their children. Sometimes she could still hear her mother's words run through her mind. She would constantly hear her before a grand performance which would make her extremely anxious. Even then when she was filming the performance her mother's voice ran through her mind. Words like you're not good enough, why can't you be like your brothers? You're supposed to act like a lady! You're such a disappointment. Dance? Ha, you won't go anywhere with that. Her mind would be clouded with her voice. Making her have such a hard time and making her be extremely hard on her own self. She would sometimes have anxiety attacks because of the trauma her mother put her through.

If anything, she is happier than ever. Her tears were also good tears. Glad that she doesn't have to go through that anymore. She couldn't possibly live with her parents again. They had damaged her in so many ways. She had learned to hate her body at the age of twelve, thanks to not only her mother but a few kids at school. Who would constantly make fun of her body weight. Leading to having an eating distort and skipping meals throughout the day. Sometimes she wouldn't eat for days wanting to be skinny like the models she would see on magazines and idols she saw on tv. When she joined volleyball in middle school girls made fun of her legs causing her to stop wearing skirts, dresses and shorts. When she turned fourteen she found a passion for singing. She would do it whenever she cleaned or washed the dishes. Her mother had been quick to joke about her voice. Telling all her family members how she sounded like a dying hyena. She quickly became quiet after that. She didn't sing nor talk as much as she used to. She barely left her room, only leaving for school or dance practice. Her mother never showed up to any dance competitions, making the girl's heart break every single time. She always looked forward to seeing her since she always attended Felix Taekwondo tournaments.

After four years of hoping she would come to at least a performance she gave up having hope. Her mother didn't attend her school talent shows nor perfect attendance ceremonies. She would even forget about her only daughter's birthday. Leah would have to make her own cakes or wait until her dad got home from work to bring her a cake. Her mother would constantly make fun of her clothing choices. How certain shirts would fit her because they were small. She would tell her how they would fit a child and that she was fatter. Nothing she ever did was good enough for her mother. She spent ten years of her life hating herself. It wasn't until she turned twenty years old when she started to focus on herself. Started to do her own healing.