Chapter 3

JJ lies with his head on Rosa's boobs and sleeps deeply, Rosa draws her eyebrows together as Pope shakes her "Plane Rosa! Wake up!" She pushes his hands away and grumbles tiredly, Pope shakes her again, "There's a plane!" Rosa opens her eyes as sh...

JJ lies with his head on Rosa's boobs and sleeps deeply, Rosa draws her eyebrows together as Pope shakes her "Plane Rosa! Wake up!" She pushes his hands away and grumbles tiredly, Pope shakes her again, "There's a plane!" Rosa opens her eyes as she hears the sound of the plane and her eyes immediately widen. Pope grabs a lighter and his shoes and runs off. Rosa slowly sits up, which is why JJ also wakes up and looks at her in confusion. 

"Guys, wake the hell up" Cleo gets up and JJ's eyes wander to the plane, so he gets up and helps Rosa up. JJ walks over to John B "Oh shit" he shakes him lightly "Johnny, wake up. Get up." 

Rosa runs to the ocean and looks at the plane in disbelief as her body tingles and a smile forms on her lips. The thought of seeing Sam and her dad again brings her enormous joy. 

"Come on S" Rosa happily shouts to her best friend, who is standing rooted to the spot by the campfire. John B looks at the plane with tears in his eyes and smiles broadly, "Hey!" He waves with both hands, "Hey, we're over here! Over here! Hey!" Sarah jogs over to Rosa and John B who are waving at the plane. "We're right here!" Rosa shouts as loud as she can, JJ looks at his girlfriend but unlike her, he's not nearly as happy. 

"Come on. Come on, come on, come on" John B looks nervously after the plane and Rosa gulps as the plane turns and flies in the other direction "No! It's leaving. It's leaving! John B!" she looks at him in panic before they both shout "Hey!" Kie also runs to the ocean and waves "Hey!" she now shouts too. 

"Over here! Hey! We're over here!" John B shouts loudly and Rosa simply screams at the top of her lungs in the hope that the teenagers can somehow be heard. She looks at JJ. He immediately returns the look, and Rosa notices that he's not happy at all. 

The five of them stare after the plane, and Rosa drops onto her butt in the sand in despair. She angrily pounds her fist into the sand and then buries her face in her hands. She would do anything to see Sam and Gabriel again and to be able to hold her family in her arms. 

"He sees us" Rosa immediately looks up at Kie's words and stands up when she sees the plane coming back. "Guys, guys, he sees us" Kie nudges John B who nods "He's gonna go to the pond. Come on, come on" he first looks at Sarah and then pulls Rosa up by her arms "Come on! Sam and Gabriel are waiting for you" he smiles at her and Rosa nods immediately "Yes..." she turns to JJ and holds out her hand to him, he falters for a moment but then takes her hand and runs with the others to the pond where the plane is landing.

JJ and Rosa stop a little further back and look at the plane, Rosa looks at JJ, who only looks critically at the plane and then takes her hand "Come on" with the words he goes to the others.

Pope grins "Whoo!" The door of the plane opens as John B and Sarah go first, "Hey!" John B shouts and Pope laughs happily. 

"We did it!" Cleo yells and Rosa looks at JJ "You okay baby?" He just nods and walks on. Pope grins out of breath, "Oh man."