Chapter 27

„John B!" Rosa screams while she runs in the chateau, Big John looks at her from the kitchen „You okay?" he walks over to her and hugs the 15 year old girl

„John B!" Rosa screams while she runs in the chateau, Big John looks at her from the kitchen „You okay?" he walks over to her and hugs the 15 year old girl. Rosa smiles slightly „Yes, where is your son?" Big John laughs slightly „Outside on the hammock." Rosa smiles at him „Thank you" she walks outside and looks at her best friend, who lays in the hammock with his eyes closed. She quickly walks over to him and taps his shoulder causing him to open her eyes „Hey" he just says as it's normal that they see each other literally everyday. „Scoot over" she says while she climbs onto the hammock with him. John B scoots over and wraps one arm around her. Rosa grins „I had my first time with Rafe" she says excitedly causing John B to open his eyes again „For real?" Rosa nods „Yeah, last night." John B slowly nods „How was it?" Rosa grins at him „Good.. I think? I don't know it was the first time I ever had sex. How am I supposed to know if it was good?" John B laughs „Yeah and I thought that you were gonna save yourself for marriage." Rosa looks at him and laughs at that „How about, you do it?" John B grins and pushes her off the hammock.

Rosa sits behind Pope and JJ on the hammock and shakes her head while all seven stare at the burned down house. All the memories, all the conversations, all the laughs and all the tears burned with that house. Rosa slowly places her hand on John B's shoulder and squeezes it slightly to show him that he's not alone.

„Could've been a faulty electrical wire" Pope tries to explain the situation, Kie shakes her head at that „Place was all wood" she says while a beam falls down into the rubble and ashes „A tinderbox" she continues.

„Thing just went up" Cleo says „Boom."

Rosa sighs and looks over at JJ as he starts speaking "Verdict's in, bro. Whoever's up there" he looks at JB and shakes his head „does not like you." Sarah lifts her head, that was resting on John B's shoulder, to glare at JJ, who puts his hand on John B's shoulder „Sorry" he exhales while Rosa gets up from the hammock and sits down between John B and JJ.

John B looks at his best friend, who strokes his arm slightly but stare at the burned down house. JJ drinks the last sip from his bottle of beer before he throws it onto the burned wood. John B exhales and rests his forehead on his arms.

Rosa looks over at JJ and carefully rubs over his forehead which is full of soot „You have soot all over your face, baby" she says calmly, JJ looks at her „Just like you do" he slowly pulls her into his arm and kisses her head while Rosa closes her eyes.

It's crazy how this boy manages to make every situation bearable for Rosa. Just his smell or his body heat make her feel safe and strong. As if she could fight the whole world with him. When he holds her, she knows that nothing will happen to her. When he looks at her, she knows that she is the most beautiful woman in the world in his eyes. When he smiles at her, she knows that his smile is truly sincere. When he cries in front of her, it shows her how much he trusts her. No man has ever triggered these feelings in her that he can trigger in her. And no one has ever given her as much honest and pure love as he does on a daily basis. JJ is the man who manages to light up her whole world.