Chapter 12

"Yeah, so I just have a couple of questions," says JJ as he unties the rope from the boat at the jetty, Kie grins to herself "Go ahead

"Yeah, so I just have a couple of questions," says JJ as he unties the rope from the boat at the jetty, Kie grins to herself "Go ahead."

"A Lagoon 620," he says and unties the second rope while Kie laughs, "with twin 150 Volvos" JJ continues, "You understand we can go anywhere with this thing, right?" Kie nods. "I know, kind of a piece of shit," she says while smiling, and JJ looks at her. "Way to be discreet, by the way. What did they want anyway? They didn't hurt you, did they?"

"No. No, I'm good. It just..." she stops for a moment while JJ throws the rope onto the boat. "I mean, you're not gonna guess what Singh wanted from me. Denmark's Diary." JJ furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "Why?" Kie shrugs her shoulders "I don't know. Said it leads to a treasure that's a lot bigger than the Merchant." JJ climbs onto the boat "You're saying there's a bigger treasure? Then, sign me up," grins JJ, which makes Kie laugh and follow him into the boat.

"Come on, guys! We gotta go!" Cleo shouts while John B, Sarah and Rosa are at the steering wheel on the second floor of the boat. Sarah and John B tie two ropes around two posts "She's right. We gotta hurry" says Sarah and Rosa sits down on the chair in front of the steering wheel.

John B and she both look up at the church at the same time as the bells toll. He turns briefly to his best friend, who returns his gaze, so he looks at Sarah "Okay, you definitely heard that, right?" Sarah stays quiet for a moment and listens to the bells before nodding, "Yeah, I do now."

"That's exactly what my dad would do to call me home," says John B almost frustrated, as Sarah walks over to Rosa, JB turns to her "Sarah, that... that pattern, those bells." The three of them look towards the church. "The ding, ding, ding, ding" John B imitates the bell, which is why Sarah only nods uncertainly, which John B notices, "Sarah, that... that's him calling me home."

"I know, it... Yeah..." she stutters, not knowing what to say to that "It... That's... It's really weird," she looks him in the eyes "But it's not him." John B looks at her with wide eyes "Okay, how do you know that?" Sarah looks at the floor "You know why." John B immediately shakes his head and takes her hands. "No, no, no, no..." Sarah looks at him "I'm sorry." John B immediately interrupts her "No, no, listen. Maybe you get beaten enough, you aren't able to see the miracle in front of you. I mean, that's exactly how he used to call me home."

Sarah looks helplessly at Rosa, who slowly stands up "John B" she says, which is why John B immediately looks at her and shakes his head. Rosa sighs softly, "Maybe it's just a melody your father once heard and copied it to call you home... you don't know if it's a typical church bell melody" she tries to convince him somehow "It can't be him."

"But maybe it is him" John B looks first at Rosa and then at Sarah "Maybe the universe is trying to give me a gift, and..." he speaks quickly, Sarah nods, "Okay." John B falls silent for a moment and looks at his girlfriend in confusion. "What?"