Chapter 7

Kie lies on the bed in her red satin dress and stares at the ceiling while Rafe chews on his lower lip and hesitates, exhaling deeply, "Hey Kiara, can I ask you something?"  

Kie rolls her eyes, "No." Rafe sighs and leans against the dresser as he looks at her, "You know Rosa one of the best of anyone by now... has she ever talked about me?" Kie furrows her eyebrows in confusion and sits up, looking at him, "If you mean how much she hates you, then yes." Rafe bites the inside of his cheek and looks away for a moment, "She never said anything positive?" Kie sighs, "You know Rosa and I didn't have any contact when you were together, right? At least 11 months of it, and those last few months when she and I were friends, she was only happy when she didn't have to see you."  

Rafe's gaze turns to her, "She was never happy with me?"  

"I don't know, I mean, she said that the first six months were like a fairy tale and that you gave her everything she wanted and more. And then at some point everything changed. She never told me many details, but when I think of you trying to choke her and drown her, I can imagine what she went through. I know what it's like to have her attention, and that attention feels like the best thing in the world. Believe me, I know that indescribable feeling when she smiles at you or when everyone suddenly wants to be friends with you because you are friends with Rosa. And I also know how bad it is when that attention is suddenly no longer there, and how she could kill you with her looks alone. I know those feelings as well as you do Rafe, and so I can understand why it's hard for you to forget her, but please forget her. She is happy with JJ. Let her have that happiness and find your happiness with someone else." 

Rafe looks down at the floor and shakes his head, "I've changed, Kiara, I really have. I've become a better person for her so that she and I can finally get back together. I..." he swallows, "I can't live without that girl, do you understand that? I love her more than anything, and I need her. You know that feeling when you desperately need someone and you know you can't have them? Then you try everything so that this person finally sees you again and realizes that they need you too..." 

Kiara looks down at her hands at the words and nods slowly, knowing exactly what he means, because that's how she feels about JJ. Even if she would never admit it. 

"If I see Rosa one more time in my life, I'll tell her all this and show her that I've changed for her and that everything I've ever done to her were my biggest mistakes... I just need to see her one more time to be able to tell her these things..."