Chapter 29

Rosa gets off the plane after her friends and looks at the armed soldiers scattered around the airfield

Rosa gets off the plane after her friends and looks at the armed soldiers scattered around the airfield. "I told you, it's the Wild West out here," says Cleo, causing Rosa to sigh and take off her white sweatshirt jacket.

Just as the teenagers walk away from the plane, Ward's voice rings out behind them, "Sarah!" Sarah immediately turns around and watches him get off the plane "Dad, what are you doing?" He looks at her "I'm coming." Sarah stops and looks at him seriously "No, you're not. You got us here like you said you would. Now go on to Guadeloupe." Ward furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head "You're in over your head."

"You need a doctor," she says at the same time as Ward, "Let me help, please." Sarah shakes her head "No!" she says a little louder "Get back in the plane. You promised you weren't a part of this. No." The teenagers all look at Ward, who is quiet for a moment and looks at the floor "Okay."

Sarah turns to John B "Let's get the hell out of here" she says quietly as she walks past him. Rosa and John B look at Ward for a moment before slowly following Sarah.

Rosa looks out the window of the cab at all the Latinos dancing and firing rockets

Rosa looks out the window of the cab at all the Latinos dancing and firing rockets. She starts to smile slightly as she hears the Latin music and the crowd cheering. The cab driver honks as he drives past the people and stops in the middle of the city. 

Pope gets out as he exhales and looks around, slightly overwhelmed, as does John B. Sarah also gets out and looks at the cab driver "Thank you" she smiles sweetly while the cab driver just looks confused, which makes Rosa smile "Gracias" she nods to him and gets out with Cleo.

"There's a lot going on" Pope looks at all the celebrating people while Cleo turns to the others "Looks like it's a local holiday" the four of them look questioningly at Rosa, who shrugs her shoulders "I don't know what they're celebrating."

"So we got to assume that Singh's already gone upriver" explains John B while Rosa moves her hips back and forth a little to the Latin music, which is why John B looks at her seriously "Stop dancing and concentrate!" Rosa looks at him and raises her hands slightly as she stops dancing. "We're looking for a guy named Jose. He's gonna take us to the dig site" John B continues, Pope looks at the floor confused "Jose. Do you have a last name or..." John B looks at him "I do not have a last name."