Chapter 33

„Stop!" Rosa laughs while she runs away from Rafe, who is chasing her on the football field

„Stop!" Rosa laughs while she runs away from Rafe, who is chasing her on the football field. He wraps his arms around her waist and lifts her up before he spins her around and grins. Rosa holds onto his hands and laughs „Baby, stop!" Rafe grins „Say it." Rosa just laughs causing Rafe to spin her faster „Okay! Okay!" she laughs „You were right!" Rafe slowly stops and looks at her with a wide grin on his lips. He leans down and places his lips on hers causing Rosa to return the kiss and place her hands on his neck. Right when Rafe pulls her closer, the football field law sprinklers start, Rosa pulls away from him and squeals before they both start to laugh.

Rosa looks up at the ceiling of the cave as a drop of water lands on her face, she furrows her eyebrows slightly and wipes her face, which is full of dust and dirt, with the palm of her hand.

John B and Sarah stare down the next cliff while John B tries to illuminate it somehow with the flare "What's down there? I can't see anything." Rosa looks at him as he starts talking but before she says anything Sarah shrugs her shoulders "Only one way to find out, right?" John B nods slightly then throws the flare away with a groan, Rosa swallows and looks after the flare, her eyes grow wide as the cave lights up and tons of gold glows.

John B chuckles softly "We... we did it" he swallows "We found it. Look at that, Dad." Sarah shakes her head and laughs in disbelief "I can't..." John B looks at the two girls "It's El Dorado." Sarah stares at the gold with a wide smile "I can't bel... " she takes a deep breath and laughs, John B pulls her into his arms first "Sarah..." he puts his other arm around Rosa and pulls her into the embrace too.

"After everything we've been through" Sarah sniffles "It actually exists" she laughs, moved, as does John B. "I told you" Sarah looks at him seriously while Rosa slowly releases herself from the embrace. "You were right" John B looks at his girlfriend and caresses her cheek "You were right" the two look back at the gold "You see all that on the ground? That's loose gold, Sarah." Sarah stares open-mouthed at the gold "Oh my God, it's everywhere." John B looks at her "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Sarah nods "Mm-hmm. Let's go. Mm-hmm." John B pants "Yeah."

Rosa puts on her backpack and takes a deep breath as she watches John B climb down the cliff "Be careful" she looks at him seriously. Sarah slowly follows him, as does Rosa. "Oh my God. It's everywhere" John B says as he reaches the bottom and stares at the gold, Sarah laughs excitedly and slowly picks up a gold nugget with John B watching her "Sarah, you got it?"

Sarah grunts "Ooh, okay" she picks up the gold nugget and stares at it, John B and Rosa also pick up some gold. John B gasps "Hey, to going full Kook?" he looks at Sarah first who immediately nods "Full Kook" they both look over at Rosa as she is technically the only Kook in this cave as Sarah is basically homeless. Rosa looks at the two for a moment before rolling her eyes "To going full Kook!" she shouts before the three laugh. John B grins broadly "To going full Kook!" he shouts loudly "Oh my..." Sarah and Rosa look at him and laugh.