Chapter 22

John B is the first to quietly climb onto the boat followed by JJ

John B is the first to quietly climb onto the boat followed by JJ. John B turns towards him „JJ, keep it down" he whispers while Rosa climbs up the boat, JJ stares at him without making a noise and takes Rosa's hand as soon as she's on the boat.

The two slowly walk to the left side of the door while John B takes the right side and holds his hand over the stove, he looks over at the couple „The stove's warm. He's still here" he whispers causing Rosa and JJ to look around confused. John B walks a few steps away and also looks into the distance.

JJ looks at him „Maybe he split when he heard us coming." Just as he finishes that sentence Neville jumps down from the roof of the houseboat and screams at the teens „Devils!" he tries to hit the three of them with a machete. Rosa staggers backwards because he missed her stomach by just a few millimeters. JJ immediately tries to grab him causing Neville to wipe the machete towards JJ, causing him to groan and slam against the wall as he evaded and Neville hit him with his fist right in JJ's face.

„Sir! Listen! Neville! We just wanna talk" John B tries to calm him down but Neville tries to hit him with his machete causing Rosa to grab his arm and hold it with all her strength so he can't hit him. John B tries to push Neville off of him.

„John B! Trip line! Trip line!" JJ screams while he sits on the floor and watches his best friend struggling to get Neville off him. John B starts to run towards JJ with Neville which is why they trip over JJ's leg with a scream before they land on the floor.  Neville immediately gets on top of John B and lifts his machete.

„No, no, no. No. No." John B looks at him pleadingly while JJ runs over to the two and wraps his arm around Neville's neck „Let him go!" Rosa watches the boys overwhelmed and just stays out of this.

„Stop, stop! We know Professor Sowell" John B looks at Neville, who stares at John B while JJ still has his arm wrapped around his neck. „Who gave you that name?!" Neville looks at him scared. JJ holds him tighter „Let it go, Dude!"

„Listen to me, we're friends, okay?" John B says filled with panic. „Hey!" Neville screams as JJ grabs the machete and tries to get it out of his hand. Rosa looks at her boyfriend, who's face is filled with effort.

„You were in Orinoco last year! With five other people right?" John B screams while Rosa walks over to the boys. „How did you know that?" Neville asks scared and JJ still tries to get the machete out of his hand „Let go, let go" John B looks at him and JJ nods „Let it go!" Rosa groans angrily and grabs a knife before she slightly cuts Neville's arm, that holds the machete. Neville groans and immediately let's go of the machete. John B looks at her with wide eyes while Neville holds his palm over the cut.

JJ takes the machete and stands up while he looks at Rosa „Baby, what-" She sighs „It's not deep. It's a little cut 'cause he wasn't listening! Descerebrado." JJ just shakes his head slightly before he grabs Neville by his shirt and pulls him up. He presses him against the counter and points the machete against his neck „We're on the same team, home dog, okay?" Neville stares at him „She just cut me!" Rosa looks at him „You tried to kill my best friend!"