Chapter 32

"Okay, guys, I think this is El Tesoro," says Kie as the four of them head towards the small harbor, "The trailhead to the mountain is supposed to start here

"Okay, guys, I think this is El Tesoro," says Kie as the four of them head towards the small harbor, "The trailhead to the mountain is supposed to start here." JJ turns and looks at the harbor before inhaling in annoyance "Oh shit. That's one of Singh's guys. What are we gonna do?" he looks at Pope, who looks nervously at Singh's guard. JJ continues to look at Pope "We gotta get past them somehow" he looks down for a moment, he pulls a red lip liner from Rosa out of his pocket, causing Pope to look at him confused "Why the hell do you have lipstick with you?"

JJ doesn't look at him and tears a piece of paper out of a notebook "It's not lipstick, it's Rosa's lip liner" he lectures him, as Rosa had recently lectured JJ when the two of them went out to eat together and she applied the lip liner before JJ put it in his pocket for her.

He writes something on the note and skewers it on the hook of the fishing rod "Okay, stop the boat here on the left, we'll run over and shoot some fireworks at him so he thinks they're being shot at." Cleo looks at him for a moment and nods slowly "Not a bad idea." Pope looks at Cleo uncertainly before he stops the boat on the bank to the left and the four of them climb off the boat. They sneak into a small fisherman's cottage just off the harbor.

JJ looks at Kie and Cleo who are standing in the house looking out the window at Singh's guard who is lying in a boat with his eyes closed, Kie turns to JJ and nods which is why he casts the fishing line so the note lands right in front of Fenton, Singh's guard. Fenton sits up confused and grabs the note ""In five seconds, you will hear a gunshot. That's your warning."" he reads out, but before he can read the next sentence, Cleo fires the first firework, causing Fenton to yelp "Miguel!" he shouts in panic as he looks around "They're shooting at us!" Miguel looks at him "Where are they?" he shouts as he crouches down, Fenton looks around "I don't see them."

"Is he buying it?" JJ looks questioningly at the two girls as only they can see the two guards, Kie turns to the boys and nods immediately, which is why Pope lights the next firework and throws it in Fenton's direction. The firework lands in the water behind him before a loud bang sounds, Fenton yelps and immediately lies down in the boat to take cover "shit, we're surrounded!" he shouts before pulling out his gun. Kie stares at him with wide eyes "Oh shit. Oh shit. Get down!" she says as she and Cleo move away from the windows. Fenton shoots into the water, causing Pope and JJ to duck as well, JJ looks to Pope "Pope, return fire! Return fire!" Pope immediately renders another firecracker and throws them one by one in Fenton's direction.

"There's too many of them!" Miguel shouts as Fenton starts the engine of the boat "Let's get out of here! Go!" he shouts to Miguel, who quickly runs to him and jumps into the boat before the two of them quickly set off. 

"Come on, get them" Pope looks at JJ who is now also throwing fireworks at the two, Fenton looks at Miguel "Go faster. Faster!" the teenagers hear him say before the two disappear with the boat. "Bye-bye" Pope grins proudly at JJ, who also grins "Think we're getting better at this." Pope nods immediately and does the Pogue handshake with him "Oh yeah." Cleo comes out of the small house "Hey, hey. Ain't no time for celebrating. We didn't do nothing yet" she looks at the two boys before walking off between them, Kie immediately follows her and nods "That's fair." JJ looks after them both before looking back at Pope and smirking "I thought we did something" he says proudly, to which Pope immediately replies "We did." JJ grins and pats Pope's back "Well-done, soldier" the two follow the two girls proudly.