Chapter 7 - My new home

I went home after the international break the happiest ive ever been its been three weeks and me and Leah are going so well we've been on a few dates and spend as much time as we can together its been a dream. Today I have a meeting with my manager to discuss my new club. As I walk into the office I text Leah to tell her and let her know I'll be away from my phone she wishes me luck and shes she misses me. I miss her too even though I only saw her two days ago, it's weird how much she consumes my thoughts but also the best feeling ever.

I sit down and say hello to my agent Joey he says. 'So my superstar should we get started' I nod at him with a smile he continues 'so we have a lot of great offers from great clubs but ill only tell you the best ones so for abroad Barcelona are offering you a 4 year contract with a salary of 1000 pounds a week which is a great wage for you and it's a great club but I'm gonna give you all of the options. Next we have Manchester United same wage but a 3 year deal with an option to extend at any point. Then there's Chelsea they want you on a 5 year contract but only 700 pounds a week and finally I'm sure this is the one you've been waiting for Arsenal.' I breathed a sigh of relief this is what ive worked so hard for and if I take this ill be with Leah all the time. 'They're offering you a 6 year contract with and option to extend at 1300 a week. If you want to take some time to consider your options you can' I cut him off  'no need Joey I choose arsenal.' He looks at me and laughs he knew that was coming its all ive ever wanted after all. 'Okay Jayde he says ill let them know and they'll be in contact shortly to arrange signing your contract.' 'Thanks Joey' I say, shake his hand and leave the office I'm so excited to tell Leah but I wanna see her in person so I call her, she picks up straight away 'hello my love I say' 'I've missed the sound of your voice' she replies back 'so how did it go?' she asks 'Did you get what you wanted?' I smile to myself 'I'm gonna tell you all about it tonight over dinner my place?' I ask 'I would love to baby' she replies I didn't think I could love her more and then she goes and says that. 'I'll come and pick you up at 6 my love I cannot wait to see you' I cant help but smile when she says 'me either baby drive safe ill see you later.' And with that we hang up the phone and I get in the car.

On my way home I stop and the florist and pick up Leah a bouquet of white roses and a bunch of red rose petals when I get home I start prepping for dinner I got a selection of things but ended up cooking carbonara as I know Leah loves it. Tonight isn't just going to be about telling leah about arsenal I'm also going to ask her to be my girlfriend. Once I set up the table in the dining room I shut the door and go through the to living room where I set up a heart on the floor of rose petals and then turn the light off and shut the door leah wont see this until after dinner. As the rooms are in separate parts of the house.

Now I need to get ready I text Leah saying dress smart so she knows as I don't want her to worry about being under dressed and I start to get ready myself. I decide to wear black suit trousers a shirt paired with a brown belt and brown smart shoes. I undo the top few buttons of my shirt and put my chain on amd then spray my favourite aftershave, I've always preferred it to perfume, and I'm finally ready. I go downstairs grab the roses and jump in the car to pick up Leah.

On the drive over I'm terrified I love Leah and she loves me too but what if. I stop myself I cant think like that. I pull up to Leah's house and grab the roses. I walk up to the door and knock, when she opens the door I'm gobsmacked 'w. W. Wow leah' I stutter 'every time I see you you just look more and more beautiful' she blushes and smiles at me 'these are for you I know you love white roses so I wanted to get you some. 'Thank you JJ' She beams at me and takes the roses placing them in a vase inside I take her hand and walk her to the car opening the door for her. 'Wow you're being a proper gentlewomen tonight' she says giving me a kiss. 'Only the best for my love' I say.

The journey to my house we hold hand the entire way whilst I giggle at Leah singing along to the country playlist I made her. We walk into the house and I guide her straight to the dining room steering well clear of the living room and pull out her seat for her. The whole room is kitted out with candles and rose pettles on the table. She looks up at me and says 'what's all this for?' I lean down and kiss her softly 'I just want to treat my beautiful girl is that okay?' She pulls me down into a really passionate kiss I have to pull away and see 'Le I love this but lets eat first okay' she nods and I peck her lips again.

After I serve dinner I sit down and begin talking 'so baby I've gotta tell you about the club offers I got and see what you think I should do?' She looks at me and says 'okay tell me'. 'So I got offers from united and Chelsea but I don't want to go there.' She laughs and says 'that's my girl' I laugh at her again she really is arsenal through and through. 'And then there's Barcelona.' At this moment I can see her heart just drop and it kills me but it'll be worth it when I finally reveal that ive already agreed to go to arsenal. I continue 'which would be really great for my career and id be with Keira and Lucy but I'm torn.' She looks at me with an inherent sadness in her eyes and says 'baby you do what you've got to do ill support you no matter what.' This is when I know I made the right decision. 'There was one more club that made an offer.' She is looking so deeply into my eyes right now I have to stop myself from spoiling the news. 'It's a really good club that is successful would be great for me and has amazing players and its close to home so id be able to spend time with you still.' I see her heart sink a little bit as she starts to think its not arsenal. 'I already made the decision to sign with them because I couldn't stand the idea of leaving you'. A small smile behinds to grow on her face 'okay babe tell me please you're killing me with all this suspense.' I laugh at her knowing that what I'm about to say is going to make us both so happy. 'Well baby... I'm officially gonna be a gunner' I honestly don't think I've ever seen her move so fast ass she jumps up and runs to sit on my lap. She pulls me into a beautiful  and loving kiss and then says 'I'm so happy for you and for us were gonna have the best time.' ' I know baby' I say and grab both our wines 'here's to my new home.'