Chapter 26 - Steps to recovery

It has now been four months since my injury and I am finally at a stage where I can start running again. Not on grass don't get excited, im going to be running on the anti gravity treadmill. I am so excited, if there is one thing I have missed whilst being injured, other than football obviously, its been running. I just feel like when I am running that there's nothing else going on in the world its like I finally get this peace. My other peace is obviously being with leah, when im with her its like nothing else matters, just me and her.

So todays the day, when I wake up I immediately have this smile on my face. I am finally able to walk again properly without crutches, I know for leah especially its made things easier for her and its put her mind at rest a bit more. She finally doesn't make a massive fuss leaving the house, she still makes a fuss just not one as big anymore. I look at leah and she is still sleeping, her face is so peacefully beautiful I cant help but smile at her. I kiss her forehead and she stirs, 'good morning beautiful, weve got to get up now weve got training.' I say resting my head on hers. 'Nooo five more minutes' she groans moving her face into the crook of my neck. 'Baby, you know that I would love nothing more than to just stay here like this with you forever. But im running today so I kinda need to go to training.' She kisses my neck making me shiver and says 'Mmmm that's right you're going to start running again, which means I get to stare at your ass.' She starts kissing my neck again, I have shivers running up and down my back. I let out a small moan 'okay baby, I looovee this and I love you but we've gotta go.' She sits up and kisses me on the lips. 'Okay fine' she grunts at me. 'If you do well today ill fuck you later.' I pull her back down to me kissing her again and say 'hmmm I like the sound of that.'

I get into my arsenal training kit and leah gets into hers, we get in the car and I get in the drivers seat, because im back to being the designated driver now. I open leahs door for her first and then take my seat, I rest my hand on her thigh and she grabs hold of my hand. We set off on our journey to London colney, things are starting to get back to normal and I couldn't be happier.

Once we get to the training ground leah goes off to do the team training session and I head to the physio room for my check up before we do any sort of strength testing. 'Good morning physios.' I shout strutting into the room. Emma laughs and says 'good morning Jayde, are you ready to get started?' 'Let's get it done.' I reply with a smile beaming on my face. We get set up on one of the physio tables and emma starts doing strength tests on my knee, moving it in different directions pushing pulling just testing basically to see if any type of movement caused any pain. We then walk up to the gym and do some weighted strength tests, we do single legged leg press to compare my left knee from my right and compare the strength now from when we did this for the first time after the surgery. We also did some weighted squats, single legged squats, squat jumps and a bunch of other stuff. As beth had picked up a minor injury, nothing to serious just an ankle sprain, she was able to come to the gym to watch me and was there for the first run.

I was extremely excited but also very nervous to start running, I hadnt run in a long time and was also upset that leah couldn't be here for it. They got me ready to go in the machine but beth had disappeared, I asked emma if we could wait a few minutes for beth to come back. I wanted her to film it so leah could watch the video later, but when beth came back she was talking to someone on the phone, I couldn't see who it was until I heard that laugh and beth turned the phone, leahs face was beaming back at me 'hey baby, im so proud of you Jonas is giving us a half an hour break so im coming now.' I could see her literally running through corridors whilst being on the phone still and then she burst through the door. 'Hi baby' I said giggling. She ran over and gave me a peck on the lips. I looked over at emma and said 'let's get started'. Emma set everything up and we were ready to go 'Okay Jayde whenever you're ready you can start jogging.' With the biggest smile on my face and the best support around me I started jogging. Leah was crying and filming it and beth was FaceTiming katie with all of the girls, when they answered beth turned the camera around and there was tonnes of cheers from all of the girls and shouts of things like 'that's our keeper' and 'lets go Jayde.' I can't help but laugh whilst im running. It was the best feeling ever, running again and having leah and beth right beside me while I was doing it.

A/N this is a shorter chapter sorry hopefully ill be able to put out a couple chapters later today when i get in from work