Chapter 28 - Wedding Plans Finalised

The next day Leah and I have the day off so we decide to go and see all three cathedrals I arranged to book. I spoke to Jake again this morning when Leah was outside with Arlo and he's sent me over a few designs of the outfits I asked him for I thank him for all of them and we arrange to meet next week once he's made all of the options I thank him and hang up and then phone beth. Beth agrees to come with me to look at the outfits and so has my mum. Leah goes upstairs to get ready and then we set off firstly to Guildford as it's the closest.

I drive obviously as Leah prefers being a passenger princess, and we just chat between us on the way there. Once were there we meet one of the priests who shows us around and talks us through the pricing and a few other things we take some photos and thank him for his time setting off to go to Milton Keynes. We took the photos so we can compare them later and make our decision however knowing me and Leah we wont even need them as well probably leave one feeling in love.

Once we arrive in Milton Keynes we meet up with Leah's mum and dad and have some lunch. 'So hows the wedding planning?' Amanda asks us leah looks at me and then says 'yeah we're excited we've decided on a date and then obviously today were looking at the cathedrals to decide, we want a bigger one so we wont have to worry about the amount of people we invite.' Amanda nods and says 'have you seen one you like yet?'. I respond 'well I don't know if Leah thinks the same but I don't think the one in Guildford, as much as its quite big, I'm just not sure it's the right one for us, I just didn't really fall in love with it to be honest.' Leah nods and says 'I completely agree, hopefully either the one here or in Portsmouth will be a perfect fit for us. Although I'm slightly leaning more to Portsmouth as it's a smaller area, easier for jaydes family to get too and were less likely to be spotted there. Also Jaydes nans pub is there and has already offered to host our rehearsal dinner there if we do decide on Portsmouth.' I look over at her confused 'when did you speak to my nan?'. 'The other day, you were in the shower, I was just looking into our options as I know you're other nan isn't easily mobile and it would just be easier if we went to Portsmouth.' I hold her hand and say 'I love you so much, but you know my family would quite happily go anywhere we decide. We could decide to go to Greece and my nan would still find a way to be there.' She smiles at me and says 'I know baby, I just want this today to be special for us and I'm more than happy to go anywhere.'

Leah and I say goodbye to Leah's parents and we head off to the cathedral, we decided to go just the two of us as we want to make sure the decisions is ours and ours alone without any outside opinions, not that her parents would have an opinion but we just didn't want to be swayed. Once again we meet up with one of the priests who showed us around and explained things to us including the pricing, I am very good at saving money so that's not a worry for us, we have more than enough money between my savings and Leah's savings to pay for our perfect wedding. Leah takes a few photos and we head off to Portsmouth for the final cathedral. In the car Leah asks 'what did you think?' I reply 'it was beautiful le what about you? Did you like it?' She looks over at me and says 'I did like it I'm just I'm not sure.' I move my hand off of her thigh to get her hand 'you can talk to me baby what's up?'. She turns her phone off and says 'well I juat didn't have that feeling you know? That feeling where you find the perfect thing. I had that feeling when I met you and when I started at arsenal but I didn't have it then so I'm just not sure it's the right one for us.' I smile at her and say 'I know what you mean baby and that's okay, we've still got one more to go and if you don't like this once we can keep looking okay?' She nodded and laid her head back on her seat. 'Baby if you want to go for a nap you can, we're about half an hour away I'll wake you when we get there.' She looks over at me and says 'are you sure?' I nod and say 'yes baby go to sleep.'

Leah naps for the rest of the journey were there I park up and wake Leah 'baby were here.' I say to her. She wakes up smiling and gives me a kiss. 'Let's go and have a look then shall we.' She says and we both get out of the car heading inside. We meet up with one of the priests and he shows us around I can already see by Leah's face that she's made her mind up, she's been smiling from ear to ear the entire time we've been here. Leah doesn't even bother taking photos which again just shows me she's made her mind up, the priests gives us some information and we leave to make our way over to my parents house, which is about a twenty five minute drive from the cathedral. In the car I turn to Leah and say 'so what did you think?' she beams over at me obviously waiting for that question. 'Babe I loved it, its perfect, the aisle is perfect the decoration is perfect its in a beautiful location.' I laugh and say 'wow you loved it so much your rambling.' She smiled and says 'don't laugh I cant help it you know how I get when I'm excited.' 'Ill call the priest tomorrow and book in our date.' She look over at me and says 'really? Are you sure?'. 'Of course le, you loved it I loved it ill book it in tomorrow.'