Chapter 15 - The Proposal

Today is the day I'm going to ask Leah to marry me. Beth and viv are at St George's Park seething everything up they laying a a carpet of rose petals leading up to an archway filled with white rose and a love heart on the floor made out of rose petals whilst I'm spending my anniversary with Leah we're going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant and then I'm taking her to St George's Park for the proposal beth, viv, Amanda and David will all be hiding waiting for the moment filming and taking photos so we can cherish this moment for the rest of our lives.

I wake up cuddled into Leah and just look at how precious she is. Im so lucky and grateful to be with someone as amazing as her. I press a light kiss to her forehead as she wakes up. 'Good morning baby happy anniversary.' I say, she kisses my lips and smiles. 'I love you baby happy anniversary, so what have we got planned for today?' She asks. I shift to look at her and say 'well baby were gonna spend today just the two of us, then I'm taking you out to a fancy dinner and I've got a surprise for you after dinner.' 'Ooh' leah says 'and what do I need to wear for this dinner and surprise.' 'Wear your fanciest outfit baby were going all out for tonight.'

After our chat I made leah breakfast in bed and that's where we spent most of our day. Eventually it got to the evening and we needed to start getting ready, I decided to wear my black suit, without the tie, and my shirt with the top buttons undone I also put my chain on and sprayed my aftershave as I know leah loves the smell of it. I walked downstairs to the living room and got the flowers out that I bought for leah, white roses her favourite, 'Leah my love' I shouted up the stairs, 'are you ready?'. I look at the top of the stairs and leah walks down in the most beautiful sequined dress I've ever seen. My jaw hits the floor, she looks breathtaking. I can't believe she's gonna be my fiancé. 'Leah wow. I . You look stunning. I .wow. These are for you my love.' I kissed her and gave her the flowers. 'Thank you baby' she said and walked to the kitchen to put the flowers in her vase. 'I could rip this dress off you right now' I say looking at Leah with a smirk. I move forward positioning myself between her legs as she's leaning on the counter and start kissing her neck. 'Babe.' Leah stutters 'we have to go to the restaurant.' She giggles as I move up and peck her lips. 'I know but you look so damn hot.' I say between kisses.

We hear a beep from outside to tell us the taxis here, I check my pocket one last time to make sure I have the ring and then I grab Leah's hand and head off to the restaurant. Dinner is as amazing as I knew it would be. I cant help but stare at Leah when I get a text from beth saying everything's ready and I know it's now or never.

I settle our bill and take Leah's hand we get into another taxi and head to St George's park, when we get closer I say to Leah 'do you trust me?' She says 'always baby' 'I need you to close your eyes I've got you but I don't want to ruin the surprise.' She does as I say and we arrive. I get out of the car and go around got help Leah out. We begin walking and we reach the start of the rose petals. I turn to her and give her a kiss and say 'you can open your eyes now baby.' She opens her eyes, looks around and goes 'baby whats all this?'. I take her hand and say 'just come with me'. I lead her towards the arch and position Leah and then myself and I take her hands. Right breathe you've got this.

'Leah I brought you here to the place we first met because I wanted to show you how far we've come. From the shy girl that fell for you the first time I looked in your eyes. To the girl standing here with you right now so madly in love with you. Leah you are everything to me. Without you I don't know where id be but I know that I would be nowhere near as happy as I am with you. You are my life, my world revolves around you. You make me the happiest I've ever been, I don't know what I did to deserve you but I'm so glad we had that argument in the rain that day. I'm so glad you took the risk and kissed me. I would not change anything about you or us or the journey that we went on to get to this moment. I love you so much Leah Williamson you are and always will be my forever.' Leah's crying at this point and so am I. I get down on one knee pull out the ring and say 'so Leah Cathrine Williamson, would you make me the happiest girl alive and do me the honour of marrying me?'

I've never been happier than I've been in this moment looking up at the girl I love. And she says 'Jayde YES of course I will marry you I love you so much'I stand up and pick Leah up kissing her. I spin her around and place her down putting the ring on her finger. She looks at it and says 'Jayde this is the most perfect ring ever how did you do this without me noticing?'. I shift my feet and say 'well you know that whole thing with beth.' She looks at me shocked. 'You I can't believe that and I thought you were cheating on me' I just giggle at her 'beth helped me choose the ring that's why we were texting and that's why I went out with her. Speaking of' I turned and yelled out 'you guys can come out now.' Leah looked at me and said 'what?' I kissed her cheek and said 'what you really thought I didn't have help?'.

The others came bounding over congratulating us. Amanda and David hugged Leah first whereas beth and Viv came over to me and then we swapped over. After a while of chatting I spoke 'thank you guys so much for your help but I think me and Leah need to go home and celebrate our engagement if you guys could send me the pictures and videos id really appreciate it.' After one more round of hugs and congratulations me and Leah get a taxi home and get ready for a wild night of celebrations.