Chapter 10:Officer Friendly

"Kiara?" Rick questioned his blue eyes wide in surprise. "Dad" Kiara pushed Andrea away as her father came to embrace her. a Loud sob was heard echoing through the room as the father and daughter duo reunited once again. "You have no idea how much I missed you" Rick claims voice breaking as tears lingers in his blue eyes. He no longer cares about his pride being hurt because of crying at the sight of his only daughter, the first thing his been able to clutch onto since the day he woke up. He pulls away and places a gentle kiss on her head. "Me too"

Kiara pulls away and comes to look at Andrea as the girl seemed to attract everyone attention once again. "We are all dead, because of this stupid asshole" Andrea stated in a panic state  as Kiara gaze hardened at the girl for insulting her father so bluntly. "I don't understand" Kiara comes to look at her disoriented father coming to a quick realization he knew little to nothing about the new world they lived in. She couldn't help but wonder where he was all this time.

"Look we came to the city to Scavage for supplies" Morales the elder Latino man started whilst pushing Rick towards a direction quite literally upsetting Kiara of the treatment her father was receiving.

"You know what the key to scavaging is? Surviving" Once again Morales pushes Rick agitating the Grimes girl. "Do you know what the key to surviving is? Sneaking in and out, tiptoeing" the group walks into the department store that Minho and Kiara previously Scavaged before the incident.

"Every geek from miles heard you, popping off rounds" T-Dog confirmed whilst Andrea stepped forward to the glass doors where a group of walkers despretaly tried to get in. "You just rang the dinner bell" Ilene was far too busy to snap at Andrea dramatics when she noticed one of the geeks trying to break the door with a stone. Like she said the thought of them doing more things than being mindless idiots scared her.

"Look I understand why all of you are so upset,but please do remember my father is human. Humans makes mistakes. So if you all please can stop treating my father like a crinimial and like a human being it would be much appreciated" Kiara stepped in stepping closer to her father not wanting her father to bare the fact alone that everyone in the room despised his presence.

"Well he might as well be one considering he will be responsible if we die" Kiara gaze hardens on Andrea as Ilene steps on."Let it be would you Andrea. We have better things to worry about" Rick then remembers what he saw that might of been the reason for all the trouble. "What about the helicopter I saw?" everyone including Kiara came to look at him as though Rick Grimes was a mental case. "You were hullicinating it happens" Jackie a beautiful dark skinned women added. Just then did another round of shots echo though the city making the groups heart sink into their stomach from the fear and anxiety.

"Is that Dixon?" Everyone seemingly ran upstairs whilst Rick made sure his daughter was with him at all times. He found one piece of his heart and he wasn't planning on losing his only daughter again.

Once the group got to the roof the scene of Merle Dixon shooting walkers up from the roof with his sniper rifle was seen Causing panic and anger Throughout the small group.

"Hey, Dixon are you crazy!?" Morales asked angered by the redneck's behaviour. "Hey. You ought to be more polite to a man with a gun. Only common sense" Merle added jumping of the ledge, whilst everyone's attention went to Minho who seemed to calmly sit on the edge with a bloody nose. "Why didn't you stop him?" Glenn questioned his younger brother as Minho pointed to his nose that seemed to be broken. Two people breaking their nose in a month how ironic, Kiara thought in amusement.

"Like you can see blind dipshit I tried to stop the asshole" T-Dog who seemingly had enough of the Dixon arrogance steps up. "Come on man, your wasting bullets we don't even got man. Now your bringing all of them down our passes and what's wrong with you to hit a kid" T-Dog stated mentioning to minho as well whilst Merle laughed at the darker skinned man. "It's bad enough that I have this taco bender on my ass. Now I have to take orders from you? That will be the day" the atmosphere grows tense as Rick nudges his daughter softly. "No I rather not mess with a Dixon. Let him be his a scumbag and quite rude" Rick nods deciding to listen to his daughters advise"But if things get out of hand listen to what your heart says dad"Rick smiles feeling like he could accomplish anything with his daughter by his side.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do you have something to tell me?" T-Dog asked clearly aware there is another meaning to those words that left Merle Dixon mouth. "Come on leave it T-Dog it isn't worth it" Minho stated coming to stand from where he sat. "Look Merle just calm down, OK?" Morales added but this only seemed to amused
the redneck even more and motivate him to taunt the group even more than before.

"I will tell you the day, Mr Yo.Its the day I take orders from a n*gger" Immediately T-Dog does what any other man would of done he tried to punch the lame excuse of man but the redneck much quicker landed a couple of brutal hits on the poor man known as T-Dog. Rick who seemingly could  not stand by and watch it all go down intervenes and tries to stop Merle from injuring T-Dog but gets a punch in return sending him stumbling. Kiara was immediately at her father side looking him over for any sort of major injuries that could be lethal.

"Dad, Are you okay?" Kiara questioned examining her father's busted lip. "I am fine" Kiara helps her father to his feet as she notices the rest of the group surrounded a very injured T-Dog whilst Merle tried to gain dominance of the group. Forcing them to vote that he should be the leader from now on.Ilene annoyed by the man doesn't bite her tongue and insults the man without blinking an eye"I rather eats nails then letting you be the boss of me you, piece of trash"Merle who doesn't seem pleased steps forward. "Do it Dad. Show him who his messing with" Rick looks at his daughter and nods. He goes to pick up Merle sniper rifle and hands it to his daughter that eyes him questionly."Lets show him together" Kiara smiles as the father and daughter duo walk towards Merle whose back was faced to both of them.

"Merle!" Rick called out as Merle turned around and just in time did Kiara hit Merle in the head with the bud of the gun, before he could dare land a hit on her best friend.. He yelped as he fell to the ground. Rick who took it as a opportunity quickly cuffed Merle's hand to a rusty old pipe before grabbing him by his collar.

"Who the hell are you man?" Merle questioned whilst Rick stared into Merle eyes with a hint of annoyance and confidence in his ocean like eyes.

"Officer Friendly."Rick responded with wit as it left everyone to look at the encounter between the redneck and the newcomer.

" Look here Merle, things are different now. There are no ni***ers anymore and no more inbred white fools  either"Rick explained sternly whilst loading a pistol.

" There are only the dark meat and white meat. The Dead and the living. We survive this by pulling together not apart" Merle  scoffs not bothered by the man's words of encouragement.

"Screw you man" Rick shakes his head in bemusement. "I see you have a habit of missing the point" Rick calmly accused "Screw you twice man" Rick who seemingly had enough of the redneck attitude clocks the gun and points it directly between Merle eyes. One shot and he was as good as dead.

"You ought to be more polite to a man with a gun. Only common sense" Rick stated using the redneck words against him. Kiara was as proud as they can be, seeing her father standing up for himself and others bringing nothing but joy and pride to her life.

"You wouldn't your a cop" Merle said trying to call out Rick's bluff. "Look what I am right now is a man looking for his wife and sons. I already found my daughter and I will go to hell to find her again and the rest of my family." Rick stated as he came to look at his daughter as his gaze softened. Then he came to look back at Merle gaze as hard as stone." And anyone that tries to stop me will lose"a shiver went up Kiara spine for one reason alone. She never saw her father like this. He looked ready to kill and keep to his words, yet if she was honest she would burn down the world for her family no question asked.

"I will give you a moment to think about that" Rick starts to pat Merle in search for anything that he could find. He pulled out some drugs as he flicks Merle nose. "Yeah you got some on your nose" Rick stands up as Merle laughs amused like something very comedic was occurring. "What you going to arrest me?" just as those words left Merle lips did he throw the drugs over the ledge leaving it to rot in the city.

Rick walks off whilst Merle Dixon cussed at him with every cuss word that is recorded in the dictionary. Kiara walks over to her father that was looking over the city in thought. "You OK dad?" Rick sighs nodding. "Yeah just thinking that all" Kiara smiles thinking of what just happened a few seconds ago. "You were pretty cool out there. What would Enzo say? Ah yes your a badass" Rick shakes his head amused at the thought of his eldest son and child. "Sounds like something Enzo would say" Kiara nods agreeing.

"Your not from around here are you? . Where are you from?" Morales asked joining the daughter and father duo.

"Up the road aways" Rick admits as Morales scoffs amused. "Well officer friendly welcome to the big city"