Chapter 21:All They Ever Wanted

Laughter was heard whilst carefree smiles took the places of frowns. First time in days the group finally had a decent meal. Dr Jenner as kind as he is he  offered the group a decent meal after learning that each individual had eaten days ago leaving them to starve. Everyones once troubled hearts now carefree as they enjoyed one another company.

Dr Jenner who brought some wine for the adults watch in amusement of the eldest man of the group. Dale was pouring wine for everyone and trying to convince Lori that Carl can have some of the strong liquid.

"You know children in Italy and France have a little wine with their dinner" Dale said matter of factly as he handed Lori a glas of wine. Lori shakes her head amused as she covers Carl's glass with her hand stopping Dale from pouring some wine in his glass.

"Well when his in Italy or France he can have some then" Enzo groaned as he came to look at his mother" Come on let him try it atleast"Lori looks hesitant as Rick steps in. "Come on it won't hurt" Lori seemingly agrees as everyone laughs amused as Dale pours a small portion of wine in his glass.

"There you are young lad" Carl takes the glass from Dale as everyone grows quiet watching Carl in silence as he brings the cup to his lips. He takes a small sip of the wine making him pull a face of disgust.

"Eww!" He slams the glass down like it burned his skin making everyone laugh at the boy's reaction. "Not eww! Yummy" Enzo stated to his little brother as he leaned over his mother and took the glass.

"No it's disgusting, no wonder you like it" Carl responded making Kiara snort whilst the rest of the group continued to laugh amused by the young boy's wit. "Yeah tell him off Carl. It's good your defnitely my favourite" Enzo gasps offended whilst pretending to be shot by a arrow. "Ouch that hit right in the heart" Carl laughs amused by his elder siblings bickering whilst the group smiled amused."You should stick to Soda" Shane advice to Carl as Kiara opened a can of coke and poured it in a glass for Carl.

"Not you Glenn." Daryl stated jokingly as Glenn looked quite confused as he smiled confused.

"What?" Glenn questioned making Daryl smile micheviously. "Keep drinking I want to see how red your face can get" the men laugh whilst Glenn shakes his head whilst taking another sip from his drink. "What about us?" Minho questioned as Daryl came to look over Minho who sat next to Enzo and Glenn. "Are you saying your not a light weight little man?" Daryl challenged amused as Minho threw his arm over Enzo shoulder and pulled him close. "Hell yeah." Daryl nodded. "Well then we have to see if your right light weight" everyone seemingly finding the challenge between the four amusing can only smile.

Kiara who listens intendly on the conversation between the members of the group also notices her father attention somewhere else. She followed her father's gaze and notice he was looking at Dr Edwin Jenner. Kiara seemingly came to notice how lost Dr Jenner seem to look in his own thoughts.

Kiara came to look at her father who seemingly thought the same thing. "We should thank him" Rick nods agreeing with his daughter. "That's atleast we can do for his hospitality" Kiara nods encouraging her father as he uses a spoon and taps the glass. The clinking of the wine glass attracting everyone's attention. Rick came to stand as he came to look at Dr Jenner with gratitude visible in his ocean like eyes.

"It seems we haven't thank our host properly" Rick announced as T-Dog raises his glass already being consumed by the alcohol "He is more than just our host" Kiara agrees with T-Dog statement as she raises our glass"What you did for us Dr Jenner means a lot to us all"everyone raises their glass as the came to praise and thank Dr Jenner for helping them in their troubles and accepting them when they were nothing but strangers.

"Booyah! You are our hero man" Enzo yelled enthusiastically making Lori and Rick smile at their tipsy son amuse whilst Minho yelled boohah as well.

"So when are you going to tell us what happened here Doc?Where are the other doctors that are supposed to figure out what is happening? " Shane questioned sternly and being responsible for the carefree smiles fading from everyone's faces.Kiara shakes her head in disbelief and yet she wasn't surprised how Shane managed to ruin a moment she and everyone else always wanted since the beginning when the world came to it's knees.