Chapter 16:Labor

"Can someone tell me how all the women ended up doing the Hannah Mcdaniel work" Jackie asked as most of the women in the group sat at the lake washing the clothes. Rick, T-Dog, Daryl, Nicholas and Glenn were off to go find Merle along with a bag of guns Rick Grimes dropped. It was a win win. The Dixons get their brother back and the group gains more guns than ever before.

"The world ended didn't you get the memo?" Amy asked scrubbing  one of her t-shirts. Ilene who noticed her mother look at something behind them followed her gaze to see her father watching the group of women whilst smoking a cigarette.

"It's just how it is" Carl stated handing her daughter a clean shirt to dry out. "Is it just me or does anybody else miss the sweet taste of a chocolate milkshake on a summer day with a big fat juicy hamburger?" Kiara questioned jokingly trying to lighten the mood as Ilene nodded agreeing. "Hell yes, with some spicy chicken wings" Kiara and Ilene shared a laugh as Carol smiled. She never saw her daughter as happy as she looked now. Then Carol gaze moved to Kiara. Now she knew why her daughter was happy. She meet Kiara Grimes.

"I miss my coffee machine with that low drip filter with delicious old honey" Jackie stated looking out in the distance as though she was waiting for her coffee maker to return to her yet it was only a dream Dream that could never become reality.

Amy stops washing as she sighs thinking back of all the memories she had with the world's technology. "I miss my computer and texting" Ilene nudges the girl amused agreeing."I miss my vibrator" Andrea admitted shocking everyone as a few laughs were heard.

Jackie smiled at the girl amused "Ooo"

Carol looks around before smirking"Me too"Ilene snorts as everyone laughs cheering the older women on

Carol looks around before smirking"Me too"Ilene snorts as everyone laughs cheering the older women on. "Woah mom way too much information" Ilene teased wiggling her brows at her mother who smiled amused.

Yet there always has to be someone to burst the bubble of happiness.His name was Ed Peletier.

"What is so funny?" Ed asked walking up to the women whilst taking a breath of the cigarette. Ilene smile immediately disappeared at the sound of her father's voice whilst Carol tensed up. It was no secret to the group of women who the man was behind close doors.a Monster.

" We were just swapping war stories, Ed" Andrea added rolling her eyes when her back came to face the infuriating man.The group of women continued to wash the clothes and dry them up whilst Ed stalked them like a prey. Andrea seemingly growing annoyed stops doing what's she does and comes to look at Ed. "Got a problem Ed?" Andrea questions as Ed glares at the women. "Nothing that concerns you. This isn't some comedy club. Do your work" Kiara clenches her jaw in annoyance. For the first time in a long while she got the urge to actually hit someone. "Excuse me sir" Kiara stopped coming to look at the man standing up. "What do you want you brat" Ilene was about to stand up when her mother pushed her down.

"I would appreciate it if you can leave us in peace so we can work and do it right or I can always get Shane to deal With you harassing us and all" Kiara calmly stated as Ilene eyes widen before pride filled her heart. Ilene couldn't believe her ears, but she was proud of her best friend nevertheless. The man takes a threatening step towards the girl as she keeps her ground even though she could feel herself trembing.