Chapter 26:Fainting Spells And Friendship

The next morning the group decided to go off into the woods together except for Dale and T-Dog in which Dale had to fix the Rv and T-Dog was injured unable to travel far in the search for Sophia.

After a few hours of searching for Sophia the group  took a brief break from their search for Sophia, Hunter and Enzo found themselves sitting by a  tree in the shade  protecting them from the harsh morning sun. .

Hunter looked over at Enzo, who was practically gleaming with delight as he took a sip from the flash of water. "Hey Enzo, you really know your way around the woods It's like you were born for this," Hunter remarked, a fond smile playing on his lips.

Enzo grinned back, his eyes shining with excitement. "Thanks, Hunter! I guess I've had some practice, you know, camping trips with my family before all this happened. Never thought those skills would come in handy like this though!" he chuckled.

Hunter chuckled along with him, the sound carrying a sense of relief amidst the ominous atmosphere that surrounded them. The two of them exchanged stories about their favorite camping adventures, reminiscing about simpler times. Their laughter intertwined with the crackling of the fire, enveloping them in a shield of camaraderie.Enzo and Hunter never had a good friendship in these last couple of months but it seems today it took a turn.

In that moment, as they sat under the three, their friendship took an unexpected heartwarming turn. Enzo, ever the perceptive one, noticed a slight sadness in Hunter's eyes, particularly when reminiscing about his family. Sensing the opportunity to offer comfort knowing his sister would do. It, Enzo leaned in closer and gently put an arm around Hunter's shoulder.

"You know, Hunter, everything's gonna be alright," Enzo said softly, his voice filled with reassurance. "We're gonna find Sophia, and we'll get through this together. You're not alone, alright?"

Hunter's eyes softened, and he felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude towards Enzo. It was rare to find such genuine compassion and understanding during these times, and he was touched by Enzo's words.He definitely knew know compassion was in the blood of the grimes family. Nodding appreciatively, he took a deep breath and replied, "You're right, Enzo. We'll find her. And thank you for always being there, for reminding me that hope is still worth holding onto but seriously some space will be appreciated dude."Enzo chuckled amused.

Their connection solidified in that heartfelt moment, strengthening their resolve. They knew that, no matter what obstacles lay ahead, they would face them as friends, each supporting and uplifting the other.Once again searching for Sophia for hours the group stumble upon something.

. Exhausted and losing hope, they stumble upon an old abandoned tent hidden among the trees. Filled with anticipation, they believe that Sophia might be inside, their relief mixed with fear about her well-being."Carol come here" Rick called over as Carol walked over as hope filled her teary eyes. Hope that she finally found her little girl. "Call out to Sophia. If she is in there the first thing she would want to hear is your voice" Rick explained as Carol nodded anxious and hopeful. "Sophia sweetheart it's mommy" Carol whispered in hopes Sophia would emerge from the tent.

Daryl who cautiously approach the tent waited for Carol to continue "Come on out baby" . Then Daryl opens the tent revealing the corpse of a man who seemingly killed himself his flesh scattered all over the tent and his corpse slowly starting to decompose and the smell of death making everyone groan in disgust. Carol who seemingly was dissapointed that it wasn't her daughter finds comfort in Lori. Rick Grimes's oldest son, Enzo, starts feeling overwhelmed by the tension and anxiety. The sight of the tent intensifies his emotions, causing him to faint due to the gruesome nature of what they  found inside. Enzo's sister, Kiara Grimes, who, despite being worried herself, can't pass up the opportunity to tease her brother.

Amidst the serious and dark atmosphere, Kiara starts playfully mocking Enzo for passing out, trying to lighten the mood. She jokingly whispers to Enzo, "Hey, sleeping beauty, Santa's hiding in the tent. Better open your eyes!" Her teasing mixed with genuine concern creates a comical moment amidst the tension.

Hunter Peletier, known for his light-hearted nature, and Minho Rhee, the group's resident joker, join in on the fun. They exchange knowing looks and start making witty remarks about Enzo's inability to handle the sight. Hunter, with a mischievous grin, exclaims, "Looks like Enzo can't handle the horror movie we're living in!" Minho, always quick with the jokes, adds, "Who knew Enzo was such a lightweight? Maybe he needs a pacifier too."

The banter between Kiara, Hunter, and Minho provides brief comic relief, showcasing the characters' ability to find humor even in dire situations. It also serves as a momentary distraction from the grim reality of discovering the corpse in the tent." You three are so childish but they are right how have you survived this long you big baby" Ilene uttered crossing her arms as she stared at Enzo in amusement giving him a light kick in his side as Enzo sits up.

"Seriously, man, you're like a little kid at a haunted house." Hunter added laughing amused at his friend

Enzo's face turns red, and his eyes roll in annoyance.

"Oh, thank you, my dear friends, for reminding me of my momentary lapse of consciousness. It's truly a memory I cherish." Enzo stated sarcastically as he came to stand on his feet.

His friends burst into laughter, realizing their teasing has hit a nerve.

" Aww, Enzo, you know we're just messing around. Can't you take a little joke?"Ilene teased quite enjoying herself for torturing Enzo in this comedic way.

" Oh, yes, of course, Ilene. The sight of blood-thirsty walkers chasing our beloved friends and family really sets the mood for a good laugh."Enzo remarked annoyed as he dusted offf his pants.

Minho smiles as he starts mocking confused." So, if the sight of a few  corpses makes you pass out, what would you do in when you come face to face with a actual horde of walker face to face "

Enzo raises his eyebrow in question at his trusted friend turning to him"
Ah, Minho, my dear friend, it's good to know you have such faith in me. I suppose I would join the ranks of the undead, just to prevent any further inconvenience for you."

His friends break into laughter once again, realizing that Enzo isn't one to be easily intimidated by their teasing.

" Okay, okay, we'll stop teasing now. But seriously, Enzo, we can't help but find it amusing."Kiara said smiling noticing the rest of the group bickering about what to do.

" Yeah, you know we love you, man. Fainting spells and all."Hunter nudged Enzo playfully.

Enzo gives a slight smile, appreciating the sentiment behind their teasing, even if it does get under his skin.

" Thanks, guys, I love you too. Just remember, when the times comes, I'll be the first one to save all your asses" Enzo stated confidently.

They all share a laugh, their bond strengthening with every witty remark and sarcastic quip. Suddenly the sound of church bells were heard

As the group gathers their composure and prepares to investigate further, they are filled with a mix of emotions – fear, sadness, and determination to continue their search for Sophia. The sight of the corpse serves as a reminder of the constant dangers they face in this post-apocalyptic world and the toll it takes on their mental and emotional well-being