Chapter 14:Best Friends

"For a while I believed I was in some coma dream.... A Dream I will never wake up from" Rick admitted the campfire warming up those closest to it. The stars high in the sky that accompanied the lonely silver moon.

"Mom said you died" Carl admitted looking up at his father whilst laying in his arms not planning to leave his father side. Afraid Rick would dissappear once he blinks. Enzo Grimes

and Kiara Grimes came to look at Shane Walsh

and Kiara Grimes came to look at Shane Walsh. The very man that told them their father was the dead, the liar.

"She had every right to believe that. Don't ever doubt it" Rick stated standing up for his wife whilst Kiara rolled her eyes when Shane looked at her father and mother in guilt. "Now he feels guilty? How ironic" Kiara whispered to her elder brother as Enzo nodded agreeing with his sister. "He didn't feel guilty when he f-" Kiara shoved her brother stopping him from finishing the vile sentence. "No cussing there are minors present" Enzo rolled his eyes at his sister antiques as the two Grimes siblings focused their attention back onto their father who seemingly was still talking about his horrofic experience that could compare to that of a nightmare.

"When things started to get bad. The hospital told us they were going to transfer you to Atlanta" Lori started still not making eye contact with her husband and instead brushed her fingers through Carl's hair.

"Short story short. It didn't happen and they blew up Atlanta like July 6th" Enzo enlightened as Rick nodded"Well it's no surprise son. By the looks of the hospital it was a surprise I was able to survive"Kiara came to glare at Shane wondering what he was seemingly thinking since his expression was far too neutral to read.Deep down Kiara hoped the guilt would eat him from the inside out. Was it so awful to hope for something as awful as that? Was it awful for her to hope he regrets ever thinking he had a chance to take the place of her father?

"Looks don't deceive man. I barely got them out" Shane admitted as Rick focused his attention on Shane. His ocean blue eyes filled with gratitude. "I will never be able to thank you enough Shane" Kiara that could no longer endure the fact that her father was being grateful to the very man that he should despise she stood up dusting off her shorts. "I need to use the ladies room " Kiara excused walking to the RV. The Peletiers forced to seat at their own little campfire by their father watched in annoyance as their father added another log.Ilene Peletier and Hunter Peletier sharing a glance knowing their father was just looking for trouble by now.

"That's not a good idea dad" Ilene uttered sternly whilst Ed's head snapped to his daughter. "Don't tell me what to do little girl" Ilene bit down on her tongue hiding the urge to roll her eyes at her pathetic excuse of a father.

"Your daughter is right Ed. You might want to rethink that log" Shane added as Ed scoffed. "It's cold man" Hunter who seemingly had enough stood up about to take out the log. "I will beat your ass if you do it boy" Ed threatened as Shane stood up. "Look here. It being cold doesn't change the rules." Shane stated walking towards the Peletier family. Sophia clinging onto her mother whilst Ilene sat next to Hunters now empty seat, whilst their father sat across from them. He seemingly tried to portray as a Alpha male, but Ilene knew he was nothing but a insecure coward.

Enzo stood up walking after Shane." Look Sir we have to keep the fire embers low so that we don't get spot from a distance" Ed eyed the boy inspectedly "Mind your own business you brat" Enzo nods not even insulted just accepting the insult as he whispers a insults and returns to his family where the rest of the group were seated. "You sure you want to have this conversation?" Shane threatened as Ed rolled his eyes and came to look at his wife. "Come on pull the damn thing out" Carol was about to do exactly what her husband asked but Hunter stopped his mother as he took it out before giving his father a hard glare.a Glare with the potential to kill anyone who he looked at. The hatred clear in his eyes. The hatred that was never supposed to be meant for your father, but Hunter saw his father as the very monster that hid in his closet as a kid.His father was supposed to protect him against the monsters but it turned out the very person that was supposed to protect them was the one they needed to be protected from.

"You all have a good night" Shane walked off as Ilene sighed remembering that Kiara disappeared into the RV. The only person she can tolerate right about now"I will be right back" Ilene excused standing up. "Where the hell do you think your going?" Ed questioned as Ilene came to look at her father with a annoyed glance. "Bathroom" she walks off and gets into the RV.Coming face to face with the very person she was looking for. "I thought you were using the ladies room?" Ilene questioned as she came to sit in the booth of the RV where Kiara sat haunted by her own thoughts.

"I think if I stayed there any longer I would of said something that I shouldn't" Ilene scoffed amused. "I don't think you can. Even when your insulting people you make it sound so polite" Kiara rolled her eyes amused as she came to look at Ilene. Kiara was never someone that was good at reading people but the look in Ilene eyes look quite familiar Pain, hatred and suffering"Sorry that you have such a asshole of a father" Ilene shrugs. "Sorry about your family dynamic with your father's best friend sleeping with your mother and then your dead father coming back life " Kiara smiles sadly. "It's alright though. It's like an episode from the America Housewife's" Ilene snorts amused. "More like the apocalypse housewife's" Kiara shakes her head as she rests her back against the seat.a Small smile making its way to her face.

"I knew I might the right choice" Kiara admitted as she came to look at Ilene with her green orbs shining brighter than any stars Ilene have ever seen in her life. "With what?" Ilene questioned curious as Kiara tilted her head. "I knew I made the right choice with choosing a best friend." Ilene froze taken a back by Kiara words. a Moment she is taken back to her childhood. The only friend she ever had was her brother. She had no friends not even a single one. Ilene has always had a wall built around her heart, since she was old enough to realize her home situation. She was too afraid to let anyone in. Scared of the hurt and pain and even suffering from letting someone in. Then Ilene smiled amused. Yet here she was. a Girl she knew only a month and half a week. The same girl that was able to break down the walls around her cold heart. Kiara Grimes made her way into her heart and Ilene felt alive after so many years.

"Yeah me too"