Chapter 17 :Hope?

"How are you feeling Jim?" Kiara questioned the moon light shinning bright upon the group.The campfire flames dancing among each other whilst it kept the group warm. The Peletier family excluding Ed Peletier was aloud to join the group, since their father was heavily injured by Shane Walsh earlier today.Something Ilene and along with her brother Hunter shamefully were thankful for.

Jim who seemingly was hit with a heatstroke worried the group greatly whilst ducking holes big enough to fit people. Now came to be his normal self after being tied to a tree whilst cooling him off since he was a danger to himself and everyone else. Now he was back to his normal self. . Unfortuently those who left for the city have yet to return Leaving the rest of the group to wonder when they would return.

"Yeah I am fine thank you" Jim stated with gratitude as Kiara nods. "Of course your part of our group that means your family" Ilene rolls her eyes amused at her best friend. "Why is it that you always need to be so cheesy?" Ilene questioned nudging Kiara whilst taking a bite from the fish Andrea and Morales prepared She had to admit this was heaven compared to the old cans of food they had to eat for the last month and a half.

"I am not cheesy" Kiara defended whilst the starry night seemingly brightened even more by each passing moment.

"Yeah and I love my father" Ilene stated sarcastically challenging the Grimes girl. Kiara smiled amused shaking her head. "Fine... Maybe I am just a bit" Ilene laughs amused at Kiara confession whilst Kiara had a look of embarrassment.

"I got to ask you man. It's been driving me crazy" everyone attention whilst eating fish that served close to a five star restaurant main course meal came to look at Morales who came to ask the question whilst looking at Dale.

Everyone's attention the fixed on Dale as he frowns confused at Morales. "About what?" Morales then points to Dale's watch which stopped working once the world caved in.  Dale's eyes lit with realization but continues to put on the carade of being as clueless as ever. "What about my watch?" Dale questioned curiosity clear in his eyes and seemingly everyone else's.

"I see you everyday. The same time winding that thing back like a village priest saying mass" Morales stated amused as Dale nods a small smile present on his wrinkled  face.

"I have been wondering the same thing. The world has gone to hell and you look at that thing like the world didnt" Hunter stated looking at the elder man in curiosity "Well time is important isn't it?" Dale asked theoretically. "Atleast to  keep track which day it is. Don't you agree Andrea? Back me up here" Dale asked whilst Andrea rolled her eyes amused whilst looking at the older man like he had a couple of screws loose.

"Is the watch something you inherited perhaps?" Kiara questioned as Dale came to look at the girl"Your close but not quite. I like the saying that the father gives the son his watch. He said'I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire, that will fit all your needs. No better than it did mine or my father before.. I give it to you not to remember time but that you may forget it. Now and then so that you won't spend all your time trying to conquer it'"Everyone seemingly feels touched by his words and maybe even mermerized by the explanation." Sounds like some fairytale told to generation to generation "Ilene added as Hunter, Sophia and Enzo agreed.

" It sounds more like a lovely poem. a Long poem but definitely a poem"Kiara disagreed. Amy was the first to break the silence after it as she came to look between Kiara and Dale. "Here I thought Kiara was the only weird one in our group . Your both are so weird" Amy stated jokingly as everyone shared a amused laugh. The laughter lightening the mood of the group. The feeling of hope and bliss conquering the darkness in every single one of their hearts. Making all of them believe that even if the world came to a end there was still hope for a brighter future. Hope that this group will survive together in harmony.

Amy stands up as Andrea quickly becomes alert and questions her little sister where she is going off to Reminding everyone of a mother hen "Where are you going?" Amy looks between her sister and the group before meeting her sisters gaze once again. "I am going to pee" she stated sternly before scoffing"Try to be discreet around here"Amy walked off towards the Rv whilst Carl and Sophia seemingly continued to laugh at Amy's sarcastic reply.

"They will be cute together right" Kiara whispered to Ilene mentioning to her brother and Ilenes sister, Sophia. "What those two? Are you insane?" Ilene questioned looking Kiara over with a look of disbelief written all over her  face.

"What? You think they won't be cute together? " Kiara asked with a pout as Ilene shook her head. "They are 11. dumbass" Ilene cleared up as Kiara tilted her head confused. "Yeah so?" Ilene groaned as she comes to look at Kiara in a look of disappointment. "I can't with you anymore. I just can't" Ilene muttered whilst Kiara shrugged and continued to eat,clueless of Ilene disappointment and concern.

"Are we out of toilet paper?!" Amy questioned stepping out of the Rv as Hunter came to look at the girl. "Did you look under the kitchen cabinet?" Amy nods. "Uh where else can I look?" "Hunter smiles amused by the girl yet before Hunter could reply he watched as a walker came out of the shadows like a monster lurking in the dark as it took hold of the young girls arm and teared into her arm. Her flesh being ripped apart whilst a horrified scream escaped her lips. Where one goes follows more. Since multiple walkers appears from the shadows of the woods. Hunter runs off to go and help Amy whose already being swarmed with the living dead who seeked her flesh for supper,whilst Ilene doesn't spare a second and picks up her crossbow she seemingly always has in close ranch as she comes to stand in front of her mother and sister. She will die protecting those she cares for.

"Get behind me Kiara!" Enzo ordered as he pushed his sister behind him along with their mother and brother. "Hell like I am" Kiara admits stubbornly and steps forward. She pulls out a knife and gives her brother a stern look"You protect them from the front and I in the back"Enzo nods as the two Grimes siblings take out walkers whilst protecting their mother and brother. Ilene Peletier taking out walkers from a long ranch shot. Hunter Peletier killing walkers who dared try to come closer to the RV . The rest of the group killing walkers left and right. The screams of terror were heard as chaos continued . The very scenery looked like something out of a nightmare a nightmare that wouldn't stop and became darker and darker by each passing minute.

Then like a miracle multiple gunshots were heard as Rick and the rest  of the group from the city came running into camp shooting most of the walkers dead in their tracks with the guns they seemingly were able to optain. The battle against the dead and living seemingly endured for a couple of minutes and yet to those who thought it felt like a eternity of fighting.

Rick shoots the last walker as the chaos seems to slowly fade away as the smell of blood, dead and grieve hit the group. Andrea cradling her dead sister whose last memory seemed to be of watching herself being teared apart by the living dead whilst having to watch. Several of the groups people no longer part of the living and most of all the feeling of everyone hope being ripped out of their hands like a silent thief in the night. Just as they regained hope it seemed fate was cruel and decided to take all they  had left in the dark world where light was destroyed by darkness.