Chapter 17 Why?

"I have never been the biggest fan of Andrea Harrison but this, this is so.." Ilene started trailing off as she came to look at Andrea along with everyone else how she cradled her little sisters corpse whilst being covering in her blood.Ilene just couldn't find the right word as she scrambled for the right word

"Heartbreaking, sad and a tragedy" Ilene nodded at Kiara words relieved Kiara knew just what she wanted to say. "Yeah that" Kiara looked Andrea over as her mother chipped in. "I think I should go check on her" Kiara comes to look at her mother shaking her head. "I think it's best to leave her. She is mourning and Andrea is not naive. She can handle herself" Lori sighs giving Andrea another glance. "I just can't it's breaking my heart" Lori walks over to Andrea whilst Kiara sighed. "I might as well be a wall" Ilene smiles amused before fixing the bloody knife in her hand". We should continue you know burn the walkers bodies "Kiara nods as she and Ilene walked passed T-Dog and Glenn who came to throw a walker in the pile of fire.The two girls walking to where a few walkers corpses lay to rot, but then a sertian duo put their plan to a stop.

" What the hell are you doing? "Ilene and Kiara questioned at the same time as they came upon Minho and Enzo.The pair stops at the girls question. Enzo face draining from blood in embarrassment that he and Minho had been caught. Enzo who had a walkers head in his hand whilst using his hands to move it's jaw as though it was talking. Enzo jumps upright with a embarrassed expression whilst Minho is frozen in place

"Uh we were..." Minho trailed off rubbing his neck nervously "Checking if it was dead" Enzo stated finishing Minho sentence with confidence that seemingly had him nearly believing his own lie.Just then did Hunter sneak up upon the  idiotic duo and placed his hands on either both of their shoulders.

"How do you two losers even survive?" Enzo scoffs offendend as Minho slips out of Hunters grip.

"We are not losers" Enzo defended as he threw his arm over Minho whilst he puffed out his chest to portray confidence . Minho looked Enzo over before looking back at Hunter. "Enzo we are losers" Minho stated not even offended by his own insult towards him. Enzo sighs defeated "Yeah we are" Kiara smiles amused at the three teenage boys whilst Ilene rolls her eyes quite exhausted by the three childish boys. Ilene could not help but feel she was the only adult stuck with a bunch of children.

"Well done. The first step is admitting your a loser. Now let's move our asses. I don't want to deal with dead bodies all day long" Ilene quickly stated annoyed as Enzo and Minho felt a chill down their spine at the sight of Ilene eyes staring into their souls. Her glare sending them straight to work whilst Hunter goes to help Glenn over at the fire where the rotting bodies of the walkers were being burned to ash and dust. Hunter loved his sister but he also knew that, that same look meant he was close to receiving a hit or two or a hit that will make him join the living dead.

"Now let's go burn some...dead things that are definitely dead but we have to make sure they stay dead" Kiara mumbled once again getting lost in her own thoughts and words. "Why must you make everything so complicated? You could of said corpses" Kiara comes to look at Ilene. Ilene swore she saw clocks turn in Kiara's head as she processed Ilene's word. "Oh yeah. That works too" Kiara stated eyes lit with realization and a very much pleased smile.

"Daryl you need to calm down" the two girls share a look as they walk over to where they saw half of the group stood well.... what was left of the group.

"What's going on?" Ilene questioned coming to stand next to Glenn along with Kiara. "We are talking about Andrea and well the fact that her sister will wake up any second and tear us apart" Glenn whispered dramatically as Ilene nodded in understanding.

"All of you can't be serious?"Daryl scoffed in disbelief pickaxe over his left shoulder his blue eyes filled with annoyance."Sorry to admit it, but.... That dead girl is a ticking time bomb"Nicholas stated as Kiara came to look at the male that was a few years older than her.

"What do you suggest?" Rick questioned the same annoyance as his daughter, but both father and daughter duo hid their annoyance quite well.

"Take the shot mate. From here a clean shot in the brain. Isn't that right brother?" Nicholas stated before coming to look at his brother Daryl. "Hell yeah. I can shoot my shot from here. I can shoot a turkey between it's eyes" Kiara scoffs stepping forward towards Nicholas. "Don't you have even the tiniest bit of sympathy?" Kiara questioned her soft tone a bit harsher than it usually is. "Sympathy are for the weak. Either way if you haven't noticed luv the world went to shit"Nicholas stated stepping forward towards Kiara Grimes. a Intimidating look in his so hypnotizing eyes whilst his thick accent only seemed to annoy the girl.

"My daughter is right. Let her be" Lori defended her daughters words whilst Nicholas gaze hardened whilst Daryl scoffed and walked off. Nicholas sharing one last glance with the eldest and only daughter of Rick and Lori grimes before following after his brother.

"Thanks mom" Kiara thanked smiling at her mother as Lori 's gaze softened at her daughter. "Ofcourse baby" Kiara and Ilene go to continue their work whilst the rest of the group continue the labor. The walkers go into the pile burned by the orange and red embers of the fire, whilst the rest of the group that lost their life's the night before were loaded in a truck. a Truck that will take them to a place where they could be buried whilst their souls can finally rest.

"a walker got Jim!!" the panic yell of what can only belong to a women was heard. Everyone alerted by the information and wasting no time.

Everyone surrounded Jim his tall structure stumbling to grab something to protect himself with. Panic clear in his chestnut brown eyes. The said weapon being that of a shovel

"Show it to us!" Daryl demanded threateningly as he held his pickaxe at hand. Blood dripping down from the pickaxe handle.

"I am okay! I.. I.. I am okay" Jim repeated nervously as though he was trying to convince himself that he was infact not bitten. The panic and fear that seemingly took hold of him, made him swing the shovel he used for defence. This only seemed to urge Shane and Rick to stop him before things got out of hand and someone got hurt. T-Dog luckily was close and quick enough as he held Jim whilst Shane pulled Jim shirt up.

The air grows tense and even fear when everyone's eyes caught the sight of a fresh wound on his stomach. Blood oozing out of the fresh wound whilst the skin around it seemingly was growing redder because of the inflammation. It was a sight that made their hearts drop to their stomachs.

Their minds filled with questions. Questions that couldn't be answered. Yet the most common question amongst everyones minds were'Why is this happening to them? '