Chapter 23"Life Changed Forever"

"What In the actual fu*k?!"

Hunter exclaimed wide eyed at the news. "That's what I thought" Ilene agreed. "So what once the generators run out the building is going to get rundown?" Hunter questioned seemingly still in denial. "Well it's more like it's going to blow up and nothing except for ashes will be left." Kiara explained making Hunter sigh. "It's exactly what I said" Hunter argued as Kiara shook her head. "No it isn't rundown and being estramanate is two different things" Kiara argued as Ilene came to stand between her best friend and her brother before they could continue on their debate
"As much as I would love to see you two idiots continue to bicker about who is right we have a other problem to worry about... You know like being killed" the two teenagers seemingly stops bickering coming back to the serious topic at hand. "Sorry" Both apologized in unison as Ilene nodded thankful before the three noticed Rick and the rest running in after Dr Jenner into the labratodry where they already waited."!"

"What is going on Dr Jenner?!" Rick questioned panic written all over his face. Fearful of the answer. "The system is shutting down. All the none essential power uses being turned off" Dr Jenner explained calmly making everyone on edge. "It happens when we reach our last half hour mark" Dr Jenner takes the last sip of a bottle of vodka that he seemingly downed in a few minutes.

"It was the French" Dr Jenner stated his tongue slurring as he shoved the empty bottle in Darryl's hands carelessly. "What?" everyone seemingly thought the same thing that Andrea questioned. "The French were the longest to hang out. Our people bolted out the doors and committed suicides in the hallways,whilst the French stayed in their labs till the end. They were close to a solution" Dr Jenner explained answering the question the group had asked earlier the day.

"What happened. They gave up when they were that close?" Enzo questioned in disbelief stepping next to his father. "No but the same thing that is happening here, happened there. No power grid. Run out of juice." Dr Jenner scoffs seemingly finding something amused by the entire situation. "The world runs on fossil fuel. I mean how stupid is that?" Dr Jenner ask finding it all far too amusing whilst Hunter seemingly clenched his jaw in disbelief in anger. He couldn't believe the man. Kiara was able to figure everything out and yet Dr Jenner didn't have the decency to warn any of them of what is to come. Hunter was about to attack Jenner when Kiara stopped him by grabbing his upper arm. "Don't. This place is going to blow and if we don't leave right now we are going to blow up too" Kiara stated loud enough for everyone to hear and stern enough to make sure everyone listened.

"What?" Rick questioned is disblief as Kiara nodded. "Come on everyone let's get our things and leave" Just then a alarm was heard as Shane and Rick rushed everyone to get their things so they can leave when Vi admitted their were 30 minutes left before their end would come. Dr Jenner seemingly proving to them that he was indeed not their knight in shining armor as he closed the only door that could of led them to freedom.
.
"Did you just lock us in?" Glenn questioned horrified as Dr Jenner didn't seem to experience any sign of guilt for his action. Dr Jenner ignored everyone's panic state as he went to record a video making Ilene snap like a fuse when she noticed the tears in her mother's and sister's eyes. She run up and tuckled Dr Jenner of his chair and landed a punch in his jaw before yanking up at his collar.

"Listen here you sick asshole. You might of lost your will to live but we ain't we aren't cowards. So you let us out or I will make sure your last moment on this hell are the brutal and agonizing" Ilene was ripped off Dr Jenner as she struggled in Hunter's grasp as he held her back as Kiara came to stand between Ilene and Dr Jenner

"Look as much as I wish Ilene could hit you for being so heartless I can't let it happen. Look Dr Jenner you taking our choice away is unhuman of you" Kiara stated her green eyes teary because of fear, fear that she and her family, her group being part of her family not making it out alive