Chapter 12:Guts

"This is insane" Ilene uttered in disbelief whilst being dressed in a coat with plastic gloves. Infact everyone in the room were wearing coats and gloves except for Merle that was up on the roof. Cuffed like a criminal.

"You got that right. I am going to be scarred for life" Minho added for the dramatics as Rick fixed his face shield on his face and gripped the axe. The team came up with a brilliant yet not so brilliant idea. Few of the group members would sneak through the walkers to a truck at the construction sight and come to get everyone. The only problem? Well they didn't look or smell like the dead so what was the solution? Covering themselves in the deads' guts.

Rick seemingly was nervous at what he was about to do and his daughter knew her father well and caught onto his nervousness . "You can do it dad" Rick nods at his daughters words as he swings his axe but stopped as he threw the axe to the ground and the shield mask along with it. He came to kneel next to the now definitely dead corpse. He patted the corpse in search for something. He pulled out a wallet.

"Wayne Dunlap. Georgia lisence" Rick read the information provided on the ID card in the corpse wallet. "Born 1979"Rick hands the ID to Glenn who looks it over with pity.

" He had 28$ when he died. And a picture of a pretty girl. With love from Rachel"Kiara came to look at the corpse guilt washing over her. Just a few moments ago she thought it was one of the most ugliest undead things she had ever seen and now her father revealed what and who the person was before turning into something that ate the living.

"He was just like us.... Worrying about rent and the superball" Rick trailed off as everyone seemed to be touched. "If I ever find the rest of my family I am going to tell them about Wayne" Rick stands up grabbing the axe and face shield.

"Your going to skip the part about chopping Wayne up right? Carl doesn't need to know that" Everyone came to look at Kiara in disbelief. "What I am just asking" Rick didn't blink an eye to his daughter antics quite used to his daughter unusual behavior.

"One more thing Wayne was an organ donor" Glenn quipped as everyone agreed. Rick then swinged the axe as he started cutting up the corpse in pieces blood and flesh send flying everywhere. Kiara first thought came to mind was not of disgust but that her father looked like a real life butcher.

Everyone groaned in disgust at the sight as Rick handed the mask and axe to Morales. "Keep chopping" Morales that was asked by Rick immediately starts to continue the job whilst Glenn came to look pale. As pale as a candle. "I am so going to hurl" Glenn bemoaned as Kiara rubbed his back to try and comfort him. "If you throw up on my boots I am going to kick your ass" Ilene added taking a step back from Glenn. "Ilene must you say that. He can't help it" Ilene rolled her eyes. "I agree with Ilene don't hurl on me, brother" Minho added as Rick ordered everyone to start covering him, Glenn and Ilene in the guts that once was inside of the corpse.

Kiara helped to cover her father in guts with Jackie. T-Dog and Andrea covered Ilene with guts whilst Morales and Minho covered Glenn in guts.

"This is so bad" Glenn groaned seconds away from throwing up. "Think of something else puppy and kittens" Rick tried as Kiara eyed her father suspiciously. "More like dead puppies and kittens" T-Dog stated amusing Kiara. "I know you are doing this for the group and I think this was smart, but hopefully we don't have to do it ever again" Kiara whispered to her father with a small jokingly smile as he nodded smiling down at his daughter. "We should just hope so don't we? " the father and daughter moment was interrupted by the sound of Glenn hurling. He ducked and everything that was once in his stomach covered the ground like art.

"I told you not to get it on my shoes" Ilene yelled accusingly as she looked at her ruined shoes. "Atleast you smell more like them now" Kiara stated as Ilene groaned quite upset that he favorite and only pair of boots were filled with evidence of Glenn's DNA.