Chapter 001

Qingqiu is full of spiritual energy, causing many situated demon clans to thrive.

Autumn is hot and humid, and it's rare to have a proper sunny day. Many demons leave their nests to bask in the sun. On a hilltop not far away, a young and handsome man was occupying the best spot, dragging his nine fluffy tails in a daze.

"Who am I?"

This is a good question. Throughout the ages, many people have used it to understand themselves better, and it has become a breakthrough point in philosophy and even consciousness. However, this man had no intent of ​​​​being the century's biggest philosopher, he was just confused by this question.

"You are Cang Yu."

The irritable matriarch came from behind holding a medicine bowl. She could hardly suppress her anger and responded viciously: "This is the eighth time that you've woken up and asked; Cang Yu, Cang Yu, Cang Yu! Is it that difficult to remember these two words?! Come, drink this medicine."

"I don't... think my name is Cang Yu," The man frowned, taking the medicine bowl and saying thoughtfully, "And I shouldn't have a tail. either"

"If your name is not Cang Yu, then what is it?" The matriarch rolled her eyes, "You did tuck your tail away before, but you're seriously injured now so you can't control it."

The man choked and fell into silence.

So Cang Yu fell into deep thought again after drinking the medicine. The reason why he didn't refute wasn't because the matriarch had put it so eloquently, but because he had lost his memory.

Originally, Cang Yu probably didn't have this name, but it didn't matter, he had lost his memory, so he could only use this name.

Only one soul can live in a body. The previous unlucky owner had already passed away to the west, or maybe the underworld, and his identity and deeds had nothing to do with the current soul.

There were many types of amnesia, and Cang Yu had the most unfortunate one. He neither forgot completely nor remembered clearly. He knows that he once lived on a place called Earth, breathed oxygen, could not swim, and was of Chinese ethnicity and nationality. He was a human, had not yet graduated from college, and was an unwavering atheist. He had just been reading a novel about a reverse harem with a female protagonist, but he didn't remember what his first or last name was, how many people there were in his family, or whether he had ever been in love.

But no matter what, he wasn't a highly respected nine-tailed elder of a fox clan in Qingqiu.

Just because he traveled through time, doesn't make it ok to change his race, right?

There'll always be some minor glitches in life. His minor glitch might've been caused by accidentally falling off a horse, or just simply breaking an egg.

God knows that as a patient with amnesia, he couldn't even remember his own name, so why did he remember a useless harem novel about a female protagonist? Couldn't he remember the four major classics or something? At least it'd sound cooler.

This wasn't the first time that Cang Yu thought about life- well, he's a fox, but he never figured out why. Fortunately, most of the foxes were very busy and were very happy to see him getting better. He was too concerned about his "amnesia." Apart from the matriarch who came to give him medicine every day and the little fox girl who always looked sad when seeing him, Cang Yu hardly received any guests.

The matriarch didn't take the amnesia too seriously. She had only heard of this disease in human romance books, so she found it very poetic. When she had the time, she would come over with a big bag of pine nuts and ask Cang Yu about how it was and everything.