Chapter 039

The plot comes so unexpectedly.

Cang Yu later realized that he should've picked up the novel and follow the plot along, but he remembered that there was no such plot. After all, according to the original work, Rong Dan almost broke off with Qingqiu when she left. How could she be so shameless as to come back to Qingqiu, not to mention that based on Chun Ge's opinion of Rong Dan, which was basically negative, it's unlikely that she'd agree.

Cang Yu, who had become a recluse and victim of a confusing plot, humbly lowered himself and listened to Xuan Jie's for gossip. After all, Xuan Jie knew the specific situation of his cheating wife better than he did.

It's not just any gossip.

Most foxes in Qingqiu, as long as they have some reputation and status, know very well that Rong Dan will be returning to Qingqiu. The reason why Cang Yu, the great elder, didn't know anything about was very simple; because the clan matriarch Chun Ge asked it to be keep hidden from him. In addition, Cang Yu himself was being reclusive person. Not to mention being very reclusive, he went out for walks regularly, so it wasn't difficult to hide this from him.

Xuan Jie talked about everything, unlike Chun Ge, Qian Niang and the other monsters who were on the edges of their seats with worry. He felt that Rong Dan's return to Qingqiu would have an indelible psychological shadow on Cang Yu. The other's might just be severely overestimating an impact.

The plot is actually similar to what Cang Yu remembered, except for a slight discrepancy in a subplot.

After Rong Dan followed Lin Yong to the Ninth Heavens Palace, she became a little fairy maid under him. He met several fairy girls who were gentle or wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to get close to Lin Yong. Rong Dan had several qualities however, firstly, she was Lin Yong's savior, and secondly, she was of low birth, so few fairies regarded her as an obstacle. Instead, they scrambled to treat her well so that she could give me a good image in front of Lin Yong, so her life was extraordinarily good, leisurely and unrestrained.

But of course the heroine's life couldn't be so smooth. Ten years of happiness passed, but soon trouble came to the door.

When Rong Dan left Qingqiu, she was just a young girl. After arriving in heaven, she ate fresh fruit every day and tasted fine wine every night, slowly strengthening her bones. She was born to be the most charming celestial fox and provoked many heavenly soldiers in love. Plus Lin Yong took her with him on most days, which made many immortals secretly jealous, thus causing trouble.

Not long ago, on the birthday of the Queen Mother Xiwangmu, it was supposed to be an ordinary day for Rong Dan. Who would've thought that while the Queen of Heaven was congratulating her and Lin Yong was offering her gifts, a fairy maid suddenly tried to embarrass Rong Dan. The little fairy maid, with her words caused an unprovoked dispute, which made the Queen Mother Xiwangmu upset and disenchanted. Rong Dan wasn't important, but she was still Lin Yong's maid. The heavens was in a spectacle and the Jade Emperor was furious.

As the saying goes, if the Emperor is angry, thousands must die.

This is still the case in the human world, let alone the Heavenly Palace. The Heavenly Emperor punished the maid for causing trouble in a rage, and even wanted to send Rong Dan into reincarnate. Rong Dan and Lin Yong were now inseparable. If it weren't been for this accident, Lin Yong would've been able to advantage of the Queen Mother's celebration to establish status for Rong Dan while the Emperor of Heaven was happy. Who would have thought that these disputes would upset the Emperor of Heaven?

He didn't like Rong Dan because of her humble background. Now, his goodwill was greatly reduced, marriage had turned into a wistful dream. Lin Yong could only plead with him to save Rong Dan's life, and when he reluctantly did, the punishment was changed and she was expelled from heaven instead.