Chapter 005

For the first time, Cang Yu felt sympathy for a supporting character like Chun Ge.

The cuckold has to be shouldered by the heroine, they can't lose face in the divorce. Regardless of whether Chun Ge hates the heroine out of personal preference, she's definitely on Cang Yu's side at this moment. There's no one who can really testify about what kind of temper Cang Yu had, but this person is really petty. If the woman wants to take a bite of his flesh, he'll take advantage too. Now after hearing what Chun Ge said, he really didn't have the heart to trick her.

Cang Yu hesitated for a moment, organized his words, and then spoke: "Yue Lao (T/N: Chinese god love and marriage who connects couples with a red string) pulls strings, gods love to plays tricks, but it's the two people who love each other that make a couple. Since she's not in love with me, why bother her and pretend to be sentimental? It only becomes embarrassment in the end," He completely forgot about his past, but still remembered this book clearly, like he had just finished reading it. He knew that the heroine's future was wider than the ocean, he was afraid that Chun Ge would deliberately find fault with the heroine. It wouldn't be good to have a feud.

He had already tricked her, but no matter whether Chun Ge was being sincere or not, she still spoke for his own good, so how could he bear to let her hit the wall and die, Cang Yu said, "You don't have to feel sorry for me. I'm willing, how could she be able to make me do it."

It's really troublesome to speak!

Cang Yu's sweat was almost trickling down his forehead as he spoke.

It only becomes embarrassment in the end...

Chun Ge rolled these words on the tip of her tongue twice, feeling bitter and astringent. She wished she could cry for Cang Yu, these words felt so ordinary yet so painful, said from the heart.

Sky foxes can gain wisdom and take form at fifty, Chun Ge and Cang Yu have practiced together for many years. No matter how difficult it was, she has never heard him complain about the slightest bit of grievance or unwillingness. But now he's willing to speak to her and say "It only becomes embarrassment." These words show how deeply Rong Dan hurt him. Cang Yu was a highly respected elder in Qingqiu. He's been cultivating for hundreds of years, but fell into the trap of a teenage girl. He gave his sincerity only in exchange for false hope and a broken heart. Now he's injured from protecting Qingqiu, even suffering from amnesia. As the Chief and his best friend, she couldn't do anything.

Since this is Cang Yu's wish, Chun Ge will naturally agree to it.

"Since you said so, of course I believe it," Chun Ge added, "But if you feel unhappy, don't hide it from me. I'll take you to Yingshui to fish for golden snakes to eat,"

There's no need to even stray to this topic!

Cang Yu's emotions evaporated and he smiled dryly: "Thank you."

Now that he had finished talking to the matriarch about divorce, Cang Yu felt that his steps were much lighter when he returned to his nest. He knew what was going to happen next. After the ceremony, he would have nothing to do with the heroine at all. He would get rid of the cuckold and the burden of the heroine. Cang Yu felt relaxed all over.

Rong Dan was young, but very patient. She even cooked porridge for Cang Yu while waiting. When she saw him coming back, she stayed silent. After a while, she asked, "How is the elder's health?" Her voice was gentle and soft, like she had been waiting here for several hours just to ask Cang Yu how he was.

"Fine," Cang Yu replied to her, small calculations running in his mind.

The heroine was a real black lotus. She may not remember all the good things others do to her, but she'll definitely remember the bad things, so he must never fall out with the heroine face to face. Thanks to the heroine's cheap dad, the relationship between the two was actually quite harmonious. It's better to increase the heroine's favorability than become enemies. Anyway, this kindness mustn't be wasted.

However, for Cang Yu, the hatred of cuckolding is irreconcilable, especially since this cuckold was forced, so naturally he'll look for opportunities to retaliate.

Revenge doesn't have to be confrontational; other methods can also be used.

The elder was so infatuated with the heroine. If he doesn't act heartbroken, it won't be justified, right?

Hmph, if you dare to cuckold me, you have the heart of a bear and the courage of a leopard!

"You don't have to worry. I've already discussed this matter with the clan leader. If anything goes wrong, I'll take full responsibility for it," Being worried is one thing, but cheating the heroine is another thing. Cang Yu thought about it After thinking about it, he changed his attitude slightly, his expression became much gentler, and he said slowly, "Qingqiu is no different from other places. After you and I separate, there'll inevitably be some gossip, you don't have to worry about it," Rong Dan heard the news she was most looking forward to and was naturally elated. For fear of being discovered by Cang Yu, she lowered her head and said softly: "Rong Dan understands."

After Cang Yu became injured, Rong Dan felt that he had become more and more complicated. In the past, although the Great Elder's temperament was also very cold, he's still quite responsible. Since her father asks him to take care of her, he agrees to most of her requests and even protects her from the clan leader. Rong Dan was naturally very grateful to the Great Elder, but this kind of gratitude wasn't too deep. She knew that if her father hadn't asked it before his death, the Great Elder wouldn't have cared about a little half-demon like her, so she would divide her gratitude to the two equally. The Great Elder was in a good mood, and rarely softened his tone.

"I don't know what to do next," Rong Dan pretended to be nervous. She paused and said softly, "If Rong Dan has any questions in the future, can she come to the Great Elder to clarify her doubts?" It's not that Rong Dan really has any doubts, she just wants a promise from the Great Elder. Qingqiu is so big, and Rong Dan is a half-demon, there'll naturally be many inconveniences.

Cang Yu pondered for a long time, but finally had no response.

Rong Dan sneered in her heart, but this was expected. The topic stopped there and she stopped talking, the atmosphere became quiet for a while. The two have been married for half a year, but she rarely had such an opportunity to look at the Great Elder. There were countless people in the Qingqiu Fox Clan, but when it comes to appearance, few can compare with the Great Elder. He was seriously injured before, but the majestic look couldn't hide his tired face, the ends of his eyes were slightly red, but it was still difficult to look away from him.

So noble, so proud.

The matriarch looked down on her, Rong Dan knew, but the elder...

Had never even looked at her.

If it hadn't been for her father's pleading, the elder wouldn't have even looked at her. Rong Dan had been very strong since she was a child. No matter how others despised or bullied her, they couldn't defeat her. It's just the difference between a half-demon and a demon. Rong Dan tightened her grip. She didn't grow up here, she could move places.

It's not that Cang Yu was speechless, he was mainly worried that after agreeing, the heroine would really shamelessly come to him every day. After all, there was no guarantee with a Black Lotus.

After weighing the pros and cons for a long time, Cang Yu finally said: "You don't have to worry about that."

The words were ambiguous, and naturally he didn't eat the porridge. They were a superficial couple, and Rong Dan didn't expect anything. She knew in her heart that a great demon like Cang Yu, who was born noble and had an extraordinary status, would naturally not understand her fear and helplessness. Of course, Rong Dan wouldn't reveal her thoughts, so she smiled obediently and said, "Rong Dan understands."

Cang Yu thought to himself: You understand my foot.