Chapter 021

Qian Niang didn't return to her home until noon, and she even brought medicine back.

Seeing that Cang Yu didn't ask her about the cause and effect, she was naturally happy and didn't say anything. Not long after she picked up the egg, she was caught by Chi Shuishui. She only had time to send a message to Qingluan asking him to help take care of it, but Qingluan didn't reply. According to Qian Niang's observation of the cubs of their clan, no Guan Guan has that kind of weird fire. It's most likely that Cang Yu was deliberately teasing her.

With her own assumptions in her mind, Qian Niang certainly wouldn't come looking for answers.

In fact, when Qian Niang came back Cang Yu really wanted to ask her about the details of her egg. Unexpectedly, Qian Niang came back with a birdhead. This time, her body had successfully transformed into a human. Her arms were slender, she has a graceful figure, her legs long and straight, and she has a pair of wings under her flanks. She walks gracefully, but she has a turtledoves head on her neck!

Cang Yu finally figured out what it meant to be unsuccessful in transforming. He managed to press his laugh back down, so he choked all his questions back into his stomach, go back to his room, drink the medicine and continue to practice.

It wasn't until the moon broke at dusk that Cang Yu opened the door and picked up the strange egg. This egg was quite strange. It's said to be a fire child, but it burned through the mud and boiled for hours; It's not hot, but when the sun is shining, even Cang Yu, a thousand-year-old fox, dared not touch it.

Is it possible that this egg has intelligence and can automatically identify living and non-living objects?

There wasn't much activity in the evening, so he naturally went to bed early. Cang Yu was obsessed with studying, so he simply developed the habit of reading a book to fall asleep. It was rare to have company today. He looked at it again and again, fearing that he'd be burned by the egg when he woke up the next day. After thinking for a while, he used a few pieces of clothing to surround the egg in a small nest and isolate it from himself.

His bed was decorated with several dragon-eye-sized pearl stones to illuminate it. The pearl stones were originally ordinary stones that could be seen everywhere, but the Qingqiu Tianhu Clan had many methods of absorbing the essence of the sun and moon for their own cultivation. Over time, they practiced meditation. Many of these mortal objects had also been tinged with moonlight, and their brilliance was soft and not dazzling. It's most convenient to use it as lighting for reading at night. Some also use it as hairpins, which has won the favor of many demon clans, so it got a new name and is praised for being beautiful pearls.

Cang Yu read two volumes of books and saw that the egg had returned to its pure and flawless appearance. Only then did he dare to touch it and say softly: "You have no one to rely on, and I have no one to rely on. As long as you're not a disaster, it wouldn't be too much to feed you."

The egg seemed to move, but maybe it was just his imagination.

Cang Yu didn't care. He closed the book and put it next to the pillow. He lay on the bed and looked at the window. The moonlight fell on the eggshell, making it look a bit crystal-like. Cang Yu's eyes were not on the egg. He just stared blankly at the moonlight over the ground. Many days have passed, moonlight has turned to sunlight and so forth. At the beginning of these days, his mind was filled with how to attack Rong Dan. Now that Rong Dan was gone, he was a little sad, missing his hometown for no reason.

But he even forgot about his home. It was false to say he was nostalgic, he didn't have any nostalgia at all.

Chun Ge's very good, Chi Shuishui is very interesting, Qian Niang is lively, Tang Fu is very reliable, the little foxes are very cute...

Even though this world doesn't have what his world has, it still has things that his world didn't have.

Cang Yu was not a weak-tempered person. His thoughts quietened after a while, and he fell asleep quietly.

It was late at night and the moonlight was thicker. The few pearl stones suddenly dimmed and turned into ordinary stones. The eggshell gradually became transparent, and a group of black and red fire danced violently in the eggshell, like was about to explode. The flames all swayed, and within a moment, they suddenly turned into a tiny flame-filled bird. It was much more powerful and domineering than Qian Niang. Wings spread out on their sides, as bright as blood, and the flames turned into extremely delicate feathers flickering faintly. If it weren't for its small size, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to call it a fire phoenix.

The eggshell looked a little thinner.

At this moment, Cang Yu suddenly turned over, the energy in the egg dissipated instantly, turning into a ball of constantly beating flames.

There was silence all around. Cang Yu seemed to be having a nightmare. He frowned slightly, curling his arm, and pushing the egg out with his fingers. Fortunately, it was pressed against a ball of clothes and couldn't move or roll. He was wearing thin clothes at night, and the faint burns on his arms were faintly visible. The flames in the egg seemed to be much brighter. A red mist formed where the eggshell connected with Cang Yu's fingertips. As the red mist became more colorful, the egg also began much more brighter.

After the second watch, the flame inside the egg took on a new change and turned into a fiery red fox. The fox tail was made of nine flames and constantly shook. It turned around and stared, with bright eyes and a long nose and mouth, a slender body, black and red all over. The long tails waving like lava, burning the inside of the egg into a sea of fire, and then turned into a ball of flames again after a moment.

The eggshell has cracked.

After sleeping until the fifth hour of the night, Cang Yu was woken up by Qian Niang. The bird stayed on his window lattice and screamed so loudly that even the dead would be brought back to life. Cang Yu was still sleepy, and he opened his eyes in a daze. He felt like he was holding something in his arms. He heard a sound again, and thought it was Qian Niang jumping into his arms. Suddenly, he was agitated, and suddenly jumped out of bed, standing straight.

It was pitch dark outside, and the pearl stones on the bedside were gone. Cang Yu opened his hand and held up a small spiritual light, only to realize that what was just in his arms was actually a small black and red beast. It looks like a fox, but has no tail, and its muzzle is flatter. Only its limbs have some flesh, but they are also dry, and it's whole body seems to be covered with a layer of lava as armor.

"What's this...?"

Cang Yu was confused, like he was still dreaming.

"Ha, I couldn't hatch him out of my nest, but it crawled out after sleeping with you for a night," Qian Niang stood on the window lattice and giggled, "I think this kid is also pretty, no? I know what it'll be like in the future."

Cang Yu finally woke up and realized that it was raining outside. No wonder Qian Niang came to the window lattice and called him. Her nest couldn't protect her from the wind and rain. She was afraid of getting a cold if she stayed outside. He listened to the rain outside, after hearing Qian Niang's words, he said ruthlessly: "I don't know what I will look like in the future, but now it looks strange."

In fact, this little beast isn't ugly at all. If you look closely, it looks a bit like a qilin, with heroic appearance of flaming beard and hair, but his face wasn't as broad as that of a qilin. It looks more like a combination of a fox and a qilin. His eyes reflect the spiritual fire and was faintly cold, bringing about a sense of oppression.

The two demons didn't know that the Zhuzhao cub should've stayed in the egg for thousands or even tens of thousand years. The egg had stayed at home safely for eighty years, but recently it had been stolen by the Chongming Bird and then accidentally lost. He was snatched from another Guan Guan by Qian Niang, stolen by fox cubs, fell to the ground from a height, and was forced to accept the close-quarter strength oppression of the thousand-year-old nine-tailed fox. Naturally, he had to rise up and resist.

So in order to survive, he hurriedly broke out of his shell.