Chapter 019

The four little foxes were hurt by the collision, and they all had tears in their eyes. They almost cried, but they were afraid of losing their manliness, so they held it back, covering their eyes their paws, and called out twice.

Only the little red fox was shaking it head, scratching the ground with its little paws, panicking: "Is my head still there? Where's my head?"

"It's still there," Cang Yu asked with a smile, "What are you doing here?"

After the pain passed, the little white fox said: "We found an egg, and we want to give it to the elder to replenish his body."

"Weren't you admiring the moon? An egg was found so quickly," Cang Yu bowed and picked up the egg. The red egg felt a bit hot to the touch. It was said to be cooked, but he could vaguely feel that there was still life in the egg. He said curiously, "I thought this was a boiled red egg, but there's still life inside. It can't be a firebird egg could it..."

His heart skipped a beat, thinking of Qian Niang breathing fire, he hurriedly asked, "Where did you get this from?"

"Oh, yesterday there was a Guan Guan fighting a mandrill. While they were fighting, an egg fell out of the nest. It's said that it's fair game, ah no, if it can't run it's fair game. We saw that it had no legs, so we ran away with it," The little red fox was honest, he said, "But it was fine at night, but it got hotter and hotter during the day. It's still fine now, but in the morning it was as hot as a fireball. We thought that the Great Elder's injury hadn't been healed yet, so we should send it to you to nourish your body."

Cang Yu said in his heart: "It's really hot, no wonder Qian Niang's bald. Judging from the temperature of this egg, even if she wasn't bald, it can still be seen that there's a connection between mother and child."

"Alright, you little guys should be honest, come in with me and eat some fruit," Cang Yu smiled, taking the egg into the house and finding a bamboo basket to put it in, five little foxes ran in happily. The house instantly became more crowded as they ran around wildly. They weren't afraid of anything, they dared to climb up the walls and pillars. When Cang Yu came out with spring water and wild fruits from the kitchen, there were two hanging on the beam, one lying at the foot of a lamp, and two lying on his bed, all screaming happily.

Seeing the food coming, the five fox cubs jumped up. Seeing the clear spring water and fresh flowers and fruits, their mouths salivated. They all rushed forward, huddled around the plate, and raised their round little butt and big tails swaying back and forth. There were some accidental friendly fire from time to time, but they didn't care and just immersed themselves in eating and drinking.

They are still children after all.

It’s not that Qingqiu doesn’t have cooked food, but the difference between food that's been cooked and actual food is a bit too big. Cang Yu himself doesn’t have any skills, so over time he didn’t bother to bother and simply prepared lots of fruits at home. Later Qian Niang came, and because of her he planted a few small fruit trees in the courtyard. She would go around looking for more delicious fruits to give to Cang Yu, lest Cang Yu would be hungry and eat her one day.

Take precautions before they happen.

Cang Yu held up the red egg and looked at it carefully. If an ordinary egg was this hot, it'd probably be cooked through, but this egg still had a bit of life. If it's still alive when it should already be cooked, it probably hadn't been cooked and eaten. Cang Yu has no interest in eating eggs. What's more, if this is really Qian Niang's egg, keeping it and returning it to her will be regarded as goodwill for the bird.

Although Cang Yu didn't know whether birds had feelings for the eggs they laid, but since Qian Niang was conscious. she probably had human feelings.

The little fox cubs lost a fire egg, but they all had enough to eat and drink. They also packed a few fruits for midnight snacks and stuffed them into the small cloth bags hanging on their bodies. They immediately threw away their reluctance and were very happy. They said goodbye to Cang Yu and left.

Qian Niang went out and didn't come back angrily until midnight. Cang Yu waited for her and saw that there was only anger on her face, but no sadness. He couldn't help but feel suspicious, so he used a magical power to hide the egg in his sleeve. He clasped his hands and asked her: "Are you married?"

"What marriage?" Qian Niang said bitterly, "I am a proper and demure daughter, what nonsense are you talking about?"

Cang Yu said, "But I heard just say that you lost an egg."

"Yes!" Qian Niang said angrily, "I don't know where that killer, that thief, that bastard robber came from! He dared to steal my egg. The egg was so fragrant. I was so greedy when I picked it up. I didn't know that eggshell would be so hard and it wouldn't be cooked even if it you put it over fire. I just waited for it to hatch before eating it. But now it's all gone. I don't know which bastard has it in their belly now."

Only then did Cang Yu understand. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so he took out the egg from his sleeve and asked, "Is this the egg you lost?"

Qian Niang screamed in surprise before she remembered to look at Cang Yu's face, he said nonchalantly: "Yes... yes, I didn't eat it behind your back, I just planning about it."

"The fate of this egg is full of twists and turns. Since you can't eat it, it's better to keep it alive. You should hatch it first," Cang Yu paused, then smiled, "Considered a bit of practice in advance."

The egg was as light as nothing in Cang Yu's hand, and when it was thrown, it landed firmly on Qian Niang’s nest, he walked into the house like he didn’t care at all.

Qian Niang was frightened for a while. She flew to the nest and looked at the egg from left to right. She saw the moonlight shining on the egg, and the red color of the shell gradually faded and the shell became crystal clear, the egg became more and more transparent. There seemed to be a scarlet flame condensed in the center, red and black, beating like a heart.

The flames were so hard to look at. Qian Niang only glanced at it and felt her eyes stinging. She hurriedly turned her face away, not daring to look any further. She tested the temperature on the egg with her belly, then sat down and muttered: "A strange fox raises strange eggs. This Cang Yu usually eats vegetarian food, but he kills animals with his hands. Even the Chongming Bird was killed by him. It's not good for him to be injured for so many days. We're all birds, so don't take your anger out on me. I hid the egg from him first, but now he refuses to eat it and insists on me hatching it. Now I don’t know what weird things were done on it, but it's actually still alive. If I don’t hatch it, he'll most likely find someone else to hatch it. I don't want I be useless, I'm not looking for death!"

This is really the way of judging a gentleman with a villain's mind.

The egg wasn't small after all, so Qian Niang put it under her belly and swayed like a chime all night long. At dawn, she smelled something burning, and then she felt a burning sensation in her belly. She opened her eyes and looked down, seeing the sun shining down, making the egg turn red at a speed visible to the naked eye.

Qian Niang subconsciously swept away the egg with her wings, and the egg fell to the soft mud, turning red like a ball of flame.

"What a risk, what a risk!" Qian Niang patted her chest with her wings, "I almost got killed by this egg," However, even though Qian Niang reacted quickly, there was still a burnt patch on her belly. She didn't feel it at first, until she noticed it.

Immediately afterwards, she screamed in pain. She poked it with her bird's beak, and the pain became even worse. She squawked twice and became depressed for a while. She even lost her appetite for her favorite bugs and washed the branches with her tears.

Qian Niang shrank her body and stepped back into the nest. Just as she was about to sit down, she heard a crisp sound and the plate under her paws shattered into a dozen pieces.

"Wah——!"

Qian Niang started crying and wailing.

Cang Yu had a good night's sleep, but was awakened by this scream. Seeing that it was dawn, he hurriedly got up and washed his face with cold water before going out to see the situation.

Qian Niang's figure was no longer there outside the house.