Chapter 038

One demon went out but two demons came back. Qian Niang squatted in her nest and remained unmoved.

Cang Yu had seen enough of Xuan Jie today, he should've been in a good mood, but something went wrong at the last step. When he and Xuan Jie returned, he had mixed feelings. It wasn't so serious as to be angry about it, but instead he felt mostly amused and helpless. In fact, Cang Yu knew in his heart that Xuan Jie was as pure as a piece of white paper, it's normal for him to touch noses casually, so he quickly put the matter out of his mind and went.

Qian Niang wasn't surprised by Cang Yu's appearance, but she looked intently at Xuan Jie full of confusion. She was the one who told Xuan Jie about Cang Yu's whereabouts. Seeing that he wasn't as calm as before, she asked softly: "Little Xuan Jie, did you meet someone or something when you went out this time? Why do you look so sad?"

Cang Yu was vague. Xuan Jie thought about it and still didn't understand, so he told Qian Niang everything that happened. He was frank and got straight to the point, but he didn't know how turbulent Qian Niang's heart was. He only asked calmly: "What exactly does Cang Yu want to teach me? I don't understand, do you understand?" Qian Niang was dumbfounded, with anger burning in her chest.

With nowhere to vent, her red lips quivered, her eyes were moist, and she whispered: "I understand what he wants to teach you. He wants to teach you not to be fascinated by lust," Xuan Jie didn't know what this meant, so when mother Qian Niang wept, he was surprised and asked curiously: "Why are you crying?"

"It's nothing," Qian Niang shook her head and replied softly. Her eyes wandered over Xuan Jie's face for a moment, then she choked and said, "I was just thinking. You're pitiful, Little Xuan Jie. In the past, even though I felt that although Cang Yu was cold-hearted, he still had some compassion for you, but now it seems that Chi Shuishui is right, his heart can only be touched by that woman. He's warm for her, but cold as stone at other times. No one can change this."

Xuan Jie was indifferent to the seven emotions and six desires of the world. Hearing Qian Niang's words, he wasn't very emotional. He only felt that her nature was like this, and he had no other thoughts. He said calmly: "He picked me up and he has a good heart. Why should I be demanding?"

These words were Xuan Jie's heartfelt voice, but for some reason, Qian Niang felt even more sad. She trembled and couldn't help it: "You silly boy! If you were never abandoned when you were born, if you had parents who loved you, and if you look at what you're saying now, you would know how stupid it is!"

Xuan Jie said: "Although I don't have parents, but you and Chi Shuishui treat me very well, and Cang Yu is even more responsive to my requests, which isn't that bad."

"Listen to what you're saying, if someone looks after you occasionally and is willing to teach you something, they're considered very good. I know what kind of hard life you've lived," Qian Niang said sadly, "I'm not a good bird, but I care about having a good life. I wanted to eat you before you hatched, but after you hatched, I began looking after you. I've taken care of you with all my heart, but I'm not your mother after all. It was Cang Yu who wanted you to survive."

Xuan Jie said: "You were angry with him just now, why are you speaking for him now?"

Qian Niang answered angrily: "I'm not speaking for him, that's why I'm angry! Does he think he can pick up a child and abandon him like flowers and grass? Pay attention to him when he's in a good mood, ignore everything when he's in a bad mood? If no matter how you live, as long as you raise your children well and they don't want for anything, wouldn't all the parents in the world be good? Cang Yu sees that you're curious and smart, so he looks after you more. What if you're not smart? Will he just throw you away?"