Chapter 035

Every day after that, Cang Yu and Xuan Jie came to the Fire Spirit Earthline to practice. Chi Shuishui didn't care about them, as if he just planned to let Xuan Jie graduate from his kindergarten.

Cang Yu didn't realize it when he was in charge of the whole process. After he actually partnered with Xuan Jie, he suspected that he had formed a team with the naughty blue cat with the three thousand why's (T/N: I think is referencing an animated series about a curious cat). Fortunately, Xuan Jie wanted to learn almost everything, and most of them weren't too hard. Occasionally, Cang Yu would even feel that his scholarly contribution to the world was second only to Confucius. After thinking about it later, he felt that this position should be given to Chi Shuishui, he didn't know how that fox managed to endure it for so long.

No wonder people say: I encourage you to study in normal school and beg for food after graduation.

It's not very difficult to fool a little beast that's just been born. Although the other was thirsty for knowledge, Cang Yu can be regarded as a participant in the era of information. All the novels about bloody stallions he's finished combined were probably taller than Xuan Jie. Not to mention the cultivation ones, the spiritual and moral lessons are all in one, and he has in his belly the philosophical thoughts on how the protagonists of major hot-blooded, gloomy, domineering, cold and other characters should behave.

Xuan Jie is very curious about these completely different ideas and insists on getting to the bottom of everything, making Cang Yu feel like he's fallen into a hole he's dug.

Fortunately, their lives are quite boring and monotonous, there's no very scary moral dilemmas for Cang Yu to explain. Otherwise, he might have to consider whether it'd be more convenient to hang himself with a noodle.

More than ten years passed in the blink of an eye. Xuan Jie got older and grew bigger, nobody could still pinpoint exactly what kind of monster he was. His body was covered with black and red armor. He looked a bit burly and more like a combination of a fox and a unicorn. It can't be called ugly, but it was majestic. It really troubled Cang Yu.

Xuan Jie grew up much faster than ordinary beasts. Even if it was probably innate, Cang Yu was 80% sure it'd due to the Fire Spirit Earthline. Since they've come to practice, the popularity of the Fire Spirit Earthline has slowly declined. In the past, he could feel the heat wave even while standing at the entrance of the cave, but now he doesn't feel hot even walking into the cave.

Although the fire spirit's territory isn't considered to be the territory of the Fox Clan, travelers and other cultivators still visit. Cang Yu doesn't feel guilty about destroying public facilities. He feels relieved seeing Xuan Jie getting stronger and not getting a bad stomach due to eating fire.

Until Chi Shuishui suddenly slapped his forehead one day and asked Xuan Jie if he's learned how to transform.

Xuan Jue isn't the only cub learning how to transform, there's also Chi Luo and Bai Shu.

These two little foxes aren't just old acquaintances of Cang Yu, they're also old acquaintances of Xuan Jie. In addition to their friendship as classmates, they also have the favor of saving the Xuan Jie as an egg. It's the little red fox who's the leader of the five fox cubs and Xuan Jie.

Among the cubs taught by Chi Shuishui, Xuan Jie is the most diligent and courageous, followed by Chi Luo and Bai Shu. Although these two little foxes still have the mentality of children to some extent, they aren't as crazy about pursuing power as Xuan Jie. They're very diligent, and the two foxes have a complete tacit understanding. Although their cultivation is far inferior to Xuan Jie, compared to other cubs, they're really far ahead.

There were no calendars in the mountains. Cang Yu watched Xuan Jie grow up day by day. He didn't feel that he was much older, he only felt that he seemed to be longer and his muscles and bones were much stronger. He could even carry him around. In addition, his curiosity is still heavy, although he's still so reticent.

Rather than Qian Niang treating him as a child, Cang Yu felt more like Xuan Jie was meeting a quiet student in the library, who wasn't big in stature but had a big heart.

Cang Yu himself knew only a little about the demon's transformation. His fox ears and tail could move and retract freely according to his thoughts. As long as he wasn't seriously injured, most of the time it wouldn't show up so he couldn't provide any reference. This led him to have a negative attitude toward the cub. Transformation was indeed  something to be a little curious about, and he cherished the rare few days of vacation without noise. He hesitated for a moment, but finally chose to nor get involved.

If Chi Shuishui suddenly gets brain damage and asks Cang Yu to give his opinion on the transformations of the cubs, Cang Yu would definitely be dumbfounded. If he'd be giving advice, it'd be good results if foxes won't turn to pigs.

What's more, there's no need to be an encyclopedia for Xuan Jie, he doesn't need to rack his brains to make up excuses to show off. Cang Yu can practice freely without worrying about what he did wrong.

It's really nice to pretend to be cool in front of a learning sponge, but it's also very painful. Cang Yu even suspects that if he keeps pretending for a while more, he'll really be act out being a real thousand-year-old fox.

But what was wrong was that Cang Yu completely forgot that there was a Qian Niang at home.

Qian Niang found it very strange that Cangyu would go out at midnight though she wasn't snooping. She even suspected that Cang Yu might've gotten possessed by an owl, but she swallowed her words.

Cang Yu is a good master, taciturn and gentle in temperament. He doesn't take any offense seriously. It's not that Qian Niang hates him. In fact, Qian Niang thinks he is a good demon. She just remains wary of Cang Yu, after all, no one knew where Cang Yu's bottom line was and where his tolerance and indifference stops.

Twenty-nine days after Xuan Jie started learning transforming, Qian Niang finally couldn't hold it in any longer. She nestled in her nest and looked at Cang Yu who was about to reach the fence. She asked desperately, "Cang Yu, Xuan Jie's not at home anymore, why do you still go out every day?"

Sooner or later, I'll die from this mouth of mine.

Qian Niang was praying for herself. In fact, she doesn't really care about Cang Yu's travels during the day, but Cang Yu always went out at night, so he really couldn't blame her for her random musings.

Cang Yu was silent for a moment. He looked at Qian Niang's expressionless bird face, then looked at the full moon in the sky, and replied calmly: "I'm going out to admire the moon."

As soon as he finished speaking, his figure disappeared.

Admire the moon?

Qian Niang looked at the moon in bewilderment. Today's moon is indeed very nice to look at, but was it necessary to go out every day just to watch the moon change from fat to thin to fat?

Could it be that Cang Yu already knew about that?

Qian Niang suddenly became worried, racking her brains desperately to recall whether Cang Yu had shown any abnormality the past few days after Xuan Jie left, but it was useless. In her mind, Cang Yu always seemed to have the same face, same gait, same expression.

Exactly like Xuan Jie.

Thinking of Xuan Jie, Qian Niang got a headache again. It wasn't that she didn't like that child, but he was just so shockingly indifferent. No matter what she tried, she couldn't coax him to say a word. If she hadn't heard him speak with her own ears, Qian Niang would wholeheartedly believe that Xuan Jie was born mute.

Why do these two monsters seem to be carved from the winter wind and snow by God? Will they die if they become happy?

As Qian Niang sighed, the peach blossom tree had finished blooming. Just as the pink and white petals withered and flew away, the thin figure walking the end of the path and disappeared as well.

_____

Once chapters get longer will no longer update 5 chapters. I'll be doing 5000-7000 words so it depends on the word count if each chapter instead