Chapter 023

Qian Niang became a "demon mother" for the first time. Her scars healed and she forgot about the pain. Everything felt fresh. Even if the little beast didn't respond, she didn't care. She took care of it herself and became a mother bird.

Cang Yu was relieved. He was still young and hadn't yet prepared to be a father. It'd be great to have another demon take over the care, not to mention that he still had doubts about the cub.

The demons only came to watch the fun, and soon dispersed. Later that night, Qian Niang took the little beast outside to admire the moon, leaving the fox Cang Yu in the house.

Cang Yu sat by the bed and took off his clothes, taking a closer look under the light of the pearl stone. Sure enough, the burn marks that started from his shoulders to his arms had faded a lot. While sleeping yesterday, Cang Yu felt the heat in his body recede. He thought it was just a sweet dream, but now it seems...

The past few days had been no different from usual. The improvement of his injury might have something to do with that little beast.

He's heard of monsters eating iron and gold, but couldn't remember any monster that could eat burns, let alone the flames of the Chongming bird.

Cang Yu put on his clothes again and was about to go out to watch the moon, when he saw Qian Niang opening her mouth and biting the little beast's ear. Her more demonic features were already vaguely dominant, he was shocked and said, "Qian Niang, what are you doing?!"

This called Qian Niang's soul back, she seemed to wake up from a dream, screaming and crying out in pain: "It hurts...!"

Cang Yu looked carefully and saw that in addition to Qian Niang biting the little beast's ear, the cub was also bitting Qian Niang's wrist and wouldn't let go. However, no matter how you looked at it, it seemed that the cub was acting out to protect itself. Qian Niang hurriedly took her wrist out of the little beast's mouth, but it was already bloody and pulped. The little beast jumped from her arms without saying a word and rushed into the house.

"What were you doing just now?" Cang Yu's expression was uncertain. For the first time, he was a little worried about Qian Niang's danger level.

Qian Nang looked at her wrist in confusion, she held it up her hand and looked at it carefully, murmuring several words like she was fascinated: "Can't you smell it? It smells so good, it makes my mouth water. It's almost dripping down," Suspicious saliva almost overflowed from her mouth, but she quickly came to her senses. She shook her head vigorously, her face suddenly turned pale, "Did I just bite him?"

Cang Yu nodded silently.

"Then... did I scare him?" Qian Niang asked worriedly.

Cang Yu nodded again, immediately frightening Qian Niang. She spread her wings and flew towards the sky.

Humans have human nature, demons have their demonic nature. Cang Yu  is the human soul living in the body of the fox demon. So, influence over many things isn't as great as that of other demons. Naturally, the influence of the Zhuzhao cub on the vast majority of demons isn't too felt. Qian Niang's attraction happened because Qian Niang was hungry in that moment. Demons dare to eat anything when they're hungry. Cang Yu has seen it firsthand, but he isn't too fussy and ran towards the little beast full of doubts.

Maybe it was because he was born on Cang Yu's bed. When the cub returned, he rushed towards the bed. Unfortunately, he was too short. He tried hard for a long time but made no progress, he kept on scratching the foot of the bed.

It wasn't until Cang Yu walked in the door and lifted the cub onto the bed that he was willing to give up.

"Are you mute?" Cang Yu has seen Qian Niang's mouth work. In addition to her poisonous tongue she's also efficient in eating, no matter how strong the insect or snake is, she can break it with one bite. The little beast was bitten so hard by her, but no sound came out. He might've either be a fool or a mute.