Chapter 003

If you traveled through time, would you choose to confront the protagonist?

This problem is like asking: would you travel back in history to confront Qin Shihuang? (T/N: First emperor of China) It's purely seeking death against the will of heaven. Unless the situation's irreversible and really so bad that it's like going against the final boss, then it's a just matter of heaven forcing you to confront its own son/daughter. Aside from a few exceptions, in most cases, hugging the protagonist's thigh is the wiser decision.

So here's another premise: if the protagonist cuckolds you, would you still want to hug her thigh?

Obviously, an uncle can't tolerate it and an aunt won't tolerate it. Just like how a woman can't forgive cheating, a man can't tolerate cuckoldry.

No matter whether this cuckold is placed on the head of the former unlucky eldest brother, or on the head of the current unlucky Cang Yu, it is still a cuckold.

But judging from the current situation, it's a good thing to decisive.

Cang Yu sighed. His injuries have improved a lot recently. Foxes with some status in the fox clan have come to visit him. He can barely remember the main characters, combined with the plot of the novel, his knowledge can be regarded as somewhat satisfactory at least. Thede past few days, in addition to sorting out his thoughts and memories, he's also been thinking about his future plans.

In fact, there were very few things he would ever need to think about, other than his life and how he'd live in the future.

People say: If you want to live a decent life, you must tolerate a little green on your head. (T/N: Head full of green grass = cheated on by their partner, usually men)

But Cang Yu was a true exception. Once he really becomes green, he'll die.

Although the heroine has several devoted lovers, her harem has mo space for Cang Yu. Any male protagonist who admires the heroine without any name or status is called an infatuated supporting actor. If he's famous and has status but isn't welcomed, he's called a villain. And most of the spare tires were only limited in number, but Cang Yu went a step further and became the ultimate cuckold king. He can be regarded as the king among the affectionate male leads.

Early in the novel, the heroine marries Cang Yu for the sake of protection. She was a half-demon, awakening her bloodline many years later. After returning home, she naturally wasn't welcomed by the Great Demons such as the Clan Chief Chun Ge. However, the eldest elder Cang Yu fell in love with her at first sight, and they got married by chance. But they'd only been together for half a year, spring hadn't arrived yet, and they hadn't celebrated their wedding at all.

Of course, life wasn't hopeless. At least Cang Yu is much more beautiful than what's described in the book. As long as this current unfortunate egg doesn't give up and continues to hang himself on this crooked tree (T/N: stubbornly continue to do something that's deemed unhelpful/wrong with little predictable progress), he'll definitely find it no problem finding himself a beautiful love story.

But Cang Yu thought about the sight of Chun Ge chewing on the golden snake.

Uh-- forget it, being single is also fine.

As early as a few days ago, the devoted heroine had began preparing to divorce Cang Yu. If it weren't for a certain Chongming bird coming down Qingqiu and setting fire to the mountain, they both would've been single by now. It's a pity that his unlucky predecessor was completely knocked away by the crazy bird, so he was forced into this shell, and a cuckold was accurately placed on Cang Yu's head at this moment.

The rest wasn't as important. The heroine's a popular black lotus (T/N: pretending to be kind/innocent but actually a scheming and/or shrewd person). She looks innocent and cute on the surface, but is actually very calculating. The troublesome thing is not to divorce her, it's actually Chun Ge, who plays the role of the vicious supporting female lead. She looks shrewd, but is actually a bit silly. Now that Cang Yu's injured, if the heroine Rong Dan brings up divorce, she'll definitely scold the heroine for even thinking about taking advantage of the situation and force her to dispel the thought of separation completely.

Although Cang Yu didn't think the matriarch had brains enough to be a vicious female supporting lead, he sincerely believed that the reason why the matriarch was written as a vicious female supporting character was well-founded.

Therefore, it must be Cang Yu who brings up the matter of peaceful separation.

And how to bring this up so that he doesn't appear to be a heartless scumbag, while still putting the blame on the heroine's head, is an art.

"Great Elder, these are the new fruits I picked today. They're very sweet, would you like to try them?"

Rong Dan came over holding a big lotus leaf, bowing and placing the fruits on the stone table. She looked timid enough, but was generous in her actions. Frankly speaking, the heroine Rong Dan wasn't a very unpleasant girl with the fox tribe's standards. Her skin looked as white as snow, she has a pretty face, with two sweet dimples when she smiles, and her eyes looked charming and naive with a hint of shyness. She really looked like a little wife.

For such a charming and naive girl, the number of people under her skirt was already at least double digits, but the number of people who sleep on her bed was probably closer to one. After all, the matters in the harem were always quite tense.

You have to be responsible where you sleep. From this point of view... Rong Dan was indeed quite responsible.

How queer!

"Thank you."

Cang Yu nodded and took a green fruit from the lotus leaf. Qingqiu was full of spiritual energy, even the plants grew happily and most of the fruits were very sweet. He ate a few, the fragrance lingered and the aftertaste was endless, so he paused and said, "I've asked you to take care of me these past days. You don't have to worry about the things I mentioned that day. I'll talk to Chun Ge in a few more days,"

Rong Dan replied very humbly, here voice was soft and sweet: "Ever since I came to Qingqiu, the Great Elder has been taking care of Rong Dan. His kindness is greatly dear, so for the matters decided by the Great Elder, Rong Dan dare not speak speak."

This is quite true.

You're welcome, if not reincarnated, how can Cang Yu the old cow have the nerve to eat young grass? (T/N: A significantly older person dating someone much younger) He was old enough to be her father

In fact, in the original work, the Great Elder Cang Yu was indeed quite overbearing. He's in love, but always has a cold-faced and a lukewarm attitude. He never says anything to please the heroine, and he never even talks to the girl with sweet words, even helpful things are done behind the scenes. He was originally a very lonely fox with extremely high talents. He was able to turn to his human form very early on. As a fox, he was very noble and cool. Even when spring came, he didn't show off his appearance. He was completely different from the ordinary coquettish vixen. This also made him different from the ordinary coquettish bitches. The two weren't close to each other, and after the separation, they put the blame on his head and allowed the heroine to live happily.

According to the current plot, the heroine was probably already in bed with the main male lead by now, so she's in a hurry to divorce.

  When Rong Dan saw that Cang Yu only ate fruits but said nothing, he became a little bit upset and said, "It's just that the matriarch has never liked me. I wonder if she'll be angry when she learns about this?"

Cang Yu has an aloof temperament, he won't scold her for her words. She wasn't worried about others. She's only worried about the clan leader Chun Ge causing trouble. If the other party was willing to help, there'll be nothing to worry about.

Cang Yu asked back: "In your eyes, is Chun Ge so unreasonable?"

She really is though.

Cang Yu thought for a while and felt that his question was a bit unethical.

Rong Dan was silent for a moment and sneered dryly in her heart, thinking that Cang Yu was deliberately making things difficult. However, it didn't matter if she spoke a few more words. She couldn't directly speak ill of the clan leader, so she smiled bitterly and said, "Rong Dan was just overly concerned," After saying this, a lot of worries magnified in her heart.