Chapter 016

They moved to another place to talk, but there weren't many people left.

Earlier, a few old foxes at the elders' table ran faster than rabbits, trembling on their four legs, saying a few words of apology in old voices and then left immediately, elders almost in name only.

Chun Ge was angry and said impatiently: "Leave! I don't know what use you even have anyway."

She was hundreds of years older than these old foxes, so scolding was natural. She spoke cheerfully for a while, but at this moment she was dumbfounded. A dragon, a phoenix and a few foxes stood there staring at each other, drinking cup after cup of tea. Linyong waited for the master to speak first, but Chun Ge looked at Rong Dan and Linyong, thinking carefully whether she should curse a few times first or pretend to ask a few questions.

Cang Yu didn't have as many worries as she did, so he went straight to the point: "Where did the Chongming Bird come from?"

In fact, there were very few Chongming Birds in this world. It's said that there were only a hundred or so birds left a hundred years ago. A few of them served as officials under the Emperor of Heaven. If the emperor on earth was a virtuous person, they'd be sent to guard the imperial capital. They couldn't leave until the emperor's soul enters the underworld or suddenly becomes a tyrant.

"It's a long story, but does the little god know what happened to the Chongming bird in the end? If it had been buried hastily, I'm afraid it'll reappear in the future," Chun Ge said coldly: "So we stewed it."

"Stewed..." Linyong was a little stunned, after a while he came back to his senses and said with difficulty, "That's... very good."

Jiuzhao laughed loudly: "Think of beautiful wine, jade dew, pearls and emeralds, I've eaten all the delicacies in the world but I haven't been lucky enough to taste this Chongming bird. I wonder how it tastes?"

Several foxes didn't bother themselves and looked at Cang Yu one after another.

"Then what is the origin of the Chongming Bird?" If the situation were different, Cang Yu would be happy to ramble on about a lot of nonsense, but now isn't the time to chatter.

Cang Yu's appearance was already famous, but now he was injured with no trace of blood on his face. Everyone saw that he was very pale and his expression was cold, which made his pair of fox eyes look dark and broody, which made him appear a unintentionally chilling.

Jiuzhao said: "It's quite boring for such a beautiful man to have such a temperament."

Linyong, however, had a different temper than his uncle, and he didn't have many problems. After knowing that they didn't need his help to make up for the damage, he honestly recalled the whole story.

This matter actually has something to do with Linyong, not only with Linyong, but also with Jiuzhao.

Jiuzhao isn't only the sworn brother of the Emperor of Heaven, he has a wide range of friends, and he has a close relationship with two clans of holy beasts, one called Zhuzhao and the other called Youying.

If you ask about these two clans, there's really nothing to say, because there's surprisingly little information about them. For many gods and demons, these two clans could be said to be myths, let alone humans.

It's said that these two clans have existed since the beginning of the world and before the great road was established. Even the Emperor of Heaven had to call them holy gods when he met the head of humans. After that, the four holy beasts became his disciples. The two clan leaders were still living well today, and they may be hundreds of thousands of years old. Probably due to their own strength and longevity, although it's extremely difficult for the two races to reproduce, they don't care much about their offspring. Not only do they not care about the inheritance of the family line as much as ordinary people, they don't even care about the cubs themselves.

In short, the Zhuzhao clan, who had this relatively carefree heart, finally got their repentance.

A Chongming bird became thief, taking desperate risks to steal Zhuzhao's first and only new egg in ten thousand years. He succeeded.

Zhuzhao are very strange holy beasts. They only care about their partners and will only choose one person in their lifetime. In comparison, they don't care about their children or even their parents. In addition to difficulty in reproduction, Zhuzhao's nature is also one of the reasons why this clan is so few in numbers. Although the flames spit out by Zhuzhao as an adult can burn a Phoenix to ashes without chance for resurrection, a young Zhuzhao not only doesn't have such amazing power, but is also actually an excellent health tonic.

The above information comes from the oral accounts of Jiuzhao and Linyong. After one dragon and one phoenix explained the seriousness of the problem, they stared at the foxes of Qingqiu very innocently.

Cang Yu summarized it. To put it simply, after the parents lost their child, they asked uncle phoenix next door to help find them. Phoenix was afraid that something big had happen and started looking for babies in the heavens, which led to his nephew Linyong chasing the kidnapper. The suspect bird arrived at Qingqiu, and after a fight, both sides were injured. The suspect bird would rather die than give in, and crashed into the Qingqiu barrier and Cang Yu. As a result, the whereabouts of the Zhuzhao cub is still unknown, and it also caused Cang Yu to lose her memory and travel through time.

Stewing the culprit into soup was really too light a sentence!

It should've been made into a beggar's chicken!

Cang Yu's face was gloomy, he understood what Lin Yong was going to ask next.

This matter actually wasn't written in the book. According to the original plot, when Lin Yong saw that Rong Dan was about to "die tragically" at the hands of Chun Ge, he took action directly. Chun Ge was furious, naturally they wouldn't talk properly, so it's impossible for them to tell all the details.

However... Cang Yu thought of Linyong's words just now, he felt very relieved about the restorative power of the plot. No matter what, Rong Dan will always go with Linyong, at least it could prove that the plot related to the heroine won't change significantly.

In short, the Chongming Bird, who had just become a cub trafficker, rushed into the Qingqiu without any plan of route. It was already injured, and Linyong had been chasing it for many days. Even if the Chongming Bird wanted to eat the cub, it would probably not be able to do so. Many things point to this, after all, it's a great tonic. What'll happen if you eat it? It needs to be refined before too, there's a high probability that the cub landed alive in Qingqiu.

However, the target is still clear when it's on the Chongming Bird, but it may not be possible if it falls in Qingqiu.

Who knows if it had been eaten already, not to mention that no one knows what Zhuzhao egg looks like. Jiuzhao is also very embarrassed about this, because even he has never ever seen Zhuzhao's true body.

Therefore, the only things Qingqiu can get agree to were these three conditions: "A little monster that may be capable of spitting fireballs, smells good, and probably tastes good."

Is this a joke?

Fortunately, the dragon also knew that such a proposal was too difficult for Qingqiu, so he held back his words and only hoped that Qingqiu would do its best.

If they can really find it, both Zhuzhao and Jiuzhao will owe Qingqiu a big favor.

Chun Ge was very moved, but she was also very realistic, so she didn't have much hope for this matter. She thought about it again and again, and suddenly said: "Alright, I'll naturally send the people to look for it, but as for it's life and death, I'll tell it to you straight. It's good if it's alive, but if it's dead, the monster that ate the Zhuzhao will naturally be left to your disposal. How about it?" Jiuzhao seemed surprised, standing up and bowing, he said solemnly: "Thank you very much, the matriarch is very kind."

Chun Ge smiled and thought to herself: I'm not stupid. It's okay if this kid is alive, if it's really eaten, I don't know what kind of bastard likes eating random sacred beasts like Zhuzhao. If they have the ability to wipe their ass, then it's up to you, Heavenly Palace, to take care of them!