Chapter 029

Because that darned snake spirit, Cang Yu has been housebound and listless, causing serious mental distress to Comrade Cang Yu and friends, which led to a series of tragedies.

In addition to the death of the snake spirit itself at the hands of the fox, it also led to Cang Yu's bottleneck.

The thousand-year-old nine-tailed demon fox finally realized a serious problem while mopping about snake guts. Rather than a gap in strength, what he urgently needed to overcome was a psychological barrier.

When he saw the dragon, he was jealous; when he saw the phoenix, he was envious; when he saw the giant snake, his calves were shaking.

Because he was afraid of encountering something while going out, Cang Yu's only outdoor activity was officially suspended indefinitely. He stayed at home every day, occasionally reading books, and most of the time he devoted himself to cultivation. There's no progress in his strength, and his heart is getting calmer day by day. Even terrifying posture of the giant snake in his memory seems to have disappeared.

Qian Niang didn't care much about Cang Yu. In her opinion, Cang Yu was already weird so it was no news to her.

On the contrary, Xuan Jie has changed a lot since returning from the Fire Spirit Earthline. Chi Shuishui never complained about how stupid the little guy was again, and was complaining about another thing entirely. It'd really be harder to discipline this kid after he became smarter, but that's not the case.

Chi Shuishui couldn't control Xuan Jie most of the time. When the boy was stupid, he wouldn't listen to him. After he became smarter, he couldn't get him to obey. While many cubs were still hunting with Chi Shuishui and lagging behind him, Xuan Jie was already able to hunt on his own. He bit the monster's neck cleanly and neatly, completely unlike a newborn child.

Even if he was a foreign ancient monster, this was too dramatic.

Chi Shuishui was surprised and happy. He was surprised because Xuan Jie had such abilities at a young age, but he was worried that he'd be wild and untamed in the future. He was happy because Xuan Jie was an unknown monster. As long as he grew up well, it'd help Tianhu in the future.

Chun Ge was not as worried as Chi Shuishui. She just felt that since Cang Yu picked it up, she could just leave it to Cang Yu to discipline. Whether it was good or bad was the responsibility of the elder.

It's strange to say, Chi Shuishui and Qian Niang get along with Xuan Jie day and night, and logically speaking, their closeness should be higher than Cang Yu who's been shut-in for a long time. But Xuan Jie doesn't now to this expectation at all. In Qingqiu, only Cang Yu who barely meets him can control him.

This matter started with the first rain of autumn.

Chi Shuishui rarely got angry, which doesn't mean he doesn't get angry, but it means that when he gets angry, most of the time it's terrifying.

Qian Niang still remembers that it didn't rain very much that day. If Xuan Jie hadn't been born, she would have made a hole in the ground. The rain was like strands of a web that a spider hadn't bothered to weave, thin and dense.

Chi Shuishui walked out of the rain curtain with a gloomy face, holding Xuan Jie in hand. Blood was dripping on his arm, and she couldn't tell who it belonged to.

At that time, Qian Niang squinted her eyes and observed carefully for a long time. She was sure that it wasn't Chi Shuishui, because there was not a single wound on his arm. She was shocked, she spread her wings and flew to Chi Shuishui's shoulder, asking him: "Xuan Jie's injured? Is it serious or not?"

"He's not injured," Chi Shuishui's voice was very deep, and colder than the rain. When his golden eyes looked at Qianniang, his eyes had lost their usual hint of joking. He said calmly, "This is mandrill's blood."

Xuan Jie was thrown to the ground, splashing mud. It was so dark that it was hard to tell whether he was dirty or not. He just bowed up and looked at Chi Shuishui and Qian Niang coldly, like he was looking at his enemies.

"We need to talk," Chi Shuishui said, using the tone of a class teacher to a parent of a problem child.

Qian Niang didn't have such experience, but it didn't prevent her from feeling the danger. She thought about it, made a prompt decision, and knocked on Cang Yu's door.

She said calmly: "Talk to Cang Yu."

Cang Yu quickly opened the door and let Xuan Jie and Chi Shuishui into the house. They were both wet from the rain, the water dripped on the ground all the way.

"What happened?" Cang Yu asked. He found two pieces of cloth and threw one to Xuan Jie and the other to Chi Shuishui.

Chi Shuishui looked at Cang Yu, his face became better and he said: "This kid has only been learning for two days— before he ran to disembowel a mandrill," When he said this, he sneered twice to show his dissatisfaction, but it was a pity that his hair was too wet from the rain. He subconsciously started to shake his hair, and he didn't look dignified at all.

Xuan Jie naturally retracted himself into his cloth nest and rubbed against it.

"Oh?" Cang Yu said, "Did he win?"

Chi Shuishui choked and said unwillingly: "We won," He was silent for a moment, "He killed a small one, lured a big one, and was nearly killed. I killed it. If I hadn't won, would I still be able to carry him here?"

Cang Yu knew what Chi Shuishui was angry about when he heard this, he replied slowly: "I understand what you mean."

Chi Shuishui said angrily: "I haven't said anything yet."

Cang Yu looked at him with a half-smile, which coaxed Chi Shuishui to lose his temper. The young fox said gloomily: "If I didn't make it in time next time, he would've lost his life. Forget it, it's..."

Cang Yu nodded and said: "He was reckless."

Chi Shuishui thought for a while after hearing this. Probably thinking of Cang Yu's temper, he explained: "Actually, it's nothing. This kid is disobedient, but he always does this again and again. If I hadn't been able to catch up, he would've been torn apart by mandrills. I'll think of a way tomorrow. He can't be taught like every other kid."

When he said this, he made himself sound not as angry anymore. Xuan Jie was indeed impulsive and disobedient, but this kid actually killed a mandrill!

This was said clearly, teaching students in accordance with their aptitude couldn't be better. Cang Yu silently praised twice in his heart without showing it on his face. He just said to Chi Shuishui, "Thank you for your hard work."

It seems that he was being scolded by Cang Yu. Qian Niang was a little curious, but unfortunately she couldn't fly fast on a rainy day and couldn't catch up with Chi Shuishui's speed. She could only fly to the window lattice and peer around for a while, she saw Cang Yu lowering his head to pack something, and the cub huddled motionless on the ground. The atmosphere didn't look very harmonious.

Qian Niang secretly screamed in her heart that it was terrible. She couldn't just watch Xuan Jie being punished, so she flew back to her nest, covered her eyes and ears with her wings, and pretended that she knew nothing.

Rebel against Cang Yu? What a joke.

Isn't that seeking death?

Qian Niang took out three round fruits from under her belly and thought sincerely: Just think of these as compensation for failure to save little Xuan Jie. He'll definitely understand me.