Chapter 009

When Cang Yu woke up, there was no one taking care of him. Fortunately, he had been moved from the sun to a room, otherwise he would've been tanned fox leather by then.

The sun is quite bright today.

It was noisy outside, there were probably around three or four people talking. Cang Yu laid down for a while, trying to regain some strength, and then sat with his body propped up. This house was simple and crude, with no doors to the inner and outer rooms, only a gauze curtain to cover it and a screen. A figure was soon projected on the screen, and there was no noise outside, everyone rushed in.

Two men and two women, from left to right were Rong Dan, the Great Witch, Chishui Shuishui, and Chun Ge. The Great Witch was the only doctor in Qingqiu. This fox lived in seclusion and originally studied divination. Later, he went down the mountain, suffered serious injuries and returned. In Qingqiu, he became a good doctor after suffering long illness. If the foxes had a bad stomach, most of them would go to him to get some herbs. Cang Yu only saw him once, the moment he woke up.

He vaguely remembered him being called Tang Fu.

"I won't die from this, why do you all look so grave?" Cang Yu said calmly, his expression was as steady as an old fox, but he was actually panicking. The plot didn't say that he would have this hiccup. Damn, even though the former main character no longer conforms to the plot, and has rode off into the sunset, was his injury really so serious that he has to die?

Chi Shuishui was stunned for a moment, he smiled and said: "It's strange, Cang Yu you can actually joke at a time like this. Hey, you should continue to suffer from this amnesia thing, so as not to become as boring again- ouch!"

He was caught off guard and received a blow on the head, when he looked angrily, he saw the flames burning in Chun Ge's eyes, so he shrank his neck, coughed twice, pretending that nothing happened.

Tang Fu shook his head, sitting next to Cang Yu, and saying worriedly: "It's hard to recover from this injury. Chi Shuishui is talking without-"

"Don't call me Chi Shuishui!"

"Chi Shuishui found white scales. A dragon has been here, I'm afraid..." Tang Fu paused and continued without changing his expression, it seemed obvious that it was intentional, "You also know that Chi Shuishui has the best nose among us all, he's unlikely to make mistakes. The Chongming Bird might just be the beginning, I don't know if something had happened in the Heavenly Court, ae were just discussing what to do. Cang Yu, you usually have the best ideas, what do you think we should do?"

Damn, Cang Yu was also an auxiliary and military advisor.

It's hard for Cang Yu to tell Tang Fu that the White Dragon came after the Chongming Bird. The main goal of the plot right now is to make the White Dragon sleep with his ex-wife. Now that the bird had been stewed and the fox has also been put to a coma, there's really no bigger conspiracy. He sighed softly, knowing that the truth was like this, but unable say it like that. So he subconsciously looked at the female protagonist who looked a little restless, wondering if Qingqiu had a place where they could talk more seriously, than just finding a place to chat. Isn't it inappropriate to deal with such a major matter concerning the life and death of a race, and not guard against outsiders?

This is what Cang Yu thinks as a human being. Humans like to fight, but the Fox clan is different. Since they are the same clan, they are of the same spirit. At most, Rong Dan would be more afraid to escape Qingqiu after hearing this. If she had this ability, she might be able to flee from Chun Ge's paws on time.

But Rong Dan's heart tightened when she saw his eyes glance over at her. His eyebrows were charming, but his gaze felt so cold that it penetrated her heart.

She didn't feel guilty doing it at the time, but now it felt like a shadow hanging over her head.

Does the Great Elder know? If he knows, why doesn't he tell...

Rong Dan had no expression, her face still hung low, like she was just an insignificant decoration.

"Is he really the Dragon God?" Cang Yu coughed twice and asked.

Chi Shuishui nodded and said: "The spring god from the ninth heaven in the sky. Ordinary snakes don't have such a strong aura. I can also smell some dragon blood. That kid looks honest, but I feel uneasy. After all, he's a little dragon, but I feel like he isn't as kind or reliable as the previous holy beast Lord Qinglong. Could it be that he wants to pretend to be injured and frame Qingqiu? Give his father an excuse to send troops to clean up all of us Qingqiu?"

Cang Yu was amused by Chi Shuishui's words. He smiled and said, "Have you been to the human world these past two months?"

Cang Yu rarely showed a smile. Now that he's seriously injured, his smile looks like a melting glacier. It was incredibly touching and just as graceful. Everyone just felt like their hearts had been lightly tickled by a feather, it was so soft that they couldn't describe it.

"How did you know?" Chi Shuishui asked curiously after calming down, but he was still more curious.

He felt like he was suddenly in a palace strategy book.

"The Heavenly Court is high in the ninth level of the sky, and there are countless demons and demons that can be killed on weekdays, so how can they be interested in a small Qingqiu," Cang Yu lamented in his heart that there was no one else to call upon in Qingqiu, they actually wanted a sick person to come out and fight. But if he thought about it carefully, he felt that he had the demeanor of a strategist now, so he was very honest and devoted, "You weren't born when Lord Qinglong became a saint, how do you know that he's really kind and reliable?"

This matter is written in the book. Not long after the beginning of Mengchu, the four holy beasts had already achieved greatness, and they weren't in the same era as them at all.

Tang Fu then asked: "So in your opinion, he just passed by by chance?"

As soon as he finished speaking, Chun Ge immediately said: "It's definitely not by chance. He's been hiding in Qingqiu for more than half a month."

As a young man who was the victim of a flash marriage. Divorce is indeed no joke, half a month can be worth more than a lifetime.

Cang Yu felt as sour as a lemon. He's been single for many years, but there's no beautiful young lady with whom he can settle down with in half a month and immediately start a relationship.

Qingqiu's so big, and the Dragon God deliberately hid. It's true that no one would be able to find traces. Cang Yu wanted to say this, but then he thought about it. If he says no, Chun Ge wouldn't plan to investigate, so who could help? Thinking that he was scolding the heroine for being shameless, he said: "But we still have to guard against this matter, so I might as well investigate it. That Chongming bird came by chance, but it might've also come to look for the Dragon God, it's better for Qingqiu to be careful."

"If this is really the case..."

"If it is really the case, I'll beat the sky drum and ask for an audience!" Chun Ge suddenly stood up, her pupils suddenly turned dark gold, as bright as a hundred watts lightbulb. She snorted and walked out.

Tang Fu was a doctor and a magic diviner. Although he was involved in such things related to Qingqiu, he basically obeyed the boss's arrangements. He helped Cang Yu lie down again and said warmly: "You're tired."

Cang Yu heard this and felt that it was a little weird, thinking secretly that this seemed like something to say to a new mother after giving birth.

Chi Shuishui took out a live rabbit from his bag and asked: "By the way, I caught it this morning. Fortunately, it didn't die yet. This one is very fat. Do you want to take a bite now?"

"......" Cang Yu sighed, "No need, I really am a little tired."

Chi Shuishui wanted to say something else, but Tang Fu had already stood up and pushed him out. He was really unwilling to give in, and kept shouting and bragging about the fat rabbit he catched as he walked.

Rong Dan did not leave.

____

This introduction should be over in a few more chapters and the real plot should start soon