Chapter 013

Cang Yu really wanted to improve the heroine's integrity, but unfortunately he never had the time.

Not only did Rong Dan wonder who the ghost at the door was, but Cang Yu also wanted to break open her beak. He had to drink the medicine in a hurry and send away Rong Dan who was full of doubts. Only then did he have time to talk to his maid.

Because the shocking scene at the beginning was too impactful, Cang Yu spent half an hour mentally preparing himself, before finally having the courage to open the door.

As soon as he opened the door, he saw Qian Niang sticking her butt out and looking for bugs all over the ground. She was originally half human and half bird. She probably felt it was inconvenient, so she turned a nose and mouth into a beak and took out a big chubby caterpillar. When she saw Cang Yu standing at the door, she straightened up and rushed over excitedly.

"Cang Yu! There are so many bugs in the soil here!"

It was difficult for a bird's beak to speak, so Qian Niang immediately turned back into a human mouth. The caterpillars flicked on her mouth, and her lips moved slightly, like she was chewing the bug.

Cang Yu almost fainted and closed his eyes. Fortunately, he was still strong enough, but the blood on his face had faded and turned a bit pale. He said weakly: "You..."

"Don't be afraid, I've dug this dirt and can put it back later. If you think it’s too ugly, I still have some flower seeds on my body that you can plant. It won’t be too ugly then,” Qian Niang looked at the mess of the ground and felt a little guilty, so she scratched her head with her wings and whispered, "How about... I plant it now?"

Cang Yu raised his fingers and stroked his forehead, pretending to be calm and saying: "Do what you will, but... don't make it too unsightly. As for that plate think of it as a gift from me, don't put it back."

Qian Niang nodded like a fool: "I understand, I understand!"

Normally, Cang Yu would've wondered why Qian Niang seemed to have changed overnight. However, the impact he received today was too great. For a moment, his thoughts were confused. He just wanted to go back and sleep all day without having to face reality. Cang Yu thought for a while and felt that she probably had nothing to say, and then said: "I have to rest for a while. If there's any visitors, just deal with them for me."

"You can trust me!" Qian Niang patted her chest, full of cheer.

Cang Yu returned to his warm little bed in despair. When he closed his eyes, he immediately felt the attraction of sleep.

There was everything in this dream, except for the girl eating bugs and the girl eating live snakes.

Cang Yu breathed a long sigh of relief and fell into a sweet dream.

Qian Niang didn't think carefully about what to plant. She just flew on the soil and shook her body, shaking out all the seeds hidden under her feathers. If it could survive, it would be great. If it couldn't survive, it was because it didn't want to live. When she was done, she felt that nothing had gone wrong, so Qian Niang returned to her nest to guard.

The nest had been set up as early as midnight. The difficulties faced by ordinary birds weren't a problem for Qian Niang. Although she couldn't fully transform into a human being, but her half-human, half-bird appearance makes her more comfortable. The nest was neither big nor small. Qian Niang put the plate under her belly, squatting down on it, chewing the leaves, and began to think deeply.

Before she was caught, her life was very simple; after she was caught, her life wasn't much trouble.

In the demon clan, it's normal for the little demon to follow the big demon, not to mention that the demon who has been reduced to food has no right to resist.

Qian Niang wasn't sad about leaving the clan. To put it bluntly, she's actually quite happy that she followed Cang Yu. There were many demons in Qingqiu, but those who can kill the Chongming Bird and survive intact weren't many. Just one, in fact. Following such a big monster, she'll be able to do great things in the future- ah no, the powerhouse bird-fox was just around the corner.

However, Cang Yu, this big monster, was really weird.

Not only is he gentle, but he also likes to eat vegetarian food.

Since he's vegetarian, he definitely won't like eating eggs. So if you don’t tell him, it shouldn’t be considered doing something bad, right?

People’s adaptability are amazing.

It was as if Cang Yu was used to being a fox, used to losing his memory, used to Chun Ge eating live snakes in front of him, and also used to getting up early every day and watching Qian Niang eat her protein.

He was even able to talk and laugh with Qian Niang calmly.

However, this adaptation process also took nearly a month. There has been no progress in the Dragon God matter. He heard that Chi Shuishui hung outside Chun Ge's nest for three full days, and then never came back to play with Cang Yu. Maybe he was afraid. Rong Dan came every day, always bringing medicine. Qian Niang didn't stop her, but she didn't like her very much. Once Cang Yu finished drinking the medicine and was really curious, so he asked Qian Niang.

Unexpectedly, Qian Niang, who had been talking softly for more than half a month, asked him hesitantly: "You're asking me?"

"Yes, I'm asking," Cang Yu nodded and didn't know what Qian Niang was thinking.

Qian Niang finally relaxed and said with joy: "That little girl has no breasts, no buttocks, a figure like a flat plate, and looks like a half-broken hibiscus. She's has a good attitude but there's no men in her family. I heard that you once had a relationship with her. You've been married, but there's no comparison between the two of you. If I had been in her shoes, I would've snatched you head-on. You can see that my brain isn't very sharp. I have no appearance, no talent, no brains, and I don’t even have a charming figure. Why did you even marry her? You clear her!"

Fortunately, Rong Dan wasn't here at the moment, otherwise she would've been furious after hearing such words. Cang Yu was so frightened that he was only able to reply after a while, "You talk too harshly."

"It's her who brought it upon herself... I couldn't have said it more harshly," Qian Niang said dismissively, "It's better to leave it at that. I heard that you two have been married for half a year, but you haven't even laid an egg, let alone a nest, which shows that she's destined to be childless. When picking flowers and eating melons, you have go choose the good ones. Rong Dan is not one of them. People say that bad luck is contagious, I don’t want to be struck by the God of Plague."

Childless can be considered a curse word not only in ancient times, but also in modern times. It's almost like scolding someone for having no children or grandchildren. In fact, this isn't something to blame on Rong Dan. She's a reverse harem protagonist, and she can't indulge in the trivial matters of milk powder and diapers. And of course, they can't afford to raise children at this time. As for her and the elder, the marriage was in name only. If anything really had been born, it won't only be a cuckold, but also a leek growing on the forehead.

Cang Yu nodded silently, seeming to agree with Qian Niang's words, which made Qian Niang swell with pride. Although she was still a bird, she couldn't help but puff up her plump chest and swing her little head proudly.

"I've thought about it, you'd better talk even less in the future," Cang Yu said softly.

It's indeed cruel to Qian Niang to not let her speak freely; but if she's allowed to speak freely, then it'd be cruel to the world.

It's better for one bird to suffer than for everyone to suffer.

"Gah——?"

Qian Niang was confused.