Chapter 26

Collins P.O.V.

I woke up in someone's arms, but to my amazement I wasn't in a hospital bed. At least my favorite person in the whole universe was holding me, Liam. I didn't completely open my eyes because I was enjoying him stroking my hair, and doing the same to my hand. Liam was also humming a peaceful tune as I lied on his lap. Then all at once the thought rampage began out of no-where:

Mrs. Winters had died.

I had passed out.

Then the worst thought of all came hurling into my mind causing me to shoot up like a bottle rocket.

Macy was dead.

Tears started rolling down my face one after another, and at a steady pace. I looked at Liam who had blood shot eyes with a tear stained face just like the others in the room. Liam immediately enveloped me in his arms and the water works just began rolling like Niagara Falls. The entire waiting room was silent which was odd, everyone was so quiet and still. I pushed away from Liam's hold on me and looked at everyone; they were all staring at me. Then finally, my mother spoke up.

"Collins are you alright?" my mother asked so calmly and softly.

"NO! Do I look alright? My best friend was fine one second and dead the next! Would someone please explain this to me!" I lashed out screaming at my mother.

"She had some internal bleeding they didn't know about Collins," my mother said trying to give me a hug but I just pushed away.

The only person I wanted to hug me right now was Macy and that'll never happen again.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3 Days Later

School was starting again tomorrow and I've decided that I was going to quit all my sports. I embarrassed myself anyway running off to 'get' Liam. I mean I blew my chances of getting into a college on an athletic scholarship so I will just stick to academics. Today was also the day of Macy's funeral. My mom called and asked where Mrs. Winters was going to be buried, but they said she was going to be cremated. This Christmas break had been the worst time of my life and I wouldn't have been able to make it these last couple of days without Liam. 

"Hey, you ready to go?" Liam asked entering my room looking quite hot dressed in a black tux.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied standing up from my bed and walking over to Liam.

"You look very pretty Collins," Liam said making me blush a deep red.

I didn't look pretty, I had mascara already running down my face; I was still flattered though.

We exited my bedroom and walked out of the house hand in hand to my hummer. My parents and sister had already left to go to the funeral home to help set some stuff up. Liam and I stayed behind a little while longer, because the less time I had to be in the funeral home the better.

The other boys got to the funeral home extra early to set up and sing a cover of Brad Pasiley's song 'When I get Where I'm Going' during the visitation. Poor Niall had not been taking Macy's death easily at all. They had preformed the other night in Mississippi and Niall broke down in tears three different times on stage. School would not be the same without Macy. Who am I kidding LIFE will not be the same without Macy.

"Are you alright Collins?" Liam asked looking at me worriedly as we were driving down the road.

"Just thinking, that's all," I said back with a weak smile to make him feel not so worried.

"Well we are here Collins," Liam said sadly. "Are you gonna be okay?" 

"I'll be fine go help the boys Liam," I commanded and kissed him on the cheek goodbye.

He left me outside the funeral home which was right by the cemetery where my best friend would be buried a couple of hours from now. I decided to go into the funeral home and see Macy just once and tell her goodbye forever. 

"It's not goodbye forever," Liam said giving me a hug from behind.

"I know but forever on earth," I pointed out causing him to giggle.

"She looks so peaceful," I admitted with tears welling up in my eyes.

"Very," Liam said laughing weakly.

I felt a tear drop on my neck; Liam was crying. He had been so strong for me and now it was his turn to break, and fall apart. I turned around and hugged Liam tightly, and we said our last goodbyes to Macy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We all made our way out to the cemetery where Macy was now. Niall was crying hysterically and so were Macy's parents. I decided to be strong and not cry for a while, because if Liam saw me cry he would too. The boys sang very well, but Niall broke down crying half way through the song. Also, during visitation 'the media' had tried to get in, but Paul wouldn't let them in! --- Go Paul! ---

This was it they were lowering Macy down into the ground. Liam saw me tense and grabbed my hand to comfort me; this is when I came apart she was officially gone.

"Liam, can we take a break for a little while?" I had said the unexpected which made Liam break down in tears as well.

"I just don't think I can go through with a relationship right now," I confessed with tears rolling down my face.

"If you wan't some time...then I guess so," Liam said kissing my hand.

"This came out of no-where, I know... I just need some time Liam," I continued, but he just nodded his head.

I stood up and started to walk away towards my car, but Harry had caught up with me and grabbed my hand to stop me.

"What Harry?" I asked sternly spinning around and yanking my hand out of his.

"Did you just break up with Liam?" he asked with a smile growing on his face.

"I can't be in a relationship right now Harry, I just wanna be left alone," I argued at Harry trying to give him a hint that I wanted to be left alone.

Harry looked at me with hurt in his eyes which caused him to back away from me. I shook my head with shame and just walked away to my car.

Hey Guys! Sorry I know this is not a very exciting Chapter but it has a reason! PLEASE ADD, COMMENT, OR VOTE!

XX

Shy