Chapter 39

Collins P.O.V.

 Night of Graduation

We have been getting ready for graduation all day. I had been waiting to get my cap and gown on for the past hour. "Okay next," Mrs. Jenkins called grabbing a hat. 

"Collins would you please hold still?" Mrs. Jenkins questioned me, then gave me the "stink eye". 

"Sorry Mrs. Jenkins that cap is just really tight!" I shrieked as she basically squeezed my brains out.

"That one fit?" Mrs. Jenkins asked with hope in her eyes, and to make her day I just nodded and smiled through the pain. "Great, next please!" she bellowed for Liam to come and get his hat. Liam jumped a little at Mrs. Jenkins' manly voice calling him (it was funny). 

"Gosh every time she talks to me I think it's a man!" Liam whispered loudly to me as he approached me. "I know," I laughed, then we made our way over to the gowns to find ours.

"Are you excited?" Liam asked trying to start up a conversation as we were rummaging through the tons of piled up gowns to find ours.

"Actually, I'm pumped! I'm ready to ditch this place and start living life a little!"  

I saw Liam smirk at my cheesy reply...

"Alright, does everyone have all their things together?" Mrs. Jenkins asked us all worriedly. 

"Yes Mrs. Jenkins," the entire class of 2013 called back to her. "Good, now go say hi to your families before graduation begins here in a little bit."

Liam and I both sprinted off the stage to find our friends and families. Liam's mother and father were able to attend tonight, which was kind of scary because I wanna make a good first impression.

"Uh, mom and dad this is Collins my girlfriend," Liam said shyly introducing me to his parents.

Both of his parents stood up from their seats and enveloped me into a huge hug. "Very nice to meet you finally," Karen said breaking apart from our hug. "Same to you," I replied shaking his fathers' hand with my sweaty one. 

Once that awkward hello was over I left Liam alone to talk to his parents. I decided to go and talk to my mom and dad while we were waiting for graduation to begin. 

'I took a trip to the year 3000', 

Stupid phone... who is this unknown number?

Just out of curiosity I accepted it.

"Uh, hello?" I questioned the person on the other end of the phone line suspiciously.

"Hi, is this Collins Taylor I'm speaking with?" a thick, deep British accent asked.

"This is she," I responded still not sure who this was...

"This is Simon, I'm calling about your demo," he continued.

Oh my gosh I completely forgot about that; I ran off into the girls bathroom so I could hear better. 

"Yes sir?" I asked nervously.

"I really did like it Collins, and I would like to sign you to my record label, you could start off touring around the world just to get you out there," Simon added.

Trying to be as calm as possible I responded, "Thank you so much sir."

"So, is it a deal?" Simon asked. "Of course!" l replied a little to happily. "Alright then, you and your guardians will have to come down to the studio and Phil will sign you Collins," Simon said nicely.