Chapter 4: Awkwardness Thy Name Is Porter

Outside The Main Building, Timber Creek School Of Fine Arts, Wakefield, U.S.A...

    First impressions had been the damnedest thing as Porter Fulton found himself moving about the vast campus of his new school still as clueless as he'd been during his first arrival. He had been walking quite a bit before running into an apparent student aid making her rounds along the campus happily assisting lost students and new students alike. She'd been quite the artistic type given that she seemed to favor her dark tie-dye shirt and blue streaks that lined her dark locks. She had green eyes when seen up close and looked to be about Porter's age despite her vast experience with the college.

"Hey, you look lost, can I offer you any assistance?" she asked with a cheery smile despite her appearance.

"I am lost and relatively new here," admitted Porter pleased that someone had been of the mind to help him. "I've just come from bungalow 13 and got a bit turned around when looking for my first class."

The blue-haired girl seemed to be quite shocked when he mentioned coming from bungalow 13 as if it had been some odd thing despite being right there on campus with the rest of the school lodging.

"You're really from bungalow 13?" she said looking him over as if he'd been a novelty item. "And you openly admit it?"

"Uh yes?" replied Porter who was even more confused than before he met her. "Is that some sort of problem?"

The blue-haired girl simply smiled and shook her head.

"No, it's no problem at all, unless you like the smell of piss and the decor of a wild animal," she replied. "I'm sure you had a howling good time your first night in."

Porter arched a brow at this getting that it might have been some sort of inside joke due to her experience, but he was much too annoyed to try and sort it out.

"Never mind." said the blue-haired girl shaking her head. "Geez you're a tough one to make laugh, anyway what class are you scheduled to attend for the first period?"

Porter sighed as he fiddled with the paper that gave him instructions for his first class's location.

"It says something about going to the gym I don't remember signing up for anything of the sort, my interest is purely in academic aspects like English Literature or foreign language study, maybe even a bit of science," he said looking over the paper as he showed it to the blue-haired girl.

"Sorry to say, but the gym is standard first-period class when you're coming from bungalow 13." said the blue-haired girl with a look of pity filed across her pale face. "At least you'll know someone in your first class, your bunkmate is probably already there."

Porter felt his heat sink into the pit of his stomach. He had never been much for sports and even less interested in watching them growing up and now he had been forced in a sense to attend gym class due to his living arrangements which had not even been by choice.

"Well at least there's that," he said with a sigh.

"Your class is across the old field and south of where the bungalows are located." said the blue-haired girl taking a bit of pity on him. "Cheer up it probably won't be as bad as you think."

"That's easy for you to say, you don't have first-period gym," replied Porter resolving himself to make the trek to his first class, even with it being gym he still wanted to attempt to make a good impression, just in case it carried over to the other classes on his public record.

Porter Fulton adjusted his glasses and moved toward the place where the blue-haired girl pointed out south of the bungalows he'd just left and toward the massive structure, he'd neglected to see beforehand.