Chapter 19: The Implications Of The Knotting Tree

The Deep Woods, Outskirts Of Timber Creek School Of Fine Arts, Wakefield, U.S.A...

         Thunderous beating from the heart of a rather unkempt and wild-looking Conway Rollins seemed to get the undivided attention of a shaken but not at all broken Porter Fulton who had been quite fed up with his trek into the deep woods. He had lost sight of his class and knew next to nothing about navigation as far as the numerous and vastly similar-looking trees shrouded in near-total darkness had been concerned. Conway's blue eyes took in the sight of Porter Fulton as his nostrils flared with the scent of the woods and the desperate younger werewolf's scent as he glared at him through the shadow of the trees. He seemed oddly hopeful, possibly due to him finally getting a whiff of his abrasive natural scent on the wind.

Conway had been moving before his mind could tell him otherwise, getting him closer and closer to where Porter had been unable to shift his weight for fear of putting it onto his swollen ankle. He had not known what came over him but it was as if he could feel Porter's fear as palpable as his own concern as he moved and kneeled down beside him amid the looming trees and crackling twigs in the distance.

"Port?" he said looking over the timid new arrival for the first time since he'd taken off from class to run off his aggression.

"C-Conway," said Porter grateful to see him.

"What happened?" asked Conway his nostrils flaring as he tried his best to keep control of himself despite the intoxicating scent of vanilla hitting him full-on and causing his body to become ablaze with an unquenchable heat.

Forcing his wolf brain to take a moment to relax, Conway opted for surveying the area and then Porter for further damages. His attempts had not been without difficulty, as his body still reacted to being in such close proximity to the younger werewolf and his lovely scent had not been helping matters much.

Despite the semi-darkness that surrounded them, Porter had done his best to keep from staring at Conway and his massive shoulders as he moved to lift him off the ground. He couldn't get the angle right for what he was attempting and sighed.

"Port, you're gonna have to put your arm around me," he instructed the rather timid-looking younger werewolf, leaning down to scoop him into his waiting arms.

"I-I..." began Porter his own nostrils flaring as he took in the familiar scent of Conway that had reminded him of the scent of fresh spring rain when he'd still been in his hometown and had the house all to himself, it was the happiest day of his life and the rain had been an added bonus.

"You can trust me," said Conway evenly. "Put your arm around my neck and let me get you out of here."

Porter nodded after looking into Conway's rather hypnotic blue eyes. He had his fill of the woods for the time being and then there was the issue with his ankle being twisted. He sighed and allowed himself to trust his hulking brute of a roommate if only to get out of the woods. Conway had been unsurprisingly strong and lifted Porter's more petite frame with ease and the younger werewolf couldn't help but melt into his embrace feeling his beat beat against his chest and the scent he loved so much fill his nostrils as they flared in recognition.

Conway seemed to have been affected by their close proximity as well his arousal was evident despite his determination to see to Porter's welfare first and foremost. He moved quickly, holding Porter across his arms as if he'd been a newlywed bride as the ailing younger lad rested his head against his chest, more involuntarily on his part as Conway had been so massive in terms of his chest size and how easily he handled Porter.

The ailing younger lad found himself given to a sensation he had tried his best to ignore as the scent of Conway continued to ease his fears of being out in the woods. He felt lighter than air as Conway moved through the trees as if had been merely second nature.

If given the choice, Porter had considered if he might have wanted to stay in Conway's arms for the remainder of the day given how comfortable he felt with his embrace being reassuring even in the worst of times for him. He'd been the first person that Porter Fulton had ever fully trusted in his entire life. Conway finally reached the end of the trail, lagging behind the other wolves as they made their way to the meeting spot where Tradition dictated they would all meet once their run through the woods had been completed.

Porter had been surprised to see Owen right there with the other wolves with his arms folded across his chest, as he glared in Conway's direction for a moment before shifting his focus to Mr. Fowler who looked back and forth between Conway and Porter before rushing to greet them.

"I was beginning to think you two would never come out of that forest," he said relieved that all his students had been present and accounted for at last.

"He twisted his ankle on some roots a ways back," said Conway outright, despite the apparent embarrassment that had filed across Porter's face.

"Found the old knotting tree did you?" asked Mr. Fowler with a smirk.

"Knotting tree?" asked Porter with an arched brow.

Conway rolled his eyes.

Mr. Fowler looked Porter over and tussled his hair as if he'd been a little kid.

"With a bit of rest you'll be up and about in no time," he said casually. "Sleep off the remainder of the day and you'll be good as new, take him to bunk down will ya sport?"

"Sleep it off?" asked Porter confused and more than a bit outraged by the casual treatment of his injured ankle.

Conway smirked noting that Porter hadn't been used to being a werewolf as of yet.

"You'll heal with some rest like nothin' ever happened," he explained easing Porter's rage a bit.

Once Mr. Fowler made his way back to the rest of the class, Conway continued to hold Porter in his arms, opting to carry him back toward their shared bunk as per their instructor's request.

Owen didn't seem all that amused by the situation of Conway carrying Porter nor the issue of them ending up at the fable Knotting Tree in the deep woods. He had known all too well why it was referred to as such and it only made him seethe all the more.

The old tree had been dubbed due to the frequent number of wolves that found their mates at that tree prior to the announcement of it by the lunar gathering where one became Moon-kissed. He had been mateless for years since attending school and noting the other pairs and so had Conway despite their continued physical affair behind closed doors with and without him going into heat cycles.

Owen watched as Porter clung to Conway as they walked chatting away back toward the bungalows as if nothing had been going on but he was convinced that there was, something that he'd been dreading ever since he met Porter Fulton.

Turning his attention back to class, Owen had made up his mind that even if the tree had been correct this time and if they were kissed by the moon once the lunar event occurred, he would find a way to put a stop to it. After all, he'd been in love with Conway for years and taking his cock for longer, there was no way he'd allow a new arrival to claim what rightfully belonged to him, even if that rival had been a clueless sod like Porter Fulton.