𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

"Alright class, that's all for today!"

I'm not sure whose twisted idea it was to put hundreds of adolescents in underfunded schools run by people whose dreams were crushed a long time ago... But I admire the sadism.

Just kidding-

The moment the bell rang, I was so outta this shitthole. A place no one would ever call their home. A place I never belonged in amongst those I never bothered fitting in with... One may call it 'school'... But I believe that the universal term for it is hell.

"Oh, Ms. l/n!" The moment I heard that annoying squeak for a voice, i froze dead in my tracks, shutting my eyes tight. "Ms. l/n, wait for me!" Cries Ms. Jenkins, my Math teacher. I was hoping she wouldn't notice me, but I guess I wasn't discrete enough.

Turning back, flashing her my best fake-smile, I act as if I didn't see her. "Yes?" I ask. "I just wanted to let you know... The essay I gave to everyone else- you don't have to do it." She says. "Oh, neat!" I smile, turning away, only to be called back again by her.

"It's because the essay is about your happiest memory with your family." She starts.

"And I know that under the given circumstances, it must be very hard to be happy." She reminds me for the 52nd time today. "I don't need specific circumstances to be sad. You could make me a billionaire overnight, and I'll still find something to be sad about." I shrug, playing it cool.

"I know, I know..." She mumbles. "It's just- I can't imagine how hard it must've been for you to love your father like that. At such a young age!" She sighs. "I mean, I'm 36, whether I look like it or not, and still don't know what I would do if my father died." She scoffs.

"Let's just hope you don't find out." I continue smiling, balling up my fist, my nails digging into my skin. "I sure pray so too! Death is a very sad thing..." She frowns. "You don't say." I clench my jaw, trying my best to not crack open her skull with the spoon in my pocket right now.

Wait, why do I even have a spoon in there?

"Anyway, I won't keep you long. You've got other assignments to do." She smiles, changing the topic. "I just wanted to know that you have been pardoned from my assignment." She adds. "Why do we even have an essay in math?" I then ask, rather annoyed now.

"That doesn't make sense-" I scoff.

"It does make sense. Especially when you're an underpaid public school teacher surrounded by disrespectful, depressing teenagers who do nothing but feel like shit, and impose their moods and ideologies up on everyone they lay their predatorial eyes on, and then proceed to give them a tough time should they not concur blindly to everything that has been said!" She rants.

Bro just described my entire life story in one sentence-

"Oh, uh... I'm sorry?" I reply, still comprehending that. "No need to apologize. If anything, I should be the one apologizing for bringing up unpleasant memories." She sighs. "With you know, your late-father..." She reminds me ONCE AGAIN.

"Yeah, now you've said it. Thanks." I say with a blank expression, walking away, leaving the annoying ass bitch whose eyeballs I wanted to pluck, behind. What is wrong with that woman? She has been like this since for like... ever. Forever.

Heading towards the washroom, I quickly wash my face, not letting her nonsensical words get to me, and smile at my reflection. "I am happy. I am healthy. I am wealthy. I am pretty... I do not let blatant toxicity get to me, and I will marry Harry Styles's long lost Mafia Boss son someday." I assure myself, calming down soon after.

I decided to stay in here for a while, as I went through my phone, and just ignored all the texts I had received from everyone I knew ever since the... incident. I know they mean well, but I'd much rather not get there. Not now, not ever.