𝟙𝟝.

"Shit- That's my mom... I gotta go!"

Startled by her call, I just hope she didn't see me yet. Especially since she warned me about the very boy I was currently having a pleasant tea-party with. "Uh oh, hope she didn't spot me. Wouldn't wanna get hit with a shrapnel now, would I?" He chuckles wryly, ducking from site.

"You've met?" I ask, tensing up a little. "Yeah, who do you think had to carry you back due to lack of signal in the middle of the woods?" He scoffs. Oh, now that explains why my mom reacted that way. The two were already acquainted... And possibly at the worst time possible.

"Hey um, if you really want more updates on the situation... I could just text you." He then suggests before I could leave. "Yeah, sure." I smile, playing it cool but totally freaking out inside. "Here, lemme give you my number." I type the digits in his phone.

HE ASKED ME FOR MY NUMBER. MY NUMBER. MY. FUCKING. NUMBER. At last I can die happily-

"I'll see you around." He smiles, going back to his spot as I waved him goodbye, walking out the cafe now, bumping into Wednesday. Shit- As glad as I was to see her, now was really not a good time. My mom's gonna kill me, isn't she?

"Where are you going?" Asks the raven. "Probably home... My mom's in the car, waiting." I sigh, not looking forward to it. "Don't you wanna join me and Atlas for our investigation?" She raises her brow. "You did, after all, witness it too." She adds.

"Yeah, I know. And I am interested." I nod. "Atlas gave me his number so he could update me, but right now I really have to go." I inform. "Hmm, that's odd. I didn't know he had a phone." She mumbles. "I don't think anyone except you doesn't have a phone." I chuckle.

"True. I'm exquisite." She nods. 

"Anyway, I'll be expecting to see you a lot more often now that you're officially in it." She clears her throat. But before I could answer, her gaze averted, narrowing a little as she stared at something, or rather, someone behind me.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" She simply questions.

When I turn back, I see Tyler, dressed in a different attire now. "No, I just got off." He answers. "Heading to therapy right now." He sighs. "But I guess you decide to stick around Jericho." Tyler smiles coyly at the girl, somewhat relieved. 

"Wait, you see Dr. Kinbott too?" He then notices where she came from. "You should know I'm legally required to be here." Wednesday replies. "Aren't we all." I scoff softly. "Yeah, me too. Court ordered." Tyler sighs. "Mom ordered." I sigh once the girl looks over at me.

"Look at us... A couple of teenage tearaways." Wednesday deadpans, looking for the car that wouldn't stop honking. Tyler just chuckles wryly. "Hey, listen." He then stops us once I realize it's my mom. "When you ran off last night at the Harvest Festival..." He starts.

"I wasn't sure what happened, and then I heard... Kinda crazy." He rambles a little, gazing into Wednesday's onyx eyes. Oh wow, so I guess my disappearance barely meant anything to him. This is why I need to find better friends smh. 

"Everyone, including your father, believe that all of us made it up for attention-seeking purposes." Wednesday muses. "You know, I--" He began saying something, but was cut off by his phone ringing. "Welp, time to get in touch with my inner rebel." He mutters, checking his phone.

"You know, for the record..." He looks at Wednesday, ignoring me. "I believe you." He smiles at the expressionless raven. Am I seriously third-wheeling them right now? Like helloooo I nearly got killed too last night, thank you for your deepest concerns!

"Ugh, I better get going now." I roll my eyes, accidently locking them with my mom's cold ones, peering at me through the open car window, glaring at me after spotting me with the girl. "Um, I'll see you around." I tell the girl, running away.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, hanging around in the open with a freak like that?!" My mom scolds the moment I enter. "Mom, I'm too tired for this, alright?" I sigh, clutching my head. "Like you were too tired for attending the complete session of your therapy with Dr. Kinbott?" She raises her brows. 

"Oh my god, just drive, mom." I scoff, seeing Atlas and Raven come out the cafe. "I hope you weren't talking to that boy." She says, starting the car. "What boy?" I ask, playing dumb. "Nevermind." She sighs, buying it. "Tell me more about therapy." She smiles.

"If it were meant to be discussed so openly, then I wouldn't really need a professional to talk to, now, would I?" I raise my brows at the woman. "You don't have to tell me everything... I just wanna know what you guys usually talk about." She shrugs.

"Don't tell me you guys actually talk shit about me behind my back-"