𝟛𝟠.

"OH MY GOD- WEDNESDAY ADDAMS IS GOING TO THE RAVE'N!"

Jumping around excitedly, the blonde seemed a lot more excited than the raven, for obvious purposes. "And what about you, y/n? Did Atlas ask you out yet?" She then turns to me. "No, of course not." I scoff, still a little bummed about it. "What makes you think he would?" I ask.

"I may or may not have seen him lurk outside a boutique back in Jericho earlier today." She smirks. "So he's going?" I ask, unsure how to feel about that. "I'm not sure, but it's the first time I've seen him so... open-minded." She mumbles. "Usually he's always in his dorm. Sulking."

Crossing my arms, I was tempted to check my phone to see if he had said anything yet, but I knew it would be a waste of time as I haven't received any notifications all day, except from Duolingo, and Wednesday through Enid's phone earlier.

So if he really was going to this dance, as everyone believes, then does that mean he's already going with someone? Wait, does he have a girlfriend that he never spoke about or something? Is he gay? What the fuck- why did I never ask him such things before?

Man, I feel extremely stupid right now.

"Doesn't matter. It's not like my mom would let me come anyway." I roll my eyes, convincing myself more than the others, because I already knew that even if I did get invited, she would be a last person to know. Strict parents raise excellent liars.

"Oh, that's awful." Enid frowns.

"But that's okay, because you've got plenty of time left to come up with a plausible escape plan!" She then adds excitedly. "Dances aren't my thing, Enid. I'd much rather go monster hunting in the woods with these two rather than spend my night in a teenage equivalent of a SFW strip club." I sigh.

"Oh..." She mumbles, a little upset. "Well, I'll definitely miss having you around." Enid then shrugs. "But the fact that Wednesday Addams is going is enough to flip my whole world!" She starts cheering again, and I let out a soft chuckle at her enthusiasm.

"You know what you need now?" She then asks the brooding raven. "A bullet to the head." She replies flatly. "That can be arranged." I say, pointing a random toy-gun I found on her desk, to her head. "y/n, where the hell did you get that?!" Enid questions, freaking out.

"Relax... It's probably fake." I reassure her. "It has only two bullets left, it might as well be." Wednesday shrugs, making me slowly keep it away. Good thing I didn't pull the trigger or anything. "I don't even wanna ask-" I sigh, extremely concerning for the blonde now.

"A wise choice." The raven muses, looking back at a terrorized werewolf. "You were saying?" She raises her brow. "Um, yeah... Let's see." She stutters a little, trying to remember what it was that she was talking about before. "A dress!" Enid exclaims. "You need a dress." She smiles.

"I already have one." She deadpans. "Your uniform doesn't count." I scoff. "No, not that. The other one." She sighs. "You mean the one you were wearing in the mugshot after you tried to kill that boy?" I recall her showing me the photo rather proudly.

"Allegedly." She scoffs. "Oh hell no- That thing was a fashion emergency not even lightning could resuscitate!" The blonde cringes. "Thing, back me up here." She then turns to the hand, who simply replied with his thumb up, supporting our argument.

"You need something that screams: First date; Stand back, bitches... I have arrived!" Enid describes. "And I know JUST the place!" She claps a few times excitedly, looking over at me. "Oh no, don't look at me. I'm not buying a thing!" I protest. 

~15 minutes later...

I can't believe we're at Hawte Kewture.

"What kind of dystopian hellscape is this?" Wednesday asks, even more disgusted that I had imagined. "It's our first roomie shopping spree!" Enid cheers. "Yay..." I cheer sarcastically. "The dance committee suggested all white to match the theme." Enid informs.

"But that's not gonna fly with us." She adds. "Right, y/n?" She grins at me. "I already told you, I am not going to buy a dress I'm not gonna wear to a dance I haven't even been invited to!" I scoff. "YET*" She corrects.

"Atlas is shy, okay? I've known him for two years now. Just give him some time." She assures. "I have no idea what you're talking about." I roll my eyes. "y/n, you're coming with us, and that's final!" She insists. "You don't have to buy anything if you don't want to... But at least keep an open mind." She sighs.

"Fine... I guess I could help you pick something." I roll my eyes, giving. "Perfect!" She grins. "Now, shall we?" She leads the way when the raven finally speaks up. "I have more pressing matters than to worry about a stupid dress for a dance I don't want to attend." She snaps.

"But I thought we were bonding." Enid mumbles.

"All three of us. Three completely different, beautiful and powerful individuals." She muses. "I feel like I'll only slow you two down." Wednesday says. "You're gazelles. And I'm a wounded fawn. Cut me loose and go run with the pack." She sighs.

"Are you sure?" Enid then asks hesitantly, and Wednesday just offers her a sharp nod. "Alright then... C'mon, y/n, let's go!" She grins, dragging me away, and into the boutique. "Fuck you, Addams!" I curse at the girl for sacrificing me like a pawn.

"Have fun shopping!"