𝟜𝟛.

"Of course, five finger discount... Who would've guessed?"

Rolling my eyes at the hand, I began pacing around in my bathroom, wondering if I should stay or go. "Wednesday, Eugene and I were supposed to stake out the cave today." I remind Thing, who then replied that he already handled that.

"Dear lord- Fine... I guess I better get started now, considering we don't have much time to leave." I sigh, wondering what kind of a makeup look I should go for, that would go best with the dress. About to get my phone for some pinterest inspo, Thing quickly volunteered to help me out.

"Oh my god- Is that actually me?!" My eyes widen the moment I glance in the mirror. My makeup- It was flawless, and Thing took the liberty to style my hair too, decorating them with these rose-gold butterfly hairclips, which would suit the dress I was going to wear perfectly!

 My makeup- It was flawless, and Thing took the liberty to style my hair too, decorating them with these rose-gold butterfly hairclips, which would suit the dress I was going to wear perfectly!

(So, um, this is kinda what I had in mind

(So, um, this is kinda what I had in mind. Like, not the exact outfit, of course... But something like this. This is basically what I kept in mind while writing the chapter, but ultimately the wish is yours.

You could always imagine wearing a suit instead, or maybe something more modest or revealing... It's up to your imagination as YOU are the readers. But since every artist needs a muse, I kept this outfit it mind while writing the chapter.

However, this is not what you guys have to keep in mind too, alright?)

"Thing- Oh my god, thank you so much!" I turn to the hand, that just offered me a bow in return. "It's so... elegant, to say the least- You really didn't have to." I mumble, unable to get my eyes off myself, and I wasn't even dressed yet!

'You deserve it, queen.' Thing gushes, making me chuckle softly.

"Okay now don't look. I need to get dressed." I tell the hand, who just walks out the door respectfully, and waits until I call him back inside, after I was done. "I look ridiculous-" I panic, as a wave of overthinking floods my brain.

The dress was amazing, my makeup was flawless, my jewelry was royal, my hair was perfection. 

There was literally no reason for me to feel this way, yet here I was, pacing around, wondering if I should really wear this, or maybe even go to the dance in the first place. "Is this too much?" I then ask the hand. Tired of constantly reassuring me, Thing just opened the door, exposing me.

Frozen like an antelope in headlights, I just stared at the werewolf, who stared back at me, mouth agape, eyes wide. He stood up the moment he heard the door open, and once he laid his icy eyes at me, he was absolutely speechless, but at this point, it didn't make things any better. 

"Woah-" He finally says, walking closer to get a better look. "y/n, you look..." He looks at me up and down. "It's too much, isn't it? I knew I should've just stayed at home- I'm sorry, I--" I ramble, allowing my thoughts to get the best of me. "Stunning." He finishes.

"You look god fucking damn gorgeous." He assures, talking my hands in his. "It surprisingly also goes with the corsage..." He mumbles, showing me a beautiful corsage that he had bought for me. "Aw, Atlas, this is beautiful..." I smile as he puts it on. "Thank you." I give his hand a squeeze.

"It's not even half as beautiful as you." He smiles. "Ugh, shut up- You're so corny." I chuckle, rolling my boys at the unamused wolf. "And then you wonder why chivalry is dead." He sighs to himself, chuckling wryly. 

"Well then, shall we?" He smiles, offering me his arm, which I gladly take after putting on my shoes. "Oh, by the way... There's one slight problem." He says when we leave the house. "Hmm?" I respond with a confused glance. 

"I have a motorcycle." He says, showing me the Harley. "How on earth did you manage to get a motorcycle in Nevermore? I didn't even know they allowed students to own any vehicles." I scoff, mildly amused. "That's the thing... It's not mine." He chuckles awkwardly.

"I may or may not have borrowed it from Weems's secret garage." He muses.

"You stole her motorcycle?!" I ask, choking on my saliva. "Wait, since when did she even have one?" I then wonder aloud. "Judging by the dust it had accumulated, I'm gonna guess her 20s." He replies. "Wow, that's uh, kinda hot." I bite my lips jokingly. 

"Not that shocking though, because she has pretty much always been a mommy-" I then swoon. "Dear god- How bad are your mommy issues?" He scoffs, putting on the helmet. "Pretty bad." I sigh, knowing how pathetic I was at times.

"Alright, just uh- hold on tight, spider monkey." He speaks in a fuckboy voice, hands me over a helmet as he started the Harley. "Ew, no way you just pulled an Edward Cullen on me-" I make fake barfing sounds. "I'm nervous, okay? I thought I had competition with a dumb vampire to take you dancing!" He justifies, making me chuckle. 

"So you binged Twilight overnight before coming to your senses?" I raise my brows. "Better late than never." He shrugs. "You're pathetic-" I scoff, laughing a little. "And you're mean." He rolls his eyes. "You know, you could've just texted me. I could've found us a ride earlier, that way." I say.

"I did. You blocked me."