𝟙𝟙.

"Seriously, where the fuck are they?"

Waiting patiently for the two by Tyler's car, Atlas was getting kinda uneasy with each minute that passed. "Probably just running late?" I try to reason, attempting to calm him down. "I don't think so... There's a lot of running going on." He mumbles, straining his ears.

"Your headmistress, then?" I shrug. "I don't think so. I heard her call the Mayor not too long ago, and those two usually go on for hours." He replies, tapping his foot impatiently. "Maybe they're making out?" I say. "What? Ew no! Stop." He sighs, rolling his eyes.

"That does sound like my bro- Tyler." He then agrees. "But I've seen Addams, alright? I fence with her every morning." He says. "Trust me, she does NOT lead that way." He adds. "Oh? Didn't really expect that." I mumble. "I mean, yeah, to think of it, her and Enid are kinda cute..." I add.

"But that was before I saw Ajax. Now everything's like a super-complicated Netflix show." I roll my eyes. "I meant asexual." The boy scoffs. "I doubt she has ever felt that way for anyone. Not yet at least." I shrugs. "Makes sense." I nod, wondering why we were talking about her sexuality right now.

"Where are you going?" I then ask Atlas as we walks away. "To see if they're in trouble." He simply answers, running off into the crowd. "Hey- Wait for me?" I call, but it was too late. I had already lost him. "Asshole." I roll my eyes, looking around for the two now.

After walking around for 2 minutes, I had made it to the end of the Carnival, and just as I turn around to look elsewhere, I see Wednesday in Tyler's arms, looking as if she was having a seizure. "Wednesday-" I run over to the two, watching her stare up into the sky.

"Are you okay?" I instinctively grab her hand, somehow snapping her out of whatever eerie trance she was under, and she stands up with widened eyes. "What was that?" I ask the girl, a little concerned, and Tyler quickly told us that we had to go.

But just as we were about to leave, Wednesday looks back, and darts into the woods.

 "Wednesday, c'mon!" Tyler turns back to see if she was following, only to find her gone. "Wednesday!" He calls her a few more times, as do I in attempts of stopping her, but she was gone, just like that. Oh, c'mon- What's with everyone running away like that?

"Rowan, come back!" I hear her yell, and that's when I decided to follow her in there. Who was Rowan, or what his business must've been in the woods is something I wasn't aware of. But the closer I got, the heavier my chest felt. Something bad was about to happen...

"Wednesday?" I call, running out of breath but still not stopping. "Wednesday- where are you?!" I yell, entering in deep. "Wednesday!" I cry, terrified now as I lost my sense of direction, and forgot where I came from. It was too dark to tell, but I'm pretty sure I've never been to this side before.

"I have to kill you." A strange voice echoes.

Wait, what? Could that voice belong to Rowan? What the fuck was going on here?!

"WEDNESDAY?!" I call out for her, worried about what I just heard. "WEDNESDAY, WHERE ARE YOU?" I yell louder. There was no answer, leading me to believe that I was trailing further away from their location. "WEDNESDAY!" I scream again.

"My mother said that it was my destiny to stop this girl if she ever came to Nevermore!" I heard a boy yell, a couple of minutes later, and ran towards the direction from where the voice could be heard. But that's the problem here. It's all too dark to tell!

"Rowan..." I heard Wednesday, but she sounded weak, as if she was being strangled by someone. I ran faster, and finally found them. "Dude, put her down, this INSTANT!" I yell, after seeing what was going on.